Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Alt+Tab crashes solution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Players who have problems alt + tab should read this.

You need to change your resolution different in game than in deskopt, example 1920 x 1200 in deskopt and 1600 x 1200 in ofp.

Just to clarify, I was given the opposite of the above advice tonight (I can't remember who gave it to me - thanks to you, whoever you are, all the same); I gave it a try, and it seems to work, so far.

My situation: I had 1280x1024 on my Desktop and 1600x1200 in OFP. I made my desktop match OFP (in both resolution and Hertz) - it appears to have fixed my crashing problem. If I run into the problem, again, I'll update this post.

I hope this can help someone else.
The problem with running DT and OFP at same resolution and refresh rate is that annoying double mouse cursor. I run DT 2 Hz lower than OFP and it works for me. If I run the opposite I get "the freeze" from time to time. Guess this can be different from machine to machine so fell free to experiment with it.
(06-08-2009, 07:07 AM)Anguis link Wrote:
Quote:Players who have problems alt + tab should read this.

You need to change your resolution different in game than in deskopt, example 1920 x 1200 in deskopt and 1600 x 1200 in ofp.

Just to clarify, I was given the opposite of the above advice tonight (I can't remember who gave it to me - thanks to you, whoever you are, all the same); I gave it a try, and it seems to work, so far.

My situation: I had 1280x1024 on my Desktop and 1600x1200 in OFP. I made my desktop match OFP (in both resolution and Hertz) - it appears to have fixed my crashing problem. If I run into the problem, again, I'll update this post.

I hope this can help someone else.

As far as my experience and knowledge say, the resolution is not the case here. what really makes the difference is the screen refresh rate of ofp and of the desktop. I'm at work now and I can't check but as far as i remember OFP's refresh rate needs to be higher than that of the desktop in order to allow safe and flowing alt+tabbing.
Maybe changing the resolution in your pc changed the refresh rate as well?
(06-08-2009, 12:53 PM)Variable link Wrote:as i remember OFP's refresh rate needs to be higher than that of the desktop in order to allow safe and flowing alt+tabbing.

i got the same refresh rate at both and i have no problems with alt-tabbing - quick and never crashes, so i don't think that this is would be the cause
try to use alt + ctrl + del  maybe that work Smile or use same settings in ofp and desktop
(06-08-2009, 02:33 PM)ColaKilla link Wrote:try to use alt + ctrl + del  maybe that work Smile or use same settings in ofp and desktop

ColaKilla, you are requested to post only contributing replies. such comments will be considered, from now on, as spamming.

These are mature forums, and a mature server so please adapt accordingly. We don't have an age limit and we don't want to exercise one, but immature behavior might lead us to think about that. so please...
(06-08-2009, 12:46 PM)Overlord link Wrote:The problem with running DT and OFP at same resolution and refresh rate is that annoying double mouse cursor.

I had forgotten about the double-cursor problem: I've made it a habit to place my cursor in the extreme upper-left corner of the screen when I run OFP. At some point as the game starts up, a black square appears up there, and as long as I have the cursor in that position, I've not had the double cursor problem. I just tested, and sure enough, with my cursor out of that extreme upper-left position, the double-cursor problem is present. I learned the "black square trick" in some obscure posting in the BIS forums, I think.

(06-08-2009, 12:53 PM)Variable link Wrote:Maybe changing the resolution in your pc changed the refresh rate as well?

Yes, it did change the refresh rate, but only to equalize it with OFP. I had had the DT Hz @ 85 and the OFP Hz @ 75. When I upped the DT resolution to 1600x1200, the DT Hz stepped down to 75 Hz. It's interesting that you mention the refresh rate thing - I had wondered whether or not that was really the issue, and not the resolution. I've opted to up the DT resolution rather than drop the OFP resolution (and equalize both @ 85 Hz), because, via some testing I did a while back (I can't count the number of hours I've spent tweaking this damn game for performance), I made the counter-intuitive discovery that I get more FPS in OFP @ 1600x1200 than @ 1280x1024 resolution. ??? :Smile
i got a black square mouse if i use dxdll addon in ofp with reflection on.

why is my reply a spam?? i have write to help him

Make

Ctrl + Alt + Del just helps him to crash the game.
maybe u need a better system.

maybe u tell us your system maybe there is the problem
(06-08-2009, 04:11 PM)ColaKilla link Wrote:maybe u need a better system.

maybe u tell us your system maybe there is the problem

Read the 1st post! he doesn't have a problem no more! it's fixed!
Guys Colakilla is right, I also use ctrl alt delete: after I press alt tab I press ctrl alt del and then cancel - this way I never have freezes or crashes. I think Grip uses this method as well.

The double mouse thing is corrected by refresh rate as Variable says (which one has to be higher I cant remember too) or the other solution is when you start OFP move your mouse cursor to the top right corner as far as you can and leave it there until the game finishes loading and you can see the ofp GUI.
Yes a do, and a have never have eny problems wite it.
when i start ofp i have double mouse too (windows mouse cursor and ofp cursor) but i minimiz game and start it again and then doublemouse is away

i hope i can help
(06-08-2009, 11:29 PM)Marto link Wrote:move your mouse cursor to the top right corner as far as you can and leave it there until the game finishes loading and you can see the ofp GUI.

I just gave this a try - works for me, too, just like the left corner.

Pages: 1 2