Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Task Force Radio updated - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Task Force Radio updated (/showthread.php?tid=2774)

Pages: 1 2

Task Force Radio updated - Varanon - 10-15-2014

Task Force Arrowhead Radio just received a major update. Please all download the latest version 0.9.3. here

Note that this version replaces the userconfig file: It no longer needs key bindings to be defined in the userconfig, but instead can be modified by an in-game dialog. To do this, go to config/input settings, then click on the "Configure Addons" button on the lower right side. From there on, select Task Force Radio from the drop box and configure the keys.

Note that the current versions also has a slight problem with robotic speech. A hotfix might be required later.

Re: Task Force Radio updated - Valhalian - 10-16-2014

There appears to have been a hotfix since yesterday, like you wrote, because its showing 0.9.4 at the moment.

Re: Task Force Radio updated - Varanon - 10-16-2014

Yes, a hotfix for several issues was released today

Re: Task Force Radio updated - doveman - 10-16-2014

(10-16-2014, 11:07 AM)Varanon link Wrote: Yes, a hotfix for several issues was released today

Not on PwS yet though. I don't know if there'll be any problems with some of us on 0.9.3 and others on 0.9.4 but perhaps we should all stay on 0.9.3 for tonight, unless 0.9.4 appears on PwS in the next couple of hours?

Re: Task Force Radio updated - Alwarren - 10-16-2014

0.9.3 is pretty broken I'm afraid

Re: Task Force Radio updated - Variable - 10-16-2014

Last time we update after a release proves to be stable. I completely forgot we can force PwS CiA profile users to use an older version...

OK, I should be able to edit the PwS profile to download the 0.9.4 version from our server and ignore the version on the Six Network. Then next time there's an update, no-one will be automatically updated and we can take our time before deciding whether to update.

OK, updated the PwS profile so it downloads 0.9.4 from our server now.

It doesn't automatically update the TS3 plugin though (neither did PwS when I installed 0.9.3 yesterday though), so users will have to manually copy that from their A3 mods/tfar-0.9.4/teamspeak 3 client/plugins folder to C:\Program Files\Teamspeak 3 Client\plugins. You only need task_force_radio_win64.dll if you're using the 64-bit TS3 or if you've got the 32-bit version in C:\Program Files (x86)\ then you'll need the task_force_radio_win32.dll

I also had to reconfigure my keys (as I don't use the defaults) via the ingame Configure Addons (which only works once you're in a mission) and noticed there's both Alt and Additional channel settings for the SR and LR, with the Alt having no key set and the Additional being set to T and Z respectively. The old Alternate channel keys used to be T and Y, so I'm completely confused by this!

Re: Task Force Radio updated - Variable - 10-16-2014

Thanks doveman. That's 15 minutes less of hassle for us once we gather up.

Re: Task Force Radio updated - doveman - 10-18-2014

Please let me know if you want me to update the PwS profile to 0.9.5 ASAP, as I probably won't be around on Sunday.

Re: Task Force Radio updated - Variable - 10-18-2014

Server updated to 0.9.5. Please update the profile.

Thanks, will do. I was wondering if it's OK with Alwarren to include his radio sounds instead of the original ones (I'm assuming 0.9.4_custom_radio-sounds.7z on the Alpha channel is your updated set of sounds?)

Alternatively, I could have two folders "Original sounds" and "Alwarren's sounds" (each with a "radio-sounds" folder in, to be copied to the TS3/plugins folder) so that people can choose? What do people think?

Re: Task Force Radio updated - Alwarren - 10-18-2014

Don't include them yet, it has issues.

(10-18-2014, 05:55 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: Don't include them yet, it has issues.

OK, thanks for letting me know.

PwS profile updated to 0.9.5 now.