Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Server wont start mission - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CiA Addon Requirements & Dedicated Servers (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Server wont start mission (/showthread.php?tid=3203)

Pages: 1 2

Server wont start mission - treendy - 12-17-2015

Hello,
Im renting a server from GameServers... so its all setup etc... I can find the server in the list of online servers in arma and can join, then when login in as admin (i.e. #login xxx)  I can select a mission to play and it works

However, I have published a pbo file of my own mission, but when I select my mission, the screen flickers like its about to load, but comes right back to the mission selction screen.

Any ideas? (also none of the first images are showing... even in the missions that i can load)

I have attached my pbo files incase that helps... wish I can see a log saying why it failed to load! 

Any help would be great : (

Re: Server wont start mission - Variable - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 12:03 AM)treendy link Wrote: However, I have published a pbo file of my own mission, but when I select my mission, the screen flickers like its about to load, but comes right back to the mission selction screen.
That is probably an addon required for the mission that is missing on the server. Do you have AiA TP installed on your server?

(12-17-2015, 12:03 AM)treendy link Wrote: Any ideas? (also none of the first images are showing... even in the missions that i can load)
That's a bug they probably not going to fix.

Re: Server wont start mission - treendy - 12-17-2015

Thanks... now you mention it... I did have 3 files fail to upload when uploaded them... I have now delited AiA TP and going to leave it uploading overnight.

spent so much time trying to get this server working lol... and its already setup for me... just as well I havnet tried to build my own!

Fingers crossed it will work tomorrow... thanks again : )

Re: Server wont start mission - treendy - 12-18-2015

This is still driving me crazy... so much time trying to get this to work  :-[

I have compared the two @allinarmaterrainpack folders (local and on server) they are identical in size and number of files (54,725 bytes)

... Do you know if there are log files created when the mission doesnt start?  Im totally stuck and have run out of options now : (

I managed to get someone elses mission to run that was using Chernarus map... could it be my .pbo file? Just wished the server would give me some kind of clue.... anything.... aghhhh

Re: Server wont start mission - treendy - 12-18-2015

wait a sec.... digging and digging... found a log file... after reading through loads of the log files that have a change today... spotted this message:
File description.ext, line 2: '.OnLoadName': Missing ';' at the end of line#

FINALLY!!!! lol  ok lets see what happens when I sort this.... I must have uploaded the wrong pbo or something because my version works

Re: Server wont start mission - Horus - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 10:51 PM)treendy link Wrote: This is still driving me crazy... so much time trying to get this to work  :-[

I have compared the two @allinarmaterrainpack folders (local and on server) they are identical in size and number of files (54,725 bytes)......
For server you need AllInArmaTerrainPackLite version  Wink

Re: Server wont start mission - treendy - 12-19-2015

Thank you... I will try that...

How did you know this? did I miss this written somewhere...  Getting very close to stomping on my monitor... but I have a feeling that probably wouldnt help

Will try the lite version now

Re: Server wont start mission - Horus - 12-19-2015

I do not think this will solve your problem but you will have better server performance.

Re: Server wont start mission - Variable - 12-19-2015

(12-18-2015, 11:57 PM)Horus link Wrote: For server you need AllInArmaTerrainPackLite version  Wink
I think it's ok have the full server on the server, although not necessary. You'll get better performance using the lite version.

Treeny, you must have packed the mission with other addon that are not on the server. According to your description it must be that.
The Missing ';' at the end of line# message is harmless, we have lots of those.

: (  Im hopeing it will sort my issue...

Looking at the log file "arma3server_2015-12-18_21-01-38.rpt  I have seen the following lines

21:12:23 Missing addons detected:
21:12:23  aia_zargabad_config
21:12:23 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.aia_zargabad_config

I dont know why this are missing... i can play the mission locally, the server has the exact same all in arma terrain folder...

Maybe this lite version will have the required file???

: (

Re: Server wont start mission - Variable - 12-19-2015

Won't hurt to try. But this message is definitely the problem.

Any idea where it could be missing from? would it be my PC trying to connect or the server... I cant see aia_zargabad_config file in my local aia folder... but the mission works for me when I run it..

Re: Server wont start mission - Alwarren - 12-19-2015

(12-19-2015, 12:18 AM)treendy link Wrote: Any idea where it could be missing from? would it be my PC trying to connect or the server... I cant see aia_zargabad_config file in my local aia folder... but the mission works for me when I run it..

The pbo file name is not the same as the addon name, as a rule. you can have a "mygreatpbo.pbo" file which contains an addon named "Fred". Unfortunately, the game will tell you that Fred is missing, and let you guess the pbo.

What server are you running it on? Check the server's rpt file

Re: Server wont start mission - Horus - 12-19-2015

Do you have all 3 AiATP files? AllInArmaTerrainPack_2015-01-01 + AllInArmaTerrainPack_2015-01-01_Patch + AllInArmaTerrainPack_2015-01-01_Hotfix_1?

My server is from Gameservers.com... not sure where the rpt file is... will hunt it down now

Horus... are they all three seperate mods?  so would have the @ sign before them?

The only one I have is @allinarmaterrainpack  nothing else.

Would these contain my missing file???