Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mission Releases (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah (/showthread.php?tid=3534)

Pages: 1 2

co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Evans - 12-19-2016

Hasty extraction from Fallujah

I have no idea if this one is easy as hell or too hard so I would like someone to curate if/when we play it.

Pros:
CQB
Ironsights
Flares
And I got alot of help making this

Cons:
You're on foot with a hefty distance to cover
Lots of AI wanting to shoot you
And this is my first try at mission making so it might be a pile of shit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - McGregor - 12-19-2016

Not looking forward to it.

RE: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Evans - 12-19-2016

I really can't say I understand why i'm friends with you

RE: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Alwarren - 12-19-2016

Well you certainly talk like you're more than that, you talk like you're married Big Grin

Looking forward to trying this!

RE: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Variable - 12-19-2016

Evans, you had me at
Ironsights
Flares

RE: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Stagwine - 12-19-2016

Awesome Evans. Server+mission list updated.

RE: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Evans - 12-19-2016

Ofcourse, listening to the song is mandatory

RE: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Alwarren - 12-23-2016

Great mission, Evans. Only one thing - the iron sights are artificial, USMC does not use iron sights, at all. It's either ACOG (most of the time) or CCO.

What I would do if you want Iron Sights is to dress us up as Tier 1 US Army SF, i.e. in Khet Partug and with either old M-16's or AK's. Iron sights are a given, but it doesn't look forced.

Just my two cents, other than that, I really enjoyed the mission up to the point where some dude shot me in the face Big Grin

EDIT: Also, Zeus isn't set up correctly, I had to manually intervene after my demise to get control

RE: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Varanon - 12-23-2016

Indeed, great mission. I love "escape" type missions, and Fallujah is such a bit playing field. I like the beginning dawn, that's a nice touch. Perfectly timed.

I was shot when we found that bunker, I even heard that wanker say "Man down" -_-

Apart from that, yeah, red dot sights would be nice (because quite frankly, I love the red dot, I take it over the EOTECHs).

Great mission with great atmosphere.

RE: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Variable - 12-23-2016

Great mission! I, for once, loved the iron-sights. It feels like I didn't use iron sights on M4/16 since OFP, and it's a refreshing experience. It's also works great in the close quarters this mission calls for.
BIS fixed the wrong language for opfor units on dev branch but in the meantime there's a workaround. Sputnik can you please advise?

RE: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Stagwine - 12-23-2016

Very good mission Evans! It was well balanced and very moody escape experience. In the end only four of us crossed Euphrates swimming under the bridge! 

If you prefer to go with ironsight route, I would pick carryhandle versions of the carbines. It is same iron sight experience but would feel more natural. However that's details, and mission was great as it was. Looking forward for next mission from you!

RE: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Alwarren - 12-23-2016

(12-23-2016, 01:04 AM)Variable Wrote: Great mission! I, for once, loved the iron-sights. It feels like I didn't use iron sights on M4/16 since OFP, and it's a refreshing experience. It's also works great in the close quarters this mission calls for.

As Stag said, the carry handle would be better than the BUIS. Personally, I still think the AK's would be most suited but of course dressing the players up as OPFOR will make the mission harder and require more cohesion.

Quote:BIS fixed the wrong language for opfor units on dev branch but in the meantime there's a workaround. 

It's fixed in our internal build of CUP already, it's a wrong/missing dependency Smile

co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Variable - 12-23-2016

Yeah I agree that the carry handle type would do better.

RE: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Evans - 12-23-2016

Thanks for the kind words guys. To be honest i just took an american unit with dessert camp and removed optics, gps and radios. Not much more thought to it than that

RE: co@08_freedom_run.fallujah - Manuel - 01-15-2017

Hey Evans, just want to let you know that if the single Officer Slot in the mission seems to be no Zeus (in case that was supposed to be the case)