Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: OFP: WGL Anti armour weapon sights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Aiming points: Here is the LAW, Carl Gustav, M136, RPG-7Victor, RPG-22/26/27, Javelin, RPG-7, Dragon, RPO-A, might be handy:

By Osku and Marto.

[Image: M72.jpg]

[Image: M84.jpg]

[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-04-0107-11.jpg]

[Image: FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE2009-04-0501-37.jpg]

[Image: rpg222627_800_640.jpg]

WGL Javelin launcher:

Javelin has three fire modes:
A. Top-down hit
B. Direct hit
C. Guided unlocked

A. Top-down fire-mode
1. Select "Weapon Javelin (Top down)" from the action-menu

2. Switch to sights view. Zoom in, and right-click ONCE to lock your target. (you won't see any marker)

[Image: javsight1.jpg]

3. Elevate your weapon by exiting sights view, and placing your target inside the reticule (as shown in the screenshot below) This is important, because if you don't do this, the missile will hit ground and have nasty effect on you and your teammates...

[Image: javsight2.jpg]

4. Launch.
The missile will first go towards the sky, and then come back down and hit the designated target at its top.
If it flies towards the outer space, you didn't lock it correctly. Wink

---

B. Direct Hit fire-mode
1. Select "Weapon Javelin (Direct hit)" from the action-menu

2. Lock the target exactly same way than in "Top down"-mode.

(no second sighting/elevating weapon required here)

3. Launch.

In direct-hit mode, the missile will fly directly to target.

C. Guided unlocked fire-mode
Sometimes you may not be able to get a lock, or some vehicles (eg later model T-80s and T-90) have countermeasures, which enable you to lock but the missile will not hit the vehicle.

In these cases you can use Guided unlocked fire mode. Point of aim is the bottom of the top crosshair. Ensure the missile is in direct hit mode not top down and DO NOT lock the missile. Fire the missile and guide it onto the target. The missile will fly to wherever you shift the point of aim (within parameters) similar to the Dragon system below.

[Image: wgl_rpg7.jpg]

*Note Dragon is wire guided; you guide the missile onto the target, shift your point of aim and the missile will fly there (within parameters).
[Image: wgl_dragon.jpg]

[Image: wgl_rpo.jpg]
Thanks Marto, this WILL be handy
Am I missing something or is this just a general guide for WGL AT weapons. Its just there seems to be quite a bit of talk about WGL on the forums lately, and Ive been away from my comp for the best part of 2 months.
Hi again Mjolnir
(03-30-2009, 08:54 PM)Mjolnir link Wrote: [ -> ]Its just there seems to be quite a bit of talk about WGL on the forums lately
It's a bit of WGL play too, not organized yet so the best chance to join a WGL game is to pay attention to HP's Server stats or ofpw Wink
Not to forget the nice, new shoutbox. So... when will the next WGL session be?  8)

Make

Thanks Marto, i didnt know what those marks were before this. I  got used to it after 7years training.
(03-30-2009, 10:20 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]Not to forget the nice, new shoutbox. So... when will the next WGL session be?  8)
Some mortar training tomorrow?

Make

Hey, dont forget me! I want also mortar diploma  8)
(03-30-2009, 11:45 PM)Make link Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, dont forget me! I want also mortar diploma  8)
hrrmmmm.... we don't use diploma in CiA,
and this was mostly intended for CiA members so we can get a headstart on the others Tongue

Big Grin Just joking, sure u are welcome to play whenever you want Make Big Grin
Tuesday evening would be okay for me. Around 8 p.m CET?

It would be good if someone joined who has a clue of trigonometry and all this MILS stuff because I still did not work out how to effectively adjust fire with the mortars (range is okay but azimuth is a big question mark). The O-T (Observer-Target line) information is also a big questionmark for me...
Well Zwobot sorry to say(as WGL was really fun) a will porbebly not be abel to join this one fore any longer time after 2000 but if you want to do some more experiments earlyer say 1700-2000 am redy to assist you, a might not now any thing about WGL or the mortars but i can atleast carry the mortar shells and reload it fore you ;D(and hoppfully learn what you know).
It whold be nice if we got this one working(maybe every tuesday) and get to know the weapons and howe they work.

Cheers Grip
Zwobot I'll try to be there if I can work out this damn time difference now... we just went an hour back and you guys went an hour fwd I think.

I'm keen to get the mortar going - I've been practicing and think I got it all worked out.... :-X

Martin.
Grip, I have something to do this afternoon but I think I can make it home until 19.00 CET so I can explain you what I know about the mortars.

Marto, have a look at this page. It will tell you your local time together with the current time in Germany.
I find it hard to use the mortar system alone for some reason, better try with target closer?

@Marto: Your new [blue][b]Homepage
(03-31-2009, 11:47 AM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]at this page. It will tell you your local time together with the current time in Germany.
Is this your current time now Zwobot? I thought we was on the same zone but according to this I'm 2 hours behind Smile
Pages: 1 2