Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: WGL or FDF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, you can change that u know, to get back sounds if u want. But I will hardly call that spamming compared to other things lately Sad
(05-23-2009, 01:36 PM)Chris Johnson link Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer the WGL 'cause it is more realistic and there is not spamming like on FDF,if you know what I mean:2 go to DE73,3 go to DF72....and on and on and on....And on the WGL it is muted

told you yesterday that you can mute sounds in fdf too, or anywhere else
Muting doesn't have the same effect. In WGL the messages don't wait in queue while the preceding orders/reports are playing, which can sometimes take a long ass time (especially when you'd need to issue the 'fire' order).
but the best solution above all: teamspeak
In WGL I can give regroup order on waypoint for whole squad in like 1-2 seconds max, in FDF it takes ages. Mixing TS and waypoints = best way of leading. And about tanks, when you got AI as gunner/driver then giving order to aim at something might take ages as it might start reporting various targets around...

For me FDF is like eye-candy mod for Flashpoint that fin players will love always as it's FINNISH Defence Forces mod. Pretty obvious, huh? WGL provides you with new game mechanics and totally diffrent, less arcade, gameplay and that's why it's superiror to FDF for me.
It's quite easy to make WGL use Finmod models. Time to time I hear people complaining that WGL got bad quality models, well you can always do your own set or grab this one:
http://ofpc.de/wargames/e107_plugins/for...ic.php?742
if you got any problems, ask me.

@Offtopic: If I use some additional addon files that containes fe: East Air units (Su-25, MIG, Mi-17, Mi-24) and I use only Su-25 replacment from it does the unused models might slow down my game? I mean, do game opens *.pbo file and loads only that one model or it loads whole *.pbo file and then it picks model from it? Need to know if I should cut size of some files.
I can mute commands in FDF so they will work just like in WGL, add leaning and rolling animations and make AI see and hear better (it's really blind pass 200 meters whereas we can see it from 500 which is unfair) - like in WGL (it's a well-known fix actually).
If you won't mind forcing people to download a really small addon - just ask. In fact I already made a working, tested in multiplayer, config for FDF 1.4 - the only thing it needs is an AI view distance modification which can be done real quick.
i would like a finn-games-league mod Wink
Pages: 1 2 3