Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Alpenglow (@COOP 14) - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Alpenglow (@COOP 14) (/showthread.php?tid=3360)

Alpenglow (@COOP 14) - Den - 05-08-2016

[Image: ojVf8p6.jpg]

"UKSF Teams must intercept a vehicle column and eavesdrop on a meeting."

"UKSF Team Mink 1 and Mink 2 have been deployed to intercept an unknown vehicle column. Meanwhile SAS Sniper Team Otter and UKSF Team Weasel have been tasked with spying on a secret meeting. Command assumes the vehicle column and meeting have a connection.

Features:
- CUP UKSF
- Dedicated server tested
- Group Respawn
- Psycho's Revive
- Island: Sahrani
- FHQ Task Tracker

Requires:
- Community Based Addons - ARMAHOLIC[www.armaholic.com] | STEAM
- CUP Units - CUP[cup-arma3.org] | STEAM
- CUP Weapons - CUP[cup-arma3.org] | STEAM
- CUP Vehicles - CUP[cup-arma3.org] | STEAM
- CUP Terrains - CUP[cup-arma3.org] | STEAM"

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=680828419
PBO Attached.

It may or may not work depending if AI can follow the marked waypoints. There are 'large sized' triggers that the AI has to drive through to progess to new tasks.. I tried my best to make them drive. Hopefully they will be ok.

I also hope everyone gets the appropriate briefing/tasks. New to FHQ TT 4.0.

Feel free to report any bugs/issues to me and I'll try to fix them.

Re: Alpenglow (@COOP 14) - Variable - 05-08-2016

Uploaded! Thanks.

Re: Alpenglow (@COOP 14) - Den - 05-08-2016

(05-08-2016, 04:29 PM)Variable link Wrote: Uploaded! Thanks.

You're welcome. Thanks for upload, hope you like it.  Has a 'small convoy' just for you  Wink .

Re: Alpenglow (@COOP 14) - Outlawz7 - 05-15-2016

Nice mission but some technical feedback

-none of the tasks ticked
-mission was bit hard to follow with two different objectives (ambush and gather intel, how are they connected?)
-the sudden attack got us confused, we had to re-read chat messages to figure out we had to stay and defeat the attack

Re: Alpenglow (@COOP 14) - Variable - 05-15-2016

Nice mission Den. Weasel lead - I received messages from command up to the one telling us to stay put until the meeting is over. One of my team members received it all. Also, none of the tasks ticked for any of the players. Marksman had only an iron sight (might be CUP related).

Re: Alpenglow (@COOP 14) - Valhalian - 05-15-2016

Pretty good mission Den. Enjoyed it quite a bit, but unfortunately the tasks didnt tick. Also for some reason it seemed that only one (the MG slot) person on team Weasel was able to see the radio message about Mink 1 and 2 extracting Weasel (and Weasel having to reach point Juliet).

Re: Alpenglow (@COOP 14) - Den - 05-15-2016

(05-15-2016, 09:21 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: Nice mission but some technical feedback

-none of the tasks ticked
-mission was bit hard to follow with two different objectives (ambush and gather intel, how are they connected?)
-the sudden attack got us confused, we had to re-read chat messages to figure out we had to stay and defeat the attack

If the convoy doesn't get stopped, the convoy vehicles

General story line
(05-15-2016, 09:22 PM)Variable link Wrote: Nice mission Den. Weasel lead - I received messages from command up to the one telling us to stay put until the meeting is over. One of my team members received it all. Also, none of the tasks ticked for any of the players. Marksman had only an iron sight (might be CUP related).

(05-15-2016, 09:26 PM)Valhalian link Wrote: Pretty good mission Den. Enjoyed it quite a bit, but unfortunately the tasks didnt tick. Also for some reason it seemed that only one (the MG slot) person on team Weasel was able to see the radio message about Mink 1 and 2 extracting Weasel (and Weasel having to reach point Juliet).

I understand, apologies about the issues. If the messages were not sent out properly it makes mission more confusing because second objective is a 'surprise' and was supposed to flow something like
Since tasks ticking and messages display are scripts being executed, I must've made a mistake when executing scripts (they did display on my local dedicated server). I will re-write the scripts and how they are executed. Maybe another execute method should be used.

I will also re-write the chats so they make more sense.

Both snipers should've had a scope (Both snipers should have same scope). Could've been related to their client.

Fixes will come after my exam period.

Apologies again for the issues  :-[ .

Re: Alpenglow (@COOP 14) - Alwarren - 05-16-2016

I liked the mission, it was really fun even though I didn't get to shoot a lot but that's fine, I really like taking a recon role.

I really would urge to use the -showScriptErrors command line option when making missions; I saw a couple of error messages were you (I suspect) used "sleep" for timing of sideChats but these were done from a non-scheduled context (i.e. a trigger) so they wouldn't work.

Re: Alpenglow (@COOP 14) - Den - 05-16-2016

(05-16-2016, 01:10 AM)Alwarren link Wrote: I liked the mission, it was really fun even though I didn't get to shoot a lot but that's fine, I really like taking a recon role.

I really would urge to use the -showScriptErrors command line option when making missions; I saw a couple of error messages were you (I suspect) used "sleep" for timing of sideChats but these were done from a non-scheduled context (i.e. a trigger) so they wouldn't work.

Of course, will do, thanks for tips.

Re: Alpenglow (@COOP 14) - Den - 05-31-2016

V1.1

Fixed:
-New method for script execution.
-Rewritten Briefing for each team.
-Rewritten Situation for each team.
-Rewritten Mission for each team.
-Rewritten Tasks for each team.
-Rewritten side chat messages to make more sense.
-Side chat message timing.

Added:
-Sniper/Spotter scopes should now be identical.

Uploaded PBO to OP and Updated Workshop version too.

Re: Alpenglow (@COOP 14) - Variable - 06-01-2016

Uploaded! Thanks.