Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: WGL missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(03-01-2010, 04:44 PM)Mjolnir link Wrote:I plan to restart work on this soon, honest. I should of done it weeks ago, but configing is just so damn boring. I might actually do a desert/ACU group of Americans too.
You're right this is damn boring, I converted BW vehicles to WGL a few weeks ago. Making sure not to override any existing WGL vehicle, weapon and ammo classes is the most tedious thing about it.

(03-01-2010, 04:44 PM)Mjolnir link Wrote:Btw, Im planning to change the medics in my UK units, making it so the combat medics are just regular infantry, just carrying a ton of bandages. And then with medical officers who are meant to stay in base, it means that medics can just stabilise someone, and you need to medivac back to base, creating an altogether more interesting and realistic experience.
Nice idea but I would not get rid of the conventional medic alltogether because not every mission is or will be designed to have a hospital somewhere on the island with the real doctors...
(03-01-2010, 05:11 PM)Zwobot link Wrote:You're right this is damn boring, I converted BW vehicles to WGL a few weeks ago. Making sure not to override any existing WGL vehicle, weapon and ammo classes is the most tedious thing about it.

I honest to gods can't be bothered with vehicles, it seems to take twice as long to do one vehicle than it does to do an entire set of infantry.
Quote:Nice idea but I would not get rid of the conventional medic alltogether because not every mission is or will be designed to have a hospital somewhere on the island with the real doctors...

Yeah, there will still be "Medical Officers" who can actually heal, and can go in place of combat medics if needed.
re: Operation Venus on CAT Afghanistan

Marto, how is CAS supposed to work? Viking and I were playing last night - Viking tried to call a CAS mission. He was under 400m from the target, but nothing showed up (he tried a few times, got the confirmation and termination messages).

Is it broken or is there something we might have missed?
(03-01-2010, 10:54 PM)Anguis Viridis link Wrote:re: Operation Venus on CAT Afghanistan

Marto, how is CAS supposed to work? Viking and I were playing last night - Viking tried to call a CAS mission. He was under 400m from the target, but nothing showed up (he tried a few times, got the confirmation and termination messages).

Is it broken or is there something we might have missed?

You need a human piloted chopper in the sky.

You need to choose "weapon ANPRC77"
Reload CAS
hit fire
Go to map screen and click where you want CAS
Then for any human piloted aircraft a red "enemy" dot shows up on the radar.

Useful if there is infantry on the ground or in a forest and the pilot can't see them, then he can just saturate the CAS target with MG/cannon/FFAR fire.

Note: the CAS target shows up on other friendly human controlled vehicles' radars also, like tanks, apcs.

It is a standard loadout with most WGL radio operator troops.

NOTE: AI AIRCRAFT WILL NOT TARGET OR ENGAGE THE CAS TARGET.
Hey Guys,

Check out this new CAS script/addon by Drongo. Looks pretty cool, haven't tried it yet but may be the solution for AI CAS????
Link to BIS Fourms:
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.ph...ost1586663
Wow - looks pretty damn cool!
I've tried it, but personally I prefer Snypers Support Pack:http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?...1&game=OFP.
It does the same thing, but also adds artillery and reinforcements and such stuff, is definately compatible with MP, adds in fast roping and napalm, and is a bit more streamlined, like you can use laser designators to assign targets.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7