Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
CiA_Fatigue - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Addons & Mods (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: CiA_Fatigue (/showthread.php?tid=3193)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: CiA_Fatigue - alias - 12-09-2015

Thank you AL! looking forward to sweat Smile

Re: CiA_Fatigue - Alwarren - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 09:11 AM)Variable link Wrote: Edit: Also, have you added a server check?

Done now. When the mission starts, the server side will check a few addons on the player's machine. Missing addons are reported like this:

Alwarren is missing addons | CiA Fatigue | RHS US Forces | RHS Russian Forces | Kimi's Helicopter HUDS | FHQ Group Info | Mk4 HUD |

It lists meaningful names, or tries to, and it doesn't check all the addons (for example, it won't check all islands and weapon addons). I will add these later. Right now, it does check for the Fatigue, RHS, Kimi's, Mk4 HUD, GroupInfo and CUP.

The message will be displayed on the screens of all players, as well as written to the server log.

Re: CiA_Fatigue - Horus - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 11:09 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: Done now. When the mission starts, the server side will check a few addons on the player's machine. Missing addons are reported like this:

Alwarren is missing addons | CiA Fatigue | RHS US Forces | RHS Russian Forces | Kimi's Helicopter HUDS | FHQ Group Info | Mk4 HUD |

It lists meaningful names, or tries to, and it doesn't check all the addons (for example, it won't check all islands and weapon addons). I will add these later. Right now, it does check for the Fatigue, RHS, Kimi's, Mk4 HUD, GroupInfo and CUP.

The message will be displayed on the screens of all players, as well as written to the server log.
This forum lacks Thanks button  Smile

Re: CiA_Fatigue - Alwarren - 12-10-2015

Naw, all easy stuff.

Speaking of "thank you" button, we all have to say "thank you" to you for maintaining that arma3sync repository Smile

And speaking of arma3sync, when are you going to join Coop nights again? Wink

Re: CiA_Fatigue - Horus - 12-12-2015

Duno... in the near future I hope.

Re: CiA_Fatigue - Keeway - 12-15-2015

Long time no see, btw. Al, do you also plan to release it to public?

Re: CiA_Fatigue - Alwarren - 12-15-2015

(12-15-2015, 06:35 PM)Keeway link Wrote: Long time no see, btw. Al, do you also plan to release it to public?

No, not yet at any rate. It's just a verbatim copy of the BIS version, maybe when/if we tweaked some of the values.

Re: CiA_Fatigue - Alwarren - 12-17-2015

Attachment on first post updated.

This is a modified version of the Fatigue mod. I've taken BIS changes and merged them into the mod. At a cursor glance, things looked better now, but obviously it needs in-game testing.

Re: CiA_Fatigue - Alwarren - 12-21-2015

Okay, I am thinking what to do with this.

I'll have to delve deeper into the thing and see what is actually going on, but at the moment I was considering starting from scratch.

The goals that RoyaltyInExile listed for their revamped system are all very good (too bad they spectacularly failed at all of them), so I was thinking to simplify this down to the bare minimum. After all, it doesn't really matter whether going prone and getting up again will drain stamina or not, or whether you lose more stamina on a hillslope or not. What counts is that Stamina influences your movement, and makes you consider your loadout.

To that extend I would just simply have stamina distilled down to
  1. Movement drains stamina, according to speed and load. Walking drains minimal to no stamina, combat pace drains more, jogging drains more, sprinting drains rapidly.
  2. Loadout does not influence your initial stamina, just how much you drain.
  3. Slopes should drain faster if it is possible to script this reliable
  4. swimming should drain pretty heavily
  5. Injuries will increase the drain
  6. First Aid will neither increase nor decrease your stamina. Right now, it pushes it up to 0.8
Also, I would like the stamina bar to be just a plain old bar that goes from full to empty when stamina drains.
I'll have to see just how flexible the system is.
Feedback welcome

Re: CiA_Fatigue - Varanon - 12-21-2015

Sounds good, aye

Re: CiA_Fatigue - McGregor - 12-21-2015

Sounds good to me. But if possible, swimming with dive gear (fins and all) should drain very little stamina since it is really quite effortless IRL. Swimming with regular combat gear should obviously be quite exhausting.

Also I would like to see the animation slowdown to be a bit less at maximum fatigue level

Re: CiA_Fatigue - Varanon - 12-21-2015

Right, swimming with scuba gear should be like normal running.

Also, is it possible to reduce the sway, or is that engine specific ?

Re: CiA_Fatigue - Variable - 12-21-2015

(12-21-2015, 02:14 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: Also, I would like the stamina bar to be just a plain old bar that goes from full to empty when stamina drains.
I'll have to see just how flexible the system is.
Since we are accustomed to shacktac's fatigue bar I'd welcome a bar that fills as fatigue increase, and not the other way around. First, we are used to it, and second, it's more conservative in terms of screen real estate (you spend more time not fatigued so most of the time nothing intrusive is displayed).

I'd also like to see a dramatic decrease of sway. For me sway is something that was put in to make aim harder when tired but not in a natural way. It's pissing me off fighting with the damn sights all the time, it takes away from the enjoyment of the game, and no, it's not realistic at all.

Re: CiA_Fatigue - Alwarren - 12-21-2015

Agreed to all of the above, I need to find out how the sway works. I think it can be modded.

Re: CiA_Fatigue - Alwarren - 05-20-2016

THREAD NECROMANCY!

I've decided it was time to try my luck again with the Fatigue. The first post contains a new version of the fatigue mod. I don't propose we should try it on Sunday, but maybe next Thursday.

There are a number of changes:
  1. I based this on a new version of the BIS official mod, hopefully it will have the issues fixed. In testing it seemed to work alright.
  2. Stamina takes now 60 seconds to restore fully (instead of 90)
  3. Weapon sway reduced by 20%.
  4. Slowdown tweaked. Now, 100% down to 80% of stamina do not influence speed, the speed reduction sets in after 80% stamina are left.
  5. Replaced Stamina bar
The latter was actually pretty hard. The new stamina bar behaves largely like the ShackTac bar, i.e. it's just a simple bar, and it is green and full size when you are fresh and gets progressively shorter and redder (and less transparent) the more fatigued you are.
I hope this works. We'll have to try it in a real game.