Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: mk4_hud for Arma 3 (/showthread.php?tid=2348)

Pages: 1 2

mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Alwarren - 04-21-2013

Fellow Comrades,

I managed to modify mk4 hud to work on Arma 3. Only a few minor adjustments where needed. I've attached the binary to this post.

Note that mike, the author of the addon, has granted us the right to use it within CiA. Do not spread this around, keep it strictly for your own use.

Usage is like in Arma 2, only that by default the commanding key is bound to the tilde key (or '^' if you have a German keyboard, i.e. directly next tot eh '1'). You can rebind that to Space if you haven't already done so.

Have fun.

UPDATE: new version attached. Vehicle info now ignores animals (i.e. no snakes with gunners anymore) and displays crew count along with occupied crew slots just like for cargo.

UPDATE2: New version now uses the distributed team color from ShackTac or GroupInfo when available
UPDATE3: New version now highlights the speaker if TFAR is loaded. You get a red outline around the guy using his radio.

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Variable - 04-21-2013

Thanks a lot Alwarren, we needed that badly. Rund, I guess that means we can work on the difficulty settings of the server and have them as our Arma 2 ones.

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Alwarren - 04-21-2013

Slight issue with the archive, please replace the pbo with the one below. This will fix an error message when i vehicles, and will display the correct icons next to special vehicle roles.

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Rund - 04-21-2013

(04-21-2013, 03:42 PM)Variable link Wrote:Thanks a lot Alwarren, we needed that badly. Rund, I guess that means we can work on the difficulty settings of the server and have them as our Arma 2 ones.

As I haven't played A3 besides from the first 2 days, I'll leave the config to you guys.  I'll make a restart web-script as soon as I get a decent webserver installed, then everything can be done trough the FTP.

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - kenwort - 10-04-2013

Thanks Alwarren this is one of the most useful addons I have ever used! Glad it's now available in ARMA 3!

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Misha - 10-04-2013

I didn't thank yet for my favorite awerness addon - thank you!

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Alwarren - 10-04-2013

No worries, guys... the conversion was pretty easy, not much of a challenge Smile

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Phantom - 10-04-2013

Thanks for the addon, it was much needed. I was going to consider trying A3C_Nametag, but having to point your gun at someone to see their name would be a hassle.

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Variable - 04-26-2014

Alwarren could you please fix the HUD display when pointing at animals?

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Variable - 07-23-2014

a kind reminder... Wink

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Variable - 10-19-2014

Suggested features I'd wanted to note ages ago:

- Make the assigned team colors distributable to all team members
- Add to the vehicle occupants display a count of the crewmen! (see attached image) it's really needed as vehicles have varying number of crew slots.
- Kill the display when looking at an animal Smile

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Varanon - 10-19-2014

Perhaps Alwarren can add the mk4 functionality to Group Info?

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Alwarren - 10-19-2014

Yeah I thought about that as well.

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Variable - 11-12-2014

(10-19-2014, 04:16 PM)Variable link Wrote:- Add to the vehicle occupants display a count of the crewmen! (see attached image) it's really needed as vehicles have varying number of crew slots.
The motivation for this has increased due to introduction of FFV. Shooter seats are actually crewmen seats now if I'm not mistaken.

Re: mk4_hud for Arma 3 - Outlawz7 - 11-12-2014

(11-12-2014, 12:38 PM)Variable link Wrote:The motivation for this has increased due to introduction of FFV. Shotter seats are actually crewmen seats now if I'm not mistaken.

Correct. Would be also great if the vehicle info was displayed in its own HUD, like the TFAR transmissions, since it uses the default game hint.