Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
30 min mission pack - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 30 min mission pack (/showthread.php?tid=3026)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: 30 min mission pack - Alwarren - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 11:05 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: Considering how backs against the sea and other previous missions went, i think i will cut back on enemy forces to players ratio since my judgement seems to be unprecise

It's not only about the ratio, it's also about the EPSM (Enemy per Square Meter). In this mission, there are a lot of enemies just squeezed into a small area, and basically all of them can fire on us at once. We should lose that, otherwise there is not an ounce of realism left. Enemies need to be put into perspective, the raw numbers don'T tell the whole story.

Re: 30 min mission pack - Watchmen - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 12:02 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: It's not only about the ratio, it's also about the EPSM (Enemy per Square Meter). In this mission, there are a lot of enemies just squeezed into a small area, and basically all of them can fire on us at once. We should lose that, otherwise there is not an ounce of realism left. Enemies need to be put into perspective, the raw numbers don'T tell the whole story.
Good idea alwareen, i tried to avoid exactly what you said but i misjudged the area of that small strip of land. As variable said what i *tried to do in this mission was add more heavy gunners and marksmen but it turns out that still  wasnt enough. I think a mortar of even a HMG car would have made the odds too much in blufor's favor and made the mission a breeze. Though what do you think about adding more autoriflemen before adding static weapons or a mortar unit.

If i may add, I think a good rule of thumb is that enemy units will start engaging you from 300m since that is roughly afaik where bullet damage begins to significantly drop off. Anyway, i should have learned my lesson, the factory defence mission should be more balanced.

Re: 30 min mission pack - Variable - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 01:10 PM)Watchmen link Wrote: Though what do you think about adding more autoriflemen before adding static weapons or a mortar unit.more balanced.
I don't think doing only that would change anything significantly although the increase in suppression fire.

Re: 30 min mission pack - Watchmen - 06-23-2015

Capturing Kamino CO 13

Play as the AAF when they attack Kamino Firing Range when Indep turns against Blufor during the beginning of the Survive campaign on Stratis, and Let kerry's journey begin. Includes a portable infantry operated static HMG.

Need more ideas/requests. Would like to include a mission with a UGV.

Re: 30 min mission pack - Variable - 06-23-2015

Sounds great! I love missions that correspond to the official campaign. Uploaded.

I Need some ideas variable btw is fog consistent across the server?

Im designing a quick mission where the fog is set at 100 and you drop from the sky in parachutes.

Re: 30 min mission pack - Variable - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 01:43 PM)Watchmen link Wrote: I Need some ideas variable btw is fog consistent across the server?
A quick CQB mission of house clearing, that's something I yearn for. Fight quickly through the stories to get to the rooftop to destroy a passing armor convoy using ATGMs?
Also, check the mission ideas thread, it has a lot of ideas that would make a fine 30m scenario.

(06-23-2015, 01:43 PM)Watchmen link Wrote: Im designing a quick mission where the fog is set at 100 and you drop from the sky in parachutes.
Cool! Just make sure the AI can't see through the fog or compensate by manually lowering their spotting distance, since they have problem being affected by fog. See bug here.

Cool thanks! Big Grin

Re: 30 min mission pack - Watchmen - 06-29-2015

Factory defence

-Fixed the issues with all enemy ai by removing the old method and using a new one
-Enemies will arrive in larger waves more rapidly
-Added enemy vehicles in the waves and friendly AT
-Minor fixes and adjustments

Re: 30 min mission pack - Variable - 06-29-2015

Thanks Watcmen, updated on the server.

Re: 30 min mission pack - Watchmen - 07-02-2015

CO-16 Fog of War(new mission)
Attack an outpost under the cover of heavy fog with a UGV and thermal sights for everybody. Enemy Ai spotting distance is reduced under fog conditions apparently, tested.

CO-14 Factory defence
Updated error in briefings
Tested on Cia server, mission is working fine now. Humble apologies for the mission making failure the first time.  I rushed this mission because i was eager to get it out and also did not test it.

Re: 30 min mission pack - Variable - 07-02-2015

Thanks Watchmen, uploading.

Re: 30 min mission pack - UnNamedGER - 07-19-2015

FOG OF WAR WAS NICE

Re: 30 min mission pack - MavericK96 - 07-19-2015

Fog of War - Very good mission!  Only issue was that the end did not trigger after both objectives completed (end music played but mission did not end).  Thanks for the mission!

Re: 30 min mission pack - SPhoenix - 07-19-2015

Fog of War was very good! End trigger is broken though. Oh also the first truck was locked?