Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
TS3 Overlay issues - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Technical Support (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: TS3 Overlay issues (/showthread.php?tid=2281)

Pages: 1 2

Re: TS3 Overlay issues - doveman - 03-28-2013

Ah, that would explain it then.

It stopped working again for me last night after it was working for a while, so it's probably because I had RP loaded. Weirdly, the Arma2oa.exe profile that appeared in the overlay plugin disappeared again  ???

Re: TS3 Overlay issues - kenwort - 03-29-2013

I'm using playclaw now. At least it's overlay works just fine.

Re: TS3 Overlay issues - doveman - 03-29-2013

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a go.

I really hope one day A3 or a mod like St_Hud/ACRE will have built-in "highlight currently speaking player" so we don't have to mess around with third-party programs.

(03-28-2013, 11:23 PM)Horus link Wrote: I've already asked Mark, author TS3 Overlay, about this problem but it seems that the RP and TS3 Overlay can't work together  :-\

Yeah, definitely seems to be that as I tested without RP running and it worked.

I've already got ts3client_win64.exe set to Disable API detection in the compatibility list in RP but I'm going to try adding the overlay's InstallHook.exe as well and see if that helps. Otherwise, setting Disable API monitoring for programs without profiles under Advanced should do the same thing, I'm only using the list instead as japamd suggested it to get the RP overlay working with A2, not that it did.

EDIT: Yep, that seems to have done the trick Smile

Ooh, I've also got the RP overlay working with A2CO again by adding arma2oa.exe to the compatibility list and ticking everything except "Ignore D3D9" and "Disable API detection" Smile

TS3 Overlay issues - Variable - 03-29-2013

It's kinda funny but I never felt I needed a Teamspeak overlay. We are rather a small group and so accent-diverse that it was always easy for me to associate the comrade and his voice (well, except in the case of Varanon and Alwarren lol).

Maybe you guys became depended on this aid and after some games without it you'll find out that you no longer need it? Looks like it will spare you some serious headache...

(03-29-2013, 02:57 PM)Variable link Wrote: It's kinda funny but I never felt I needed a Teamspeak overlay. We are rather a small group and so accent-diverse that it was always easy for me to associate the comrade and his voice (well, except in the case of Varanon and Alwarren lol).

Maybe you guys became depended on this aid and after some games without it you'll find out that you no longer need it? Looks like it will spare you some serious headache...

Yeah, it's not so bad on the CiA server as it's a small regular group, although my brain's not great at associating voices to names and works much better visually/with faces, so the overlay comes in handy sometimes. On the United Operations server it's pretty useless really as it shows people speaking who aren't even in your squad and you can't hear, so it's just a jumble of names  :Smile

Re: TS3 Overlay issues - Rund - 03-29-2013

(03-29-2013, 02:57 PM)Variable link Wrote: It's kinda funny but I never felt I needed a Teamspeak overlay. We are rather a small group and so accent-diverse that it was always easy for me to associate the comrade and his voice (well, except in the case of Varanon and Alwarren lol).

That only works if you're on the server often enough to remember everyone...
For the new guys I really need it, and It's quite a pain without in Arma 3...

Re: TS3 Overlay issues - Variable - 03-30-2013

I see your point rund. Don't you have a second monitor or additional laptop to have TS on it?

Re: TS3 Overlay issues - doveman - 03-30-2013

(03-30-2013, 04:31 PM)Variable link Wrote: I see your point rund. Don't you have a second monitor or additional laptop to have TS on it?

I don't have it connected at present due to packing stuff away before the builders come to rip my house apart  but even when I did, it's kinda distracting to have to look at a second monitor and identify whomever's speaking by the lit dot next to their name, whereas with the TS3 Overlay in minimal mode it just shows the name of the person speaking on the main monitor which is much easier.

By the way, there's an update to Radeon Pro just released which makes it's overlay work with A2 without having to mess about with the compatibility list. It must be a coincidence and nothing to do with the update I think, as it doesn't make any difference if I completely shutdown all parts of Radeon Pro but the TS3 Overlay has stopped working again for me  :Smile

Re: TS3 Overlay issues - doveman - 03-30-2013

OK, I've rolled back to 3.7.14 and with these settings in the user_config.ini it's working again. Tested with RP running as well (with API monitoring disabled for TS3 and InstallHook) and have both overlays, so hopefully it will be OK now.

[ARMA2OA.EXE]
d3d9.use_present_hook=true
dll.force_loading=true
dll.disable_loading=false
statistics.doesnt_crash_in_version=3.7.14

Re: TS3 Overlay issues - doveman - 11-15-2013

I've managed to get TS3 Overlay working for A3 now and I recall some other people mentioned last night that they were having trouble with it, so this is what I did.

Open the TS3 Overlay settings via Settings - Plugins, then where it says Profile, select a game (it doesn't matter which) and the bottom line where it says "Your configuration file and the log files are located here" will become clickable, so click on that and in the folder that opens, edit the config_user.ini file and make sure it contains the following:

[globals]
initial_warning_dialog_shown=3.7.23

[ARMA2OA.EXE]
overlay.display.show_avatar=true
statistics.doesnt_crash_in_version=3.7.23

[ARMA3.EXE]
overlay.display.show_avatar=true
statistics.doesnt_crash_in_version=3.7.23
d3d10.enable=true
d3d11.enable=true

[default]
videorecording.codec.params=
videorecording.codec.name=
overlay.display.fontfile=arial.ttf
overlay.display.fontcolor.talking=FFFF007F
overlay.popup.fontsize=12
overlay.display.fontsize=12
overlay.display.backgroundcolor=FF000000
overlay.display.fontcolor.silent=80F2C700
overlay.display.fontcolor.channel=FF999900
x64.enable=false
popup.initialization.backgroundcolor=
overlay.display.fadeouttime=100
overlay.initialization.height=180
overlay.initialization.mode=minimal
dll.disable_loading=true
d3d8.enable=false
d3d10.enable=false
opengl.enable=false
d3d9.enable=true
d3d11.enable=false
dll.force_loading=true
overlay.initialization.width=192
overlay.initialization.xpos=500
overlay.initialization.ypos=3
overlay.display.window.opacity=1
d3d9.use_present_hook=false
popup.initialization.duration=3

There's a load of other games in there, so I haven't pasted the whole file, just the relevant parts so don't go deleting the rest!

The [default] section is set to disabled so that it only loads for the specified games and also uses Minimal mode, so that it only shows the names of who's speaking. The [globals] and [ARMA2OA.EXE] sections I've had for ages and it's been working fine with A2. I just added the [ARMA3.EXE] section and tested it and that's working great now as well.

If you want to adjust the placing/size of the overlay, you can edit the [global] section manually but it's easier to use the plugin settings GUI by selecting the default profile, untick "Disable loading" on the Overlay tab, edit the settings as required on the Display and Colors tabs, then go back and tick "Disable loading" again.