Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
New Arma-3 ready PC - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Technical Support (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: New Arma-3 ready PC (/showthread.php?tid=2426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: New Arma-3 ready PC - ck-claw - 12-04-2013

Very nice rund  8)

Re: New Arma-3 ready PC - Stick - 12-17-2013

I've just ordered a MSI Geforce GTX 770 Gaming Edition 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card to replace my old ATI Radeon HD 5800  ;D  So I might just see something while playing with being old and getting on, half blind, needing glasses with jam jar bottoms to see with Wink lol

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-202-MS

Re: New Arma-3 ready PC - Rund - 12-17-2013

The same as mine  Big Grin  So far it has no trouble holding up at max settings +  4x AA @2560x1600,  so you won't be disappointed!
Oh and the fans are really silent at rest, and produce a reassuring whizzz when you walk in the forest  8)  Much better than the constant vacuum cleaner on my old Asus 260GTX

Re: New Arma-3 ready PC - Stick - 12-17-2013

Just been informed that it has been dispatched, I'm looking forward to its arrival ;D

Re: New Arma-3 ready PC - freeman - 12-22-2013

if i were to buy a SSD, what brand do you guys recommend. Fast AND cheap if possible Smile ; I calculated a 80GB drive should be enough for my Armas. The prices STILL go up like crazy the more GB you add to the model.

When will they ever become main stream and cheaper to manufacture? i got annoyed waiting  for that.

Re: New Arma-3 ready PC - Variable - 12-22-2013

(12-22-2013, 03:22 PM)freeman link Wrote: I calculated a 80GB drive should be enough for my Armas.
Freeman, make sure to take into account Dayz/TOH if there's any chance you'll want to play them.

Re: New Arma-3 ready PC - freeman - 12-22-2013

^ I suppose. For now i just want my stuttering to go away from Arma; I can deal with the low fps in some of the missions(most actually) , but because of the stuttering i can't fully enjoy the singleplayer , let alone the multiplayer.

Btw can i REALLY be sure the stuttering will go away if i install the game on an SSD... I mean i encounter low FPS, even extreme low fps in "regular" games ,other then Arma, but i rarelly get stuttering (exception is Deus Ex Human Revolution where i get good fps but with stuttering --- common issue with that game for a number of users)

Re: New Arma-3 ready PC - MavericK96 - 12-23-2013

SSD should eliminate the stuttering for you.  My two real performance tips for ArmA 2/3 are:

1) Get an SSD

2) Overclock your processor

ArmA loves fast disk drive I/O speed and raw CPU power.

Re: New Arma-3 ready PC - Rund - 12-26-2013

(12-23-2013, 04:07 AM)MavericK link Wrote: SSD should eliminate the stuttering for you.  My two real performance tips for ArmA 2/3 are:

1) Get an SSD

2) Overclock your processor

ArmA loves fast disk drive I/O speed and raw CPU power.

This is exactly what I did with my old setup, and I managed to play A2 fluently. The SSD really helps in loading textures and LODs faster, without holding up the whole game.

Oh, and 80GB is too small, no matter what. Get 150 or more, or you'll be frustrated by the amount of stuff you have to put on your normal harddisk. And most of the time the normal hdd is in sleep mode because there was no access to it for long time. If you then start a program from it, you'll have to wait for the disk to spin up. That's really annoying.

Re: New Arma-3 ready PC - Variable - 12-26-2013

(12-26-2013, 01:47 PM)rundll.exe link Wrote: And most of the time the normal hdd is in sleep mode because there was no access to it for long time. If you then start a program from it, you'll have to wait for the disk to spin up. That's really annoying.
Oh! I thought my HDD is dying! I'm glad that's normal...

Re: New Arma-3 ready PC - freeman - 12-29-2013

Ok i'm 90% decided to get a Crucial M500 120GB. Not too expensive, not the fastest one in its class(i still have SATA2) but has a nice power loss protection feature.

Re: New Arma-3 ready PC - Misha - 12-29-2013

(12-26-2013, 02:22 PM)Variable link Wrote: Oh! I thought my HDD is dying! I'm glad that's normal...

I think you can change it in options somewhere to stop your hdd going into sleep mode. However, sleep mode is good hdd's health.

Re: New Arma-3 ready PC - Variable - 12-29-2013

(12-29-2013, 01:04 PM)Misha link Wrote: However, sleep mode is good hdd's health.
Yeah, I'll keep it on, I don't access it that much anyway. Glad to know it's an expected behavior.