Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Microphone Problems - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Technical Support (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Microphone Problems (/showthread.php?tid=2902)

Microphone Problems - Phantom - 02-13-2015

For some reason now. When I have my speakers plugged in, but my microphone plugged (only the microphone part of my headset), I cannot use the mic. If I plug in the entire headset for hearing sound too (speakers will then turn off <how it always is>), then I can use the microphone for talking and such. This isn't a problem in Arma since I plug in my headset anyways for those, but for regular tasks I tend to use just the speaker instead. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Re: Microphone Problems - doveman - 02-13-2015

Do you use onboard realtek sound? There might be an option whether to disable speakers when connecting headphones, so you could see if changing that leaves the mic working and just turn off the speakers manually when needed. It might be some feature designed to prevent feedback from the mic picking up the speakers but I've not seen that on a soundcard that I can recall.

Re: Microphone Problems - Phantom - 02-13-2015

Soundcard is integrated with my Gigabyte Mobo. I don't see an option to disable speakers. When I plug in headset sounds, its labeled as speakers but its actually headset. When I do that, I disable the speakers that are currently plugged in.

Re: Microphone Problems - Watchmen - 02-13-2015

Did you try opening the sound option menu and switch output to speakers instead of headset

Re: Microphone Problems - Phantom - 02-14-2015

The only option available was speakers. There is no option for headset. Anyways, I found that if I put the headset plug in the headset hole but not shove it in all the way, so like, its not even in the whole way, like half way of it is in, then the microphone will work and I can hear from my speakers. Now if I shove it in the whole way, I'll hear my headset, but not my speaker, which sounds like a fair compromise I guess, but that's kind of weird, because before if I didn't shove it in at all, I would still be able to use my mic and hear from my headset, whereas if I plug in the headset, I would mute the speakers, and hear the headset.

I'm wondering if my headset splitter (split it into mic and headset) acting a bit wonky or not. It is turtlebeach (in which I saw most people complained about how fast it broke, but mine actually didn't break). I did thought it'd be nice if I ask Fap first for inputs on mics to get and took his advice and grab a Siberia that time instead, but I decided to cheap a bit and bought some budget stuff that still works.

Oh I also hear this quick static as I plug the headset jack in a little. So for me to use microphone (microphone jack the whole way in, headset halfway in <to use speakers>, headset the whole way in <to use headeset>). Weird fix, but I guess I can live with, just wondering if someone knows whats up.

PS: That's what she said not intended.