Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan (/showthread.php?tid=2349)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - GG-Viktor Reznov - 04-22-2013

Sweet! Cant wait for your next mission. Will there be a AnthroPack? Big Grin Perhaps an Attack of the Anthropoid Map Pack?

I encountered no problems with your mission at all. Though havent been able to test in a fully co op environment. I think ill test it in A3 Big Grin

They killed me in A3. They were always facing me for some reason. Cant pickup and drop weapons Sad

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - Anthropoid - 04-23-2013

So just to clarify Victor, you managed to complete both objectives, extract and saw the "Mission Accomplished" screen?

If so, then that right there is all I really wanted, and I consider this to be a success Smile

If my first mission just simply _works!_ then that is a definite step forward.

For my next one, here is the idea I have in mind:

As I've said, a LOT of my Arma gaming has been playing the LOST mission, and in that mission you encounter a lot of whacky but cool scenarios. The overall scenario for the mission of course is that, WWIII has occurred, and friendly forces in the country are more or less decimated. You start as a solo geurilla and then you have to piece together a fighting force. My long term objective is to make a COOP MSO version of LOST so I'm working with that goal in mind.

In one playthrough in LOST (I almost always play as a FR Medic), I found myself spawned near Nur. There were some military emplacements near Nur to the east. I capped those guys solo and then managed to make contact with my friendless a squad of about 15. I brought them to the location and basically holed up in Nur. I think I managed to destroy about 15 enemy vehicles and probably 50 to 75 enemy defending Nur and using a sort of roadblock in the village center.

I could see doing it either way:a band of BlUFOR guerillas have taken control of Nur and players are an OPFOR assault force (daytime attack I think)Or the other way round.

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - GG-Viktor Reznov - 04-23-2013

Yup Big Grin
http://s9.postimg.org/k91rkvs27/arma2oa_2013_04_22_13_19_48_53.jpg

Cant find other screenshot.

Got a link to this Lost thingy you are talking about?

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - Varanon - 04-23-2013

Wait... Takiban ? really ?

(04-23-2013, 12:22 AM)Varanon link Wrote: Wait... Takiban ? really ?

;D

I saw some other mission maker or somebody used the term and I thought it had a nice ring to it.

It makes me think of a bunch of Taliban but dressed really 'tacky.'

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - Phantom - 04-23-2013

(04-22-2013, 02:41 PM)Anthropoid link Wrote: I don't know if this is gonna work in MP mode or not. I wrote it in the editor accessed through Singleplayer window. Hope it is possible to switch it over to MP mode so it can be playtested coop.

Anyway, I learned a lot and I'll write the next one in editor accessed through the MP window; I see it is a bit different (although the Preview sequence is more annoying too so contininuing to edit through SP window is preferable if that is possible).
I never make my missions through the MP window because that's more loading screens to go through and it has an annoying preview. I just stick to the SP window and it still works for MP. It doesn't matter which window you use, SP or MP it'll still work for MP if you design it in an MP compatible way. I never use MP window because that's too much of a hassle for previewing.

(04-23-2013, 12:18 AM)GG-Viktor Reznov link Wrote: Yup Big Grin
http://s9.postimg.org/k91rkvs27/arma2oa_2013_04_22_13_19_48_53.jpg

Cant find other screenshot.

Got a link to this Lost thingy you are talking about?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15945&highlight=LOST%2B5.3

Also, incase you missed it, here is my Youtube "Lets PLay" of the beginning of a Lost playthrough. It gets a bit slow at points sorry for that. My editing skills with Bandicam are nonexistent.

(04-23-2013, 02:35 AM)Phantom link Wrote: I never make my missions through the MP window because that's more loading screens to go through and it has an annoying preview. I just stick to the SP window and it still works for MP. It doesn't matter which window you use, SP or MP it'll still work for MP if you design it in an MP compatible way. I never use MP window because that's too much of a hassle for previewing.

Great to hear thanks Phantom!

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - GG-Viktor Reznov - 04-23-2013

Ah I remember that. Too much ai for my brain to handle.

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - Varanon - 04-23-2013

(04-23-2013, 02:15 AM)Anthropoid link Wrote: ;D

I saw some other mission maker or somebody used the term and I thought it had a nice ring to it.

It makes me think of a bunch of Taliban but dressed really 'tacky.'

Yeah, but... Takiban ? I cringe everytime I see that... it's wrong on so many levels... first of all, Taliban are called Taliban because it's the plural of Talib, which is a scholar of Islam. Someone called the insurgents Takiban because they are from Takistan, but the Taliban aren't called Afganiban, either... Well, the worst idea is of course to call them Takibans which is totally wrong

Just a personal pet peeve od mine

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - Alwarren - 04-23-2013

Fear the Stratiban!

Well, Takistani Militiamen sounds like crap. Insurgents is okay I guess, but then it doesn't really have that catch that a proper noun has.

For those of us who are not experts on the etymology of Islamic fundamentalist group's names Takiban sounds just fine I think.

But I'm happy to consider using something else if you can suggest it  Big Grin Of course it would need to 'sound' like a name for a militant Islamic geurilla group, but NOT be an actual realworld name so I don't wind up on some kill list or being sued or something.

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - GG-Viktor Reznov - 04-27-2013

Just incase Anthropoid forgets to update post. His tweaked mission to increase the difficulty and added support for coop.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20402&highlight=NUR

It looks spicy.

co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - Variable - 04-27-2013

Thanks! Will put the Armaholic version on the server tonight.

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - Anthropoid - 04-28-2013

The version I attached to the first post of this thread is slightly more recent than Armaholic. Not seeing how to update to a 1.1 version on Armaholic.

Re: co11_oa_NuratNight.Takistan - Variable - 04-28-2013

(04-28-2013, 02:33 PM)Anthropoid link Wrote: The version I attached to the first post of this thread is slightly more recent than Armaholic. Not seeing how to update to a 1.1 version on Armaholic.
Mission (version from OP) is hosted on the server. Thanks Anthropoid!