Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Addons & Mods (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Arma 3 recommended client-side addons (/showthread.php?tid=2329)

Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - Variable - 03-31-2013

This is the stuff I've been using with the little time I spent in Arma 3. Please share yours!

FA Stance Indicator adds a character-like icon to indicate your current stance out of the 9(!) available.

Bigger Compass speaks for itself.

FA GPS moves the GPS receiver to the upper right hand corner instead the middle of your face.

Riffle Collision automatically lowers your rifle against objects (bushes too unfortunately).

Midrange texture replacement makes the midrange texture in the game much nicer, without performance drop.

Blood mist adds blood mist effect when a bullet hitting body.

EDIT: Mostly obsolete, Alpha stage addons.

Re: Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - ck-claw - 09-02-2013

Some others:-

JSRS2.0 Early development but speaks for it's self.

Tao Folding Map 2.1 Handy for map use when driving etc

TMR 0.2: Rest & Recoil Weapon Resting, adjustments to weapon sway/recoil when prone etc

Weapons:-

Sham's M16A4 Pack Always been a fan of the M16A2

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 Goes without saying  Wink

FHQ Accessories pack

Re: Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - Alwarren - 09-03-2013

(09-02-2013, 11:57 PM)ck-claw link Wrote: FHQ M4 for Arma 3 Goes without saying  Wink

FHQ Accessories pack

Good choice Smile

Re: Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - Variable - 09-30-2013

I've been playing Arma 3 SP lately. This is what I work with:
  • TMR - Weapon sway, Rest and Recoil, Realistic AT.
  • TPW MODS - ambient civies, vehicles, animals, suppression effects, cover effects, fall animations
  • WW AICOVER - AI will take cover as reaction to gunfire sounds
  • Midrange terrain texture replacement

Now I'm considering using the following:
  • WW AIMenu (complimentary commands) - the list of commands you can give the AI with this is highly impressive!
  • Tao Folding Map - althugh I don't like the fact it acts a bit like the infamous red circle...
Anyone's got experience with them?

Re: Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - ck-claw - 10-01-2013

(09-02-2013, 11:57 PM)ck-claw link Wrote:Tao Folding Map 2.1 Handy for map use when driving etc

I never leave home without it  8)

Re: Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - kenwort - 10-04-2013

I have not tried these myself yet but I would definitely recommend them: I'm really missing Mike's HUD from ARMA2.

Re: Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - Variable - 10-04-2013

Kenwort several of the addons you posted were fixing design gaps of the Alpha stage that have since been fixed in the official vanilla game (for example, stance indicator and GPS overlay position on the screen). I would check those that say [Alpha] if you really need them now.

(10-04-2013, 01:28 PM)Kenwort link Wrote:I'm really missing Mike's HUD from ARMA2.
Your wish was granted! (as discussed). This means the "Name tag mod" is also not required.

Re: Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - ck-claw - 10-04-2013

(10-04-2013, 05:56 PM)Variable link Wrote:Your wish was granted! (as discussed). This means the "Name tag mod" is also not required.

Really? where? cause i did'nt have a clue last night who was who!  ;D

Re: Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - doveman - 11-08-2013

I didn't see any names last night either. I was going to try the A3C_NameTag mod before A3 decided it wasn't going to launch anymore (turned out to be a Steam problem! An update has just fixed it but I've opted out of the Steam beta now as I think it only affected that).

I've just seen this, which I'm not sure is a client-side addon or even if it will allow us to select weapons for A3 missions or if it might only work when playing A2 mission in A3 with AllinArma but it certainly looks interesting and if it does give us the weapon selection back in the Map and Briefing screen, is something we should use/recommend. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168092-Map-and-Briefing-team-inventory-fix

As far as I understand, BaBe_midTex is still needed for the mid-range texture replacements as BIS haven't done anything to improve those since the Alpha.

There's a voice command mod called Articulate which some people might like to try, particularly for SP. I have VAC already so haven't really tried this but it's a free alternative that might be fine for A3. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166228-Articulate-Squad-Voice-Command-Utility-for-Arma-3&highlight=articulate

Not an A3 addon as such but anyone with a IOS or Android device might be able to think of uses for Roccat PowerGrid with A3, such as making buttons that send macros for AI control maybe or buttons that place certain markers on the current map position. http://power-grid.roccat.org/en/Home/

Re: Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - Variable - 11-08-2013

(11-08-2013, 02:52 PM)doveman link Wrote:I didn't see any names last night either. I was going to try the A3C_NameTag mod before A3 decided it wasn't going to launch anymore (turned out to be a Steam problem! An update has just fixed it but I've opted out of the Steam beta now as I think it only affected that).
Install the mk4 HUD (it's mandatory).
Go to Teamspeak > right click alpha channel > file repository (or something like that > mandatory addons > mk4 Arma 3 HUD.
It requires cba and you turn it on by using your "command" key

Re: Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - doveman - 11-08-2013

(11-08-2013, 07:26 PM)Variable link Wrote:Install the mk4 HUD (it's mandatory).
Go to Teamspeak > right click alpha channel > file repository (or something like that > mandatory addons > mk4 Arma 3 HUD.
It requires cba and you turn it on by using your "command" key

Ah thanks, I just tried adding it in PwS but it says it's incompatible with A3 but I've got the A3 version from the TS server now.

Do you think you'll switch to the stable build sometime, as I have to use that for the campaign (savegame is incompatible with the Dev build) and most other servers (at least the ones that I see and are populated) seem to be on the stable build now, so it's a bit of a pain to have to keep switching?

Re: Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - Variable - 11-08-2013

DO NOT ADD IT TO PwS network!!!

We have the author permission to use it on CiA only.

Re: Arma 3 recommended client-side addons - doveman - 11-09-2013

(11-08-2013, 09:46 PM)Variable link Wrote:DO NOT ADD IT TO PwS network!!!

We have the author permission to use it on CiA only.

No worries, you misunderstood what I meant anyway. There's a @MK4 on PwS and I was trying to add this to my CiA profile but it said it was incompatible with A3, so I presume that's a A2-only mod on there.