Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade (/showthread.php?tid=2350)

Pages: 1 2

CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Variable - 04-22-2013

The CiA Arma 2 server will be down for hardware upgrade between 7th – 16th May. During this period Coop nights will take place at the regular times on the Arma 2 and Arma 3 temporary servers. Just filter for "comrades" and you'll find us.

Temporary Teamspeak 3 server: teamspeak.jkry.org

Re: CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Bubba - 04-23-2013

OOH, so arma 3 on the regular coop nights?  :o  (Or did I understand wrong, and we are using A3 server for A2?)

Re: CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Variable - 04-23-2013

Yeah, Arma 3 on regular coop nights.

Re: CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - WCG - 04-23-2013

Woo, hoo!  Smile

Unfortunately, this is terrible timing for me. It could hardly come at a worse time, in fact. But I will certainly try to keep those days open. (20:00 your time is 13:00 here.)

I've been trying to find a group which plays Arma 3 in the evenings here, but so far, I haven't been able to find anyone at all comparable to CiA. I guess you're one in a million, huh?  Smile

Bill

Re: CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Variable - 04-23-2013

Unfortunately, good hardcore groups that play organized but without the milsim shit are hard to find. Maybe Shacktac will b e good for you Bill, have you tried them out?

Re: CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - WCG - 04-24-2013

The invitations I've had so far (with the right time zone, I mean) are really into that mil-sim stuff. Their members specialize into specific military roles, and I'd rather do a variety of things, depending on the mission.

I haven't tried Shacktac, no, but I'm not going to worry about this too much, since I won't have much time to play in the spring and summer. (And in the winter, daytime play will probably be fine for me.)

Oh, and it looks like I might be free May 7th after all. Hard to tell after that.

Bill

Re: CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Anthropoid - 04-25-2013

Wow, already enough missions to fill in coop nights for a  few weeks huh? That's cool. Looking forward to it.

At this point, I'm guessing that just a straightup vanilla A3 loadout is what everyone will be using?

CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Variable - 04-25-2013

(04-25-2013, 05:59 PM)Anthropoid link Wrote: At this point, I'm guessing that just a straightup vanilla A3 loadout is what everyone will be using?
Yes. The Arma 3 missions on the CiA server are vanilla ones. However, you may use any client side add-on as long it's not a cheat mod (we leave  it to everybody's judgement).

Re: CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Alwarren - 04-25-2013

(04-25-2013, 06:45 PM)Variable link Wrote: Yes. The Arma 3 missions on the CiA server are vanilla ones. Howe Ed, you may use any client side add-on as long it's not a cheat mod (we leave  it to everybody's judgement).

Mods in Arma 3 might pose s problem. I think it is safe to say that most people will prefer a contemporary scenario of the the future stuff, and having to hand-assemble contemporary armies out of dozens of addons might be an issue. I hope enough people get together to make single armies as a single addon... don't want to have to download several M4's, HMMWV's, Units  and tanks to get a decent Blufor and repeat for opfor.

CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Variable - 04-27-2013

Just realized we're gonna need a Teamspeak sever too! Rund, will you be able to install one on your machine?

Also, I fear that we don't have enough worthy Arma 3 missions to hold four full coop nights. I think we need to find an alternative Arma 2 server.

Re: CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Alwarren - 04-27-2013

(04-27-2013, 10:39 AM)Variable link Wrote: Just realized we're gonna need a Teamspeak sever too! Rund, will you be able to install one on your machine?

Also, I fear that we don't have enough worthy Arma 3 missions to hold four full coop nights. I think we need to find an alternative Arma 2 server.

Can rund's server that runs Arma 3 now not run Arma 2 as well?

Re: CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Legolasse - 04-27-2013

I know a TS server for us that we can use. So no need to install one. Smile

Re: CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Rund - 04-27-2013

The "old"  temp A2 server is still ready for usage (the one at work).  Just need to sync the missions.  Will do that tomorrow.

CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Variable - 04-27-2013

(04-27-2013, 03:54 PM)Lego link Wrote: I know a TS server for us that we can use. So no need to install one. Smile
Great!

(04-27-2013, 04:05 PM)rundll.exe link Wrote: The "old"  temp A2 server is still ready for usage (the one at work).  Just need to sync the missions.  Will do that tomorrow.
Great! I suppose it is only with CWR2 + Thirsk server?

Re: CiA Server Downtime for Upgrade - Variable - 04-28-2013

rundll.exe has setup a temporary Arma 2 server for us to play on during the upgrade of our permanent server! We won't have to be limited to Stratis after all... Smile