Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Hello all - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Coop Nights (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Hello all (/showthread.php?tid=2883)

Hello all - Marto - 01-25-2015

Hi guys,

Hope everyone has been well... Smile

So I think I have all the required addons etc and TS... and will try to join tonight...
Is a server PW required for tonight?

Regards,
Marto

Re: Hello all - Variable - 01-25-2015

Will be great to see you again Marto! How have you been?
I'll pm you the password.

Re: Hello all - Marto - 01-25-2015

Hi Variable,

Got the pm - thanks.. I've been well - busy working and the time difference has prevented me from joining lately but tomorrow is Australia Day - so everyone has the day off...

You will all have to go easy on me as I'm new to this Arma3 thing and so far I can only move, shoot and communicate (and probably die well... Wink ).

Marto.

Re: Hello all - Valhalian - 01-25-2015

Welcome back Marto! Good to see folks coming back  Smile

(01-25-2015, 04:50 PM)Marto link Wrote: Got the pm - thanks.. I've been well - busy working and the time difference has prevented me from joining lately but tomorrow is Australia Day - so everyone has the day off...

I hope that doesn't mean that you wont be able to play with us until the next day off you have  :'(

Re: Hello all - MavericK96 - 01-26-2015

It was great meeting / playing with you yesterday Marto...welcome back!

Re: Hello all - Imperator - 01-27-2015

Unfortunately this time difference is also what prevents me from joining into CiA mission nights. :-[

Re: Hello all - Marto - 01-29-2015

Gday guys,

It was great fun joining in last Sunday, even though I was like a deer (or should I say kangaroo...) in the headlights a lot of the time...

First mission defending the fort was a great atmosphere, even though at the start I was too confused with the gear system and picked up something like a G3 with iron sights... and only two mags... but it worked for me I took the rearguard position and stepped in to the side of main contact whenever our MG gunners needed to heal or rearm...

At one stage I was there on my own I think when everyone was rearming and I noticed two guys crawling up to the wire only about 20m away... I was hesitating thinking they may be some of our guys but then I ID'd them and engaged and eliminated them with my trusty iron sights and well aimed single shots so I wouldn't expend all my two mags 8) ....

Then another time (I think as a result of a bug in the building) I got stuck in the wall and then ended up outside the wall in the wire!!! And right when a big engagement was beginning! I was shitting myself but saw a small bush next to me right up against the hesco  so I not so courageously crawled under it and hid there until a lull in the battle... (everyone was busy shooting, communicating and treating wounded etc so I didn't want to disturb everyone with my embarrassing situation...) then I sprinted to the front gate and made my way in - I tried to let everyone know that a friendly was coming in but not sure if anyone heard... (I had visions of copping a 7.62 burst as I ran through the entrance...) but all good... I survived!

Second mission was cool - securing that base on the hill - I volunteered as Ammo Bearer - and I was content at hauling the ammo around for everyone to rearm from - I had trouble IDing the enemy uniforms so I was happy to be tail end charlie and ammo mule!

The boat mission was a different one - was interesting too engaging those choppers... at one stage almost engaging what I certainly thought was a chopper which ended up being a seagull... (see pics below). That damn box on the front of our boat was interesting too....

Last mission I cant say too much about as I was on the right flank with someone else and we got flanked and killed pretty quick and it was 6am and my eyes were tired...

Great fun anyway and I'll try to join in again sometime. Good to see a lot of new faces around and some old ones too!

The boat mission:

That damn box:
[Image: arma32015-01-2605-59-44-42.jpg]

[Image: arma32015-01-2605-59-32-47.jpg]

That damn seagull:
[Image: arma32015-01-2606-10-49-93.jpg]

[Image: arma32015-01-2606-10-52-70.jpg]

[Image: arma32015-01-2606-11-03-04.jpg]

Success:
[Image: arma32015-01-2606-14-27-56.jpg]

[Image: arma32015-01-2606-14-36-24.jpg]