Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Lenin's Trinity missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Note that all of these missions have been made many years ago, ie in 2003-2004, so they are not quite top-of-the-line productions. I am however working hard on bringing more excitement to them by using methods I've learned over the years.

Converted and released missions:

Snapcount (1-3 C)
Description: Get to the perfect position to take out the visiting Russian General.

Trespassing (1-5 C)
Description: Create havoc on the Statton island.

Laser Rangers (1-7 C)
Description: Seize the hostile valley with Laser Guided weaponry.

The Farm (1-7 C)
Description: Salvage the stolen property.

Laser Rangers SE (1-11 C)
Description: Extended Laser Rangers with more objectives.

---

Stanch Rangers 1 (1-10 C) version 2.21: Jan 2009
Description: Only the airfield remains in friendly control. Defend it at all costs so we can start striking back.

Stanch Rangers 2 (1-15 C) 21.12.2008
Description: With the help of newly acquired high-tech weaponry your mission is to encapture the town of Rivlin.

Stanch Rangers 3 (1-10 C) 11.1.2009
Description: Bang your way through the darkness and destroy the enemy gunships.

Stanch Rangers 4 (1-12 C)
Stanch Rangers 5 (1-15 C)

general notes:
-all missions originally made for multiplayer, I have not made any single player missions
-missions were made utilizing the SES-addons, which is why there might be some crazy substitutes (e.g. Russians using littlebird)

Now discuss ! Wink
Sounds great! I believe we got all the released one already on the server. Looking forward to add lenin's Stanch rangers 1-5.

Did you ever use USMC units lenin? It will be great refreshment to play with them..
(10-29-2008, 05:01 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Did you ever use USMC units lenin? It will be great refreshment to play with them..

Hell no.. Bravo6 made a lot of USMC missions for SES. I learned to hate them due to the horrible rifles with no recoil

But I can convert The Farm to using USMC units, if I'm allowed to give them RK95's Tongue
Stanch rangers 1 done... First post updated with temporary download location.
Fun mission Lenin, as usual. Lot's of stuff to use and u didn't forget to put in a few secrets in your mission Wink
BTW: Nice games tonight, and my Tag works Smile
Played Stanch Rangers again, then it worked. Looks like the crashes is addon-related. Neither Shoot Me or Urban was on the server so could both of you clean up your addons? Can be a lot so the easiest way to avoid addon conflict it is to play with a vanilla ofp + FDF 1.4 + addons downloaded from http://www.ciahome.net/node/265 That way we all got the same version of the addons.
I am not blaming anyone for foul play, only "bad" addons Wink
If someone's feeling extremely bored, you could make a list of addon files for a file check, such as:

checkfiles[] = {
  "JAM_Magazines\config.cpp",
  "trinity\trinity.wrp"
};

It's not enough to check for @bas\addons\someaddon.pbo because people could have stuff in any directories and mod folders will override pbo files of the same name.

The crashes were almost certainly caused by someone having wrong addons.
SR1 - hopefully last - version 2.200 out!

I added 1 mine more and a Javelin Launcher for your pleasure.

Time to complete it so I can release the rest... :Smile
sorry, wrong thread
I may have pinpointed the cause of server crashes in Stanch Rangers 1. It's a very minor thing but it was really the only thing that would explain those crashes which to my knowledge happened at the same stage of the mission. It would also explain why it didn't crash every time because the "minor thing" was random.
What was it? It might be useful for other mission designers to know about things which could cuase server chrashes.
A lone enemy saboteur at 50% presence was at the area with a wide "West, Detected by East" trigger which released a Cycle waypoint of a group link squad.
Missions uploaded:

co@_12_cia_stanch rangers_4.trinity.pbo
co@_15_cia_stanch rangers_5.trinity.pbo
Was just killed in Stanch rangers 5. Great mission so far. Played as the marine recon and all of those patrols really give the feeling of being behind enemy lines.

One thing- I killed that BMP in Richmond with a RPG when I felt we are about to get killed anyway. However, the town seemed careless and the T80 crews didn't try to get to their tanks.
(11-04-2008, 01:22 AM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]Fun mission Lenin, as usual. Smile
Pages: 1 2