Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? (/showthread.php?tid=2837)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - alias - 12-22-2014

Nice mission Outlawz, i like the settings and premises. Would be interesting to play it again.

Re: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - oukej - 12-31-2014

(12-06-2014, 10:34 PM)Variable link Wrote: You mean from scratch? As in not prepare a scenario before the game?
I think it's better to create a mission, make its content editable by the Zeus and let the Zeus only curate the scenario and fix issues on the fly.

Although we've played the official "blank canvas" scenarios a lot (and it was fun) I'd recommend trying it with a complete scenario. Especially because you already are capable of creating full scenarios for your sessions. Why not put the Zeus on top of em.
Without some preparation, it's very difficult to create a scenario that feels immersive and not random (you can always quickly place some sector control, but I bet that's not what you are looking for). But even with 30-60m for preparation - when the created setting (from within the Zeus interface) meets the reality (aka players) it can go fubar rly quickly. The Zeus interface does allow for only a limited control over scenario flow, narrative and especially the gameplay borders.

(12-06-2014, 10:34 PM)Variable link Wrote: Do you mean players that jump in to the Zeus role, do their thing and get back to their previous slot? If so, would that require these players to disconnect back to the slots screen and slot in to a Zeus slot and vice versa?
Den already answered that. Using the remote control module in Zeus interface. Zeus Mods can spice up the game with a little bit of PvP by "jumping into the AI". But of course not only, there are many possibilities - it makes a difference when all the curators can work together or split the work.

If you want I can try to be a Zeus for a session (even with the blank scenario, if u give me prep time). I forgot one thing - it's easier to curate a scenario for an organized and cautious group than for a random group of rushers Wink

Re: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - Variable - 12-31-2014

(12-31-2014, 12:58 AM)oukej link Wrote: If you want I can try to be a Zeus for a session (even with the blank scenario, if u give me prep time). I forgot one thing - it's easier to curate a scenario for an organized and cautious group than for a random group of rushers Wink
Thanks for the explanation Oukej, appreciated!
Well, we are definitelt on the organized side, but regading caution - that's up to the selected leader Wink, so if you'd like to Zeus for us you'll be most welcome! Just tell us when you'd like to here and we will be ready, we play twice a week so whatever date works for you, will work for us. We'd love that!

Re: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - Varanon - 01-02-2015

(12-31-2014, 12:58 AM)oukej link Wrote: If you want I can try to be a Zeus for a session (even with the blank scenario, if u give me prep time). I forgot one thing - it's easier to curate a scenario for an organized and cautious group than for a random group of rushers Wink

That would be awesome!

Re: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - Bubba - 01-15-2015

I'm really interested in being the god and being able to smite you guys. Wink  Looking into youtube tutorials now and tomorrow I'll check the tutorial mission.

(12-19-2014, 07:01 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: I saw the line alwarren drew and placed a low-skilled squad with no PKMs or RPGs along the route.

Does this work? Or do the server settings override this to the set skill level?

Re: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - Outlawz7 - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 12:34 AM)Spete link Wrote:
Does this work? Or do the server settings override this to the set skill level?

There's a skill slider on unit and group properties interface when you click on them.

Re: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - Variable - 01-15-2015

Guys, whoever like to be a Zeus on coop night please install ASR AI.

Re: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - Variable - 02-09-2015

I wonder what could go wrong on Etzu's mission when Outlawz Zeused it. The AI was incredibly accurate and fast. Outlawz, are you completely positive that you were running ASR AI and TPWCAS? Can you please check?

Re: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - Outlawz7 - 02-11-2015

I am running ASR and TPWCAS, they're part of my CiA addon preset.

Re: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - Variable - 02-12-2015

Ok, so could you please set your skillAI to 0.6 and precisionAI to 0.075 to match the server setting?

Re: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - Outlawz7 - 02-12-2015

Done

Re: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - FlashPoint - 03-20-2015

I'm glad to give you guys some sorts of actions. we played zeus missions before, with my friends include persian MO as I think you know him with some of his coop missions.

Re: Who wants to become a Zeus on coop nights? - Variable - 12-02-2015

ASR AI now needs to use -filePatching in order to for its userconfig settings to be in effect. However, in MP, the settings used are always that of the server, so no need to run it on your clients if you plan on Zeusing on coop nights (the server won't let you connect with -filepatching anyway).

Quote:In multiplayer, settings from the server get applied to everyone, userconfig is ignored on clients so there is no reason to use filepatching on the clients. Even if he's Zeus and running the mod, he's still going to receive and use the settings from the server.
Added filePatching info to Q&A section in first post.

Link