Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Adding miscellaneous item to players inventory - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Making (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Adding miscellaneous item to players inventory (/showthread.php?tid=3280)

Adding miscellaneous item to players inventory - treendy - 02-02-2016

Im trying to ideally find a way to add a miscellaneous item to the players inventory... could be a can of beans, or any other item... in my instance it will be some kind of data key (I will need to find a suitable item to use... not from a mod)

The mission involves retrieving a data key (or just a key), when found, player should be able to pick it up and add it to inventory then when reaches location of lock, will be able to use the item

I'm sure I can work out how to use the item, I just cant figure out how to add items to inventory.

I have seen suggestions to modify class CfgWeapons... but cant find where this class is or how to modify it

Any help would be great, thanks

Re: Adding miscellaneous item to players inventory - Varanon - 02-02-2016

Modifying CfgWeapons basically means creating an addon. This can not be done in a mission, it MUST have an addon.

If you do have an addon, modifying CfgWeapons basically means adding CfgWeapon classes to your addon.

Before I go on, though, I guess you don't want an addon just for your mission, right ?

Re: Adding miscellaneous item to players inventory - treendy - 02-02-2016

I want the mission to require no mods, so guessing I wouldnt want to create an addon, so any other way would be better.

I could use AddAction I suppose unless you know of another way

(but would be interested in learning about creating an addon... but that will be something to look up another day)

Re: Adding miscellaneous item to players inventory - treendy - 02-03-2016

What i am after is if one player picks up the key, he is the only person to have access, if he is killed, other players can take key, or if alive, he can hand the key to someone. 

I could probably work out a way to do this by using AddAction, but would be great if its possible to just have a key item in the players inventory.

Re: Adding miscellaneous item to players inventory - Varanon - 02-03-2016

Well, there's no way to create inventory items, unless you use an addon.

So addAction might be your only option

Re: Adding miscellaneous item to players inventory - treendy - 02-03-2016

Do any of the Mods used by CiA have an addon that have this feature (for a future mission)?... or would my choice only be to create a new addon and ask users to download it to be able to play my mission.

For this mission I will stick with addAction then

Thanks  Smile

Re: Adding miscellaneous item to players inventory - Varanon - 02-03-2016

CUP Weapons has added the Items that were in Arma 2, like, there was this evidence you could find, file folders, maps, dogtags, etc... no keys, though

They are already in the current CUP

Re: Adding miscellaneous item to players inventory - Alwarren - 02-03-2016

(02-03-2016, 03:29 PM)Varanon link Wrote:CUP Weapons has added the Items that were in Arma 2, like, there was this evidence you could find, file folders, maps, dogtags, etc... no keys, though

They are already in the current CUP

Might think about adding some other miscellaneous items, like a keyring, keyvard, ID, things like that... have to think about it.

Re: Adding miscellaneous item to players inventory - Variable - 02-03-2016

Vanha had a CWR2 mission that had you stealing keys from dead pilots to Cobra helicopters. Not sure if that item was transferred to the unit who took it and onwards to other units.

Re: Adding miscellaneous item to players inventory - Phantom - 02-03-2016

I remember Who Dares Flies uses addaction to take keys.

Re: Adding miscellaneous item to players inventory - Variable - 02-03-2016

Yeah, that was the one.