Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
CO09 Air Supply - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: CO09 Air Supply (/showthread.php?tid=3214)

Pages: 1 2

CO09 Air Supply - Etzu - 12-23-2015

Summary:

Friendly Marid crews have been stranded at Syrta after a battle against NATO forces. A transport helicopter has been dispatched to provide ammo and fuel, along with an engineering crew to repair any damages. In addition, two jets have been scrambled in order to clear the way for transport and ground crews to make it back to CSAT territory.

Terrain: Altis
Mods: Vanilla
Filename: co09_air_supply.pbo

NOTE: Mission hasn't been provided to public as I wanted to test it with us first.

Re: CO09 Air Supply - Variable - 12-23-2015

Sounds great Etzu, looking forward to play it.

Re: CO09 Air Supply - Etzu - 12-26-2015

Updated:

- Moved Engineer crew into Taru to ensure non-DLC can enter.
- Reduced number of enemy air units
- Corrected typos
- Callsigns are now 'farsi' related

Re: CO09 Air Supply - Alwarren - 01-04-2016

Great mission. Is there a workshop link?

Re: CO09 Air Supply - IceCreamSoldier - 01-04-2016

Really nice mission.  Requires proper coordination between the different assets.  Comms are a must.

Re: CO09 Air Supply - Manuel - 01-04-2016

Great mission, love the premisse.

My only critique is that the apc crew has to wait for a long time because the chopper needs to make two runs.

Other then that I really enjoyed it Smile

Re: CO09 Air Supply - Den - 01-04-2016

Nice mission but in my opinion there needs to be much more resistance at the checkpoint (since supposedly it's the line between the forces) so I think maybe add some more vehicles there (maybe not AT soldiers). Currently 1 armed Typhoon with 4 AG can clear out both checkpoints of vehicles (2 at each). Maybe on way to checkpoint there could be more infantry too or something for APCs to do.

Re: CO09 Air Supply - Phantom - 01-04-2016

Good mission although I feel that hauling 2 pods makes the mission longer than it may needs to be. Another idea I have in mind for a out of supply mission would be a broken down APC, limited ammo left to shoot. Has enough fuel, but needs repair since wheels are out and hauling just extra ammo as enemy try to overrun the position.

Re: CO09 Air Supply - Stagwine - 01-04-2016

This was a good mission. I liked the basic setup! We had a good run with great co-operation. Long mission, but a good one. We had some delays with helicopter hauls, but it wasn't anyones or missions fault.

Some thoughts:

- Make only one helicopter supply haul. Either fuel or ammo. It is enough. 
- If you want to play with fuel: have Marids real low on fuel, so they have to refuel at Syrta fuel station...or...put a (civilian) fuel truck there and crews have to go get it. Naturally fuel truck can be lightly guarded (this would add some infantry action for crews while waiting vehicle ammo).
- Air crews did thorough job engaging targets at checkpoints..perhaps just a bit higher enemy count, and some enemies for the drive home?

That's details however, really liked it as it was! Thanks for release Etzu!

Re: CO09 Air Supply - Etzu - 01-05-2016

Thanks for the input guys -- the main reason for not putting it on the workshop is I wanted CiA to have a play through. It was my first attempt at a logistics style mission w/air, so I wasn't sure if it only worked in theory. Judging by the comments, I will look to:
  • Reduce transport loads to 1
  • Consider moving re-fueling operation to Syrta with some resistance for ground crew
  • Add more enemies in air
  • Add more enemies to checkpoint(s)
  • Add some enemies to along ground route
Cheers!
Etzu

Re: CO09 Air Supply - Etzu - 01-12-2016

Updated as per above comments. I'd suggest giving the mission another go -- might not be so easy this time Smile

Re: CO09 Air Supply - Stagwine - 06-13-2016

Just replayed this! This mission has a great idea, but the Marids could use just a bit more fuel. Now we ran out of fuel while attempting to rearm the things : )

It is also a bit on the longer side, and if air support/etc goes down in start, it is a long wait by the lobby. I know fixed wing airbases are tough to find but what if the transport / engineer team starts a bit closer? That said, loved it and we almost made it.

Re: CO09 Air Supply - Etzu - 06-18-2016

Mission Updated:
  • Added Zeus
  • Added Civilian Fuel Truck

Re: CO09 Air Supply - Variable - 06-24-2016

We had a great run at Air Supply. CAS was awesome from the ground perspective. What failed us was a strafing run by the A10 that killed one of the Marids. Maybe one dead Marid shouldn't fail the mission?

Re: CO09 Air Supply - Alwarren - 06-24-2016

I almost managed to take down the A-10 with my measly transport chopper, but hitting the thing is fucking hard.