Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Arma 3 Campaign - SPOILERS AHEAD! - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Singleplayer (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Arma 3 Campaign - SPOILERS AHEAD! (/showthread.php?tid=2480)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Arma 3 Campaign - Variable - 02-13-2014

(02-13-2014, 01:43 PM)Misha link Wrote:AI tend to slow down after any engagement, they will follow but in a typical slow motion we know form previous Arma's. In fact, Arma 2's AI is much better in this regard, it was like this but they fixed it. Now why old bugs keep appearing in new titles, only BIS knows!
My experience is the opposite. Arma 3 AI is much more responsive, even under "Danger" mode.

Re: Arma 3 Campaign - Misha - 02-14-2014

I think it's more pronounced in the towns and even more when crossing the bridges. And once it goes in slo-mo mode it never recovers.

Re: Arma 3 Campaign - Variable - 02-14-2014

(02-14-2014, 02:55 AM)Misha link Wrote:And once it goes in slo-mo mode it never recovers.
If you mean by that the slow walking with the weapon raised - order them "Danger" and then "Aware" and it fixes the issue.

Well, yeah, and that. They don't respond to order "at ease". Other than that I saw it happen even before engagement when moving through towns.

Re: Arma 3 Campaign - Variable - 02-14-2014

If you order them Danger, you can cancel it by ordering Aware or At Ease. If they have been shot, they will move into "their own" danger mode, and will remain at it until the threat is removed (or rather when they decide it has been removed), and that can take a while. In this case, you can't do nothing to move them out from this state, and yeah, that's a bitch.

However that problem you describe happens not on "their" danger mode, and can be fixed by ordering Danger and then Aware again. They will lower their weapon and move normally.

OK, will try. It was just frustrating in the last mission of the campaign when you have to move very quickly and then suddenly you are off alone while rest of the team is making their stroll over countryside. Maybe I should reload a save just to see in what mode they were in. If I have time, but bet is I will not.

Re: Arma 3 Campaign - Outlawz7 - 03-20-2014

Completed the Win campaign in 3 hours, counting the save reloading.

I had to choose between two options in sixth mission, I think that's what ended the campaign early or something, because this feels way too short.

Re: Arma 3 Campaign - Misha - 03-20-2014

Quote:IIt ends without providing explanations, maybe hinting a sequel or something. But I did not check the optional task in last mission where you have to go back where you stole the truck.

Re: Arma 3 Campaign - Misha - 03-21-2014

Last mission, if you side with Miller, was awesome. Just make sure to follow sidemissions, great atmosphere, and having no saves added to the tension. However, I died by random artillery hit just as I was about to finish it.

Best spent 1,5 hours in Arma 3 so far.

Re: Arma 3 Campaign - Variable - 03-23-2014

I play with these client-side addons, so far without any issues:
@CBA_A3;@tao_foldmap_a3;@VTS_Weaponresting;@BaBe_midTex;@JSRS2.0;@Blastcore;@Tracers;@Refined_Vehicles;@tpwcas_a3;@ASR_AI3;@MagRepack;@TPW_MODS

Note that in TPW_MODS, I removed in the config most of the features, and remained with fog, haze, fall, rain drops on NVG, house lights, house music.

Re: Arma 3 Campaign - SPOILERS AHEAD! - Variable - 03-30-2014

Played both endings and I have one thing to say about this campaign: meh minus. I really don't understand what took them so long to come up with such a badly written, mediocre implemented, very short campaign.
Adapt had promise in it, which failed to deliver in Win.

(03-21-2014, 06:50 PM)Misha link Wrote:Last mission, if you side with Miller, was awesome. Just make sure to follow sidemissions, great atmosphere, and having no saves added to the tension. However, I died by random artillery hit just as I was about to finish it.

Best spent 1,5 hours in Arma 3 so far.
Where did you encounter artillery? I pursued every side mission that came up and didn't encounter any.
these were the side missions I had - Check the research dome, save the NATO team, Save the FIA team > and then I raided the close heliport and got the hell out.

Did you have anything else?

Re: Arma 3 Campaign - SPOILERS AHEAD! - Alwarren - 03-30-2014

(03-30-2014, 10:17 AM)Variable link Wrote:Played both endings and I have one thing to say about this campaign: meh minus. I really don't understand what took them so long to come up with such a badly written, mediocre implemented, very short campaign.
Adapt had promise in it, which failed to deliver in Win.

*SPOILER* select to see
Agreed. Utterly disappointed with "Fail", er, "Win". Short as a squeaky fart in an elevator full of conspiracy theorists, no resolution whatsofuckingever, cringe-worthy "CSAT invades everybody dies" ending if you pursue the James lead, and "there might be more to it wink wink" type of ending if you side with NATO. So disappointing.

Re: Arma 3 Campaign - SPOILERS AHEAD! - Misha - 03-31-2014

Here's what happend (highlight to see):

I was on the piers of Pyrgos. Found four speedboats which was enough for my entire squad. However, some random artillery shells were exploding around the area, one in 20 seconds, it seemed. I died while ordering my men to embark boats.

To rewind a bit, I did not find the chopper after I rescued FIA guys, and I replayed the mission twice so far. I think they cleary said that the chopper is in the base to the east, so I headed there only to find heliport without choppers, but populated with small number of hostiles. Instead, I got the apc there which made life easier from there on. So we searched the small port to the south and found one inflattable boat which wasn't enough for all of us. We then headed to the NATO base in Pyrgos where we did not find any choppers either. But we witnessed an epic tank battle between NATO and CSAT in the area. I circled around before deciding to rush for the piers, going full speed through city full of hostiles. Almost did it that time. Anyway, awesome mission, if it only had few more side missions... 

Re: Arma 3 Campaign - SPOILERS AHEAD! - Variable - 06-22-2014

In case anyone missed it, the campaign went a major overhaul in the latest patch. Primary additions are persistent items and vehicles between missions, and the ability to take some guys with you on patrol. Patrol missions were also added to the first, "Survive" episode.

If I had known they would add all that, I would not have played the campaign in its earlier state. I hope I can fit in another playthrough in my gaming schedule...

http://dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-campaign-updates

Re: Arma 3 Campaign - SPOILERS AHEAD! - Alwarren - 06-22-2014

Funnily enough, they implemented both my proposals for the campaign. I posted they should have a pool of people to go on patrols with you, and that they shouldn't just mess with your gear but tell you what kind of gear a mission needs Smile