Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: WGL or FDF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(05-01-2009, 02:04 PM)Make link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=MCraze link=topic=1697.msg7738#msg7738 date=1241145034]
Couldn't really understand what's so special about FDF gameplay-wise

Of course to play as a fin and kill some ruskies Tongue
[/quote]

Or play as a ruskie and kill some fins. Tongue

Make

No no no no i dont like that idea  Big Grin

USMC-DELTA

everything in WGL is awesome the only thing i hate is the gay ass AK-74 sounds
(05-02-2009, 09:23 AM)USMC-DELTA link Wrote: [ -> ]everything in WGL is awesome the only thing i hate is the gay ass AK-74 sounds

Its really not that hard to change. It takes like 10 mins.
One thing I don't like about WGL is the significant lack of light armed vehicles for RES and REDFOR sides. While BLUFOR has all kinds of HMMWV variants with machineguns, grenade- and ATGM launchers, the other two sides have a Ural ATGM carrier at most.
FDF has jeeps with mounted machineguns or AT rifles for any side. No OPFOR technicals in WGL  Sad
I'm still pretty new with OFP, so, I'm happy with both of them, particularly when compared to other games I had been playing. The atmosphere achieved in FDF missions has opened my eyes to just how great the gameplay in OFP can be, especially in those low-light winter missions. WGL's AI is brutal, and wounding effects are awesome. The Warcry mission we played about a week ago (I think it was Warcry) was awesome, even with the server going down - great teamwork. I'm happy with the way the Sunday-Wednesday-Thursday schedule has been developing.
(05-02-2009, 03:09 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I don't like about WGL is the significant lack of light armed vehicles for RES and REDFOR sides. While BLUFOR has all kinds of HMMWV variants with machineguns, grenade- and ATGM launchers, the other two sides have a Ural ATGM carrier at most.
FDF has jeeps with mounted machineguns or AT rifles for any side. No OPFOR technicals in WGL  Sad

I don't think UAZs with mounted guns exist in real life. But I believe we can just use one of BAS addons that has such vehicles for East, we already use it with FDF anyway, namely:
http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com...ddon;34046
(bas_rusopfor.pbo)

Why won't we just run WGL together with BAS addons?

Make

WGL is cool but i still like FDF more. I really miss those islands and finnish soldiers. WGL + FDF would be really cool. in WGl i mostly miss those realistic snipers, they are really lot of easier to use than in ofp/fdf secondly i miss those new movement styles. 
So AI snipers in WGL ain't no good? I have painfully experienced just the opposite Smile
(05-03-2009, 03:08 PM)Make link Wrote: [ -> ]WGL is cool but i still like FDF more. I really miss those islands and finnish soldiers. WGL + FDF would be really cool. in WGl i mostly miss those realistic snipers, they are really lot of easier to use than in ofp/fdf secondly i miss those new movement styles. 

The islands should just transfer straight over, though youd need to make missions for it. The only changes youd need to do for the soldiers is to reduce the zoom on weapons and also reduce the damage to WGL levels. If I have time, I may look into it if there is enough demand.
I believe it's only Nogojev who is "available" as standalone Island for OFP. The other FDF Islands use stuff only available in FDF (put Suursaari in \res\addons, load it in editor and spend the night reading error messages).
But I miss winter in WGL Smile
(05-03-2009, 05:16 PM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it's only Nogojev who is "available" as standalone Island for OFP. The other FDF Islands use stuff only available in FDF (put Suursaari in \res\addons, load it in editor and spend the night reading error messages).
But I miss winter in WGL Smile

I actually managed to move Autumn Maldevic to GRAA ECP quite painless. All you have to do to easily eliminate error messages is to throw in some FDF addons that an island requires - balance and gameplay settings are in config.cpp anyway and the stuff from those addons will not have any effect on the game unless specially called.
Not an elegant method but an easy and quick one.

Make

Finnish player models and weapons are still missing, i miss them so much in WGL. Time to go CiA server now.
I can quite happily make a custom model definition set with the FDF finnish models for you if you want, so that all the Res units are replace by FDF ones.

Chris Johnson

(04-29-2009, 10:02 PM)Mjolnir link Wrote: [ -> ]Which do you prefer?

I like WGL better, basically because you dont die as soon as the AI starts shooting at you. Sure, all the other stuff is nice, but thats the deal breaker.
I prefer the WGL 'cause it is more realistic and there is not spamming like on FDF,if you know what I mean:2 go to DE73,3 go to DF72....and on and on and on....And on the WGL it is muted
Pages: 1 2 3