Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Task Force - cant' transmit problem - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Technical Support (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Task Force - cant' transmit problem (/showthread.php?tid=2643)

Task Force - cant' transmit problem - Misha - 05-19-2014

Sometimes I lose ability to transmit in TS when using TF. I could receive still when that happens and it usualy takes some time to realise that this problem has occured. 

I noticed this problem first when I ran Arma 2 without disabling TF in TS. I could not transmit anything until  TS restart. I though it was problem due to TF being run together with Arma 2, but tonight I saw that it occurs also in Arma 3.

And it happens with both previous and current version of TF. It happens pretty randomly, somtimes weeks pass without it.

I guess my TF is configured ok otherwise it wouldn't work at all? Maybe I should plug my headphones via microphone in instead via usb port, think that would change a thing?

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

Re: Task Force - cant' transmit problem - Variable - 05-19-2014

I don't think it has anything to do with TFA. The problem is somewhere in Teamspeak, your mic or your Wibdows

Re: Task Force - cant' transmit problem - Varanon - 05-19-2014

(05-19-2014, 08:59 AM)Variable link Wrote: I don't think it has anything to do with TFA. The problem is somewhere in Teamspeak, your mic or your Wibdows

I also think it's a TeamSpeak issue.. TS is fickle, especially with plugins... maybe it would be a good idea to uninstall teamspeak, remove it's directory completely (including all plugins), and reinstall ? Then, try if that fixed the problem ?

Re: Task Force - cant' transmit problem - Misha - 05-19-2014

Do you guys use 32-bit or 64-bit TS? I guess that shouldn't matter much, but I'm using 64-bit.

Seems there are no options other than to completely reinstall, but problem is I wouldn't know for a weeks if I fixed or not because bug is not easily reproducible.

Re: Task Force - cant' transmit problem - Alwarren - 05-19-2014

(05-19-2014, 12:05 PM)Misha link Wrote: Do you guys use 32-bit or 64-bit TS? I guess that shouldn't matter much, but I'm using 64-bit.

Seems there are no options other than to completely reinstall, but problem is I wouldn't know for a weeks if I fixed or not because bug is not easily reproducible.

64 bit as well here.

I once tried with someone, and they had a mute key mapped that muted the microphone... maybe you have something similar?

Re: Task Force - cant' transmit problem - Varanon - 05-19-2014

(05-19-2014, 12:05 PM)Misha link Wrote: Do you guys use 32-bit or 64-bit TS? I guess that shouldn't matter much, but I'm using 64-bit.

I actually use 32 bit... don't ask me why, I probably downloaded the 32 bit installer by mistake...

One thing I didn't add - I could still hear myself in Capture - test when problem occurs. So mic is working and TS is receiving sound, it's just not sending it.

Re: Task Force - cant' transmit problem - Horus - 05-19-2014

Do you have webcam with mic built-in?

Yes, do you think TS somehow switched to listening to webcam? I think it didn't, because in self test my voice is loud with web cam it's much more quiet and there's a bit of hum.

Re: Task Force - cant' transmit problem - Horus - 05-19-2014

Try to disco that cam when you playing and see if that problem happen again.