Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
CiA Addon List Expanded! - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: CiA Addon List Expanded! (/showthread.php?tid=2375)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: CiA Addon List Expanded! - Variable - 09-03-2013

(09-03-2013, 06:22 PM)Llauma link Wrote: This is fucked up.. I'm trying to install the game and all the required addons but so far it's not really going as planned.

I used the PwS link. It installed all the addons but I kept getting numerous messages about missing files when I attempted to join the server so now I'm reinstalling everything again.
Ok I'll try to hold my enthusiasm about you actually re-joining (yay!) and try to help.
Are you sure you are running Arma 2 combined ops and not only Arma 2?
Are you running the game through PwS?

Re: CiA Addon List Expanded! - Llauma - 09-03-2013

Yeah, I'm running OA and I've installed all the patches. Yes, I use PwS to run the game. If I tried to do it the old way but all the mod=-things won't fit into the target box.

When I check the expansions menu ingame then I notice that all the mods are there except CWR2 which is missing. I don't know why. I've got it and according to PwS it's installed.

I've got a new i5 4670 and a GTX 660 so the game runs way better than before.

Re: CiA Addon List Expanded! - ck-claw - 09-03-2013

(09-03-2013, 06:44 PM)Llauma link Wrote: If I tried to do it the old way but all the mod=-things won't fit into the target box.

Could always try a Mod Launcher ?

(09-03-2013, 06:53 PM)ck-claw link Wrote: Could always try a Mod Launcher ?
That seems like the solution even though it's for Arma3. I'm struggling with Arma2. I seem to have all the required addons but CWR2 doesn't wanna load when I run it through PwS. I'll try a mod launcher for arma2

Re: CiA Addon List Expanded! - Alwarren - 09-03-2013

(09-03-2013, 07:04 PM)Llauma link Wrote: That seems like the solution even though it's for Arma3. I'm struggling with Arma2. I seem to have all the required addons but CWR2 doesn't wanna load when I run it through PwS. I'll try a mod launcher for arma2

Personally, I use this launcher

Have you looked at the RPT file, in My Documents/AppData/Arma2 OA/arma2oa.rpt ? It might give some clues.

Re: CiA Addon List Expanded! - doveman - 09-03-2013

(09-03-2013, 06:44 PM)Llauma link Wrote: Yeah, I'm running OA and I've installed all the patches. Yes, I use PwS to run the game. If I tried to do it the old way but all the mod=-things won't fit into the target box.

When I check the expansions menu ingame then I notice that all the mods are there except CWR2 which is missing. I don't know why. I've got it and according to PwS it's installed.

Hi LLauma,

You could always try a batch file to get round the target box size restriction.

I've attached one I made using the PwS mod names, which should be up to date. You'll obviously have to edit the paths to ArmA to fit your system and check the folder name you've got for Caribou Froniter as that's not on PwS yet, so I might have named the folder differently to you. You'll need to change the "name=x" near the end as well.

In PwS, you could also go to Mods and select CWR2, switch it to single-player and launch it and check expansion, to verify that CWR2 is installed and working.

Text of the batch, in case anyone wants to check or comment on it without downloading:

d:
cd d:\games\Arma2OA\
D:\Games\ArmA2OA\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -mod=beta;d:\games\arma 2;acrlite;@cba_co;@cwr2;@cwr2_uk;@cwr2_nl;@cwr2_canard;@gdtmod_grass;@thirsk;@mk4;@wintercamos;@chn_crocodile;@ibr_dtowns;@csj_snake;@mcn_aliabad;@mcn_hazarkot;@gsep_mosch;@gsep_zernovo;@ibr_plants;@brg_africa;@isla_duala;@lingor;@lingor_units;@mbg_buildings2;@ibr_lcivilians;@mbg_gen_afr_buildings;@hotze_base;@ibr_rn;@trinity;@namalsk;@nc;@fdf_podagorsk;@bink_usmc;@tf86_seals;rhsmod" "-name=x" -nosplash -world=empty-connect=77.74.193.124 -port=2202 -password=XXXXX

Yeah sry- i use that for Arma3
The one Alwarren posted is the one, i use for Arma2

(09-03-2013, 07:12 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: Personally, I use this launcher

I used to use that too before PwS and found it pretty good. It can take a while to setup the mods in the right order and so on though, so if you decide to try it you might be able to use the profile I made (using the PwS modnames) in the attached zip. I can't promise it will work but it's worth a shot Wink

Just load the launcher and click on Profiles and create a new one (call it something like "CiA CWR2"). Then close the launcher.

You're no doubt using different paths to ArmA2OA and Arma2 from me, so you'll need to open each of the three files in the zip in an editor (I recommend Notepad++ but I think ordinary Notepad will do) and do a find and replace to replace all instances of d:\games\arma 2 and d:\games\ArmA2OA with your paths.

In the LaunchOptions.xml also edit <GameProfileName>x</GameProfileName> to fill in your ArmA2 profile name.

Once you've finished editing the files and have saved and closed them, go to C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Spirited Machine\ArmA II Launcher\1.4.1.0\Profiles and you should see a folder with the name of the profile you created in the Launcher earlier. Drop the three files into that folder, overwriting the existing files if necessary and then load the launcher again.

You might get some errors the first time as it adjusts the profile to your system or it might not work at all but as I say, it's worth a shot as it could save you a lot of time if it does.

Now it's kind of running though I get an error message saying: Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'.

What am I missing?

On never mind.. I got it running now without any messages  Smile

Re: CiA Addon List Expanded! - Alwarren - 09-03-2013

(09-03-2013, 07:39 PM)doveman link Wrote: I used to use that too before PwS and found it pretty good.

Speaking of which, doveman, are we ever going to see you again on Coop nights? You know you want to Wink

Re: CiA Addon List Expanded! - Varanon - 09-03-2013

(09-03-2013, 07:45 PM)Llauma link Wrote: Now it's kind of running though I get an error message saying: Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'.

What am I missing?

On never mind.. I got it running now without any messages  Smile

This message appears if you have the very latest CBA without the Amra 2 beta. The beta needs the new CBA_CO, the previous version needed the separated versions.

(09-03-2013, 07:53 PM)Varanon link Wrote: This message appears if you have the very latest CBA without the Amra 2 beta. The beta needs the new CBA_CO, the previous version needed the separated versions.

I did pick this up when i got the addons and pointed out to Variable to double check and maybe put a little note up?  8)

Re: CiA Addon List Expanded! - Variable - 09-03-2013

(09-03-2013, 07:57 PM)ck-claw link Wrote: I did pick this up when i got the addons and pointed out to Variable to double check and maybe put a little note up?  8)
Yeah, how can we approach that? We need all these CBAs only if we run the beta version. Does the PwS profile loads them or the stable CBA?

Wow, CWR2 is great trip down memory lane though my aim is as far from great as it could possibly be.

Anyway, thanks for the aid!

(09-03-2013, 07:46 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: Speaking of which, doveman, are we ever going to see you again on Coop nights? You know you want to Wink

Yeah, "I'll be back" as a well-known Austrian once said (no, not Hitler!)

Just been swamped with things I need to get done recently and can't afford to get distracted for hours. I'm going to be stuck in temporary accommodation without a PC for the next 3-4 weeks whilst builders go to work on my flat but after that things should have calmed down a bit and I'll be able to join you again to fight the good fight (well I try and put up a fight at least, maybe not that good of a one!)