Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Briefing/Roster/Plan for Sunday 11-15-09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BLOODY VICTORY

BRIEFING
[Image: d1f84c55479564.gif]

MAP
[Image: f511cb55479563.gif]

Starting point is on the eastern exit of Petrovice.

ROSTER

Please do not fill slots marked wit Reserve before all the infantry slots are filled first.
Drivers and gunners for the BMPs should not be slotted unless all infantry slots are occupied. It is highly recommended for the crews to switch off the BIS_Voices in the WGL config to maximise the efficiency of commanding AI driver and gunner.

Alpha Black:
[table]
[tr]
[td]Slot[/td]
[td]Player[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]1: Officer PLATOON COMMANDER[/td]
[td]zwobot[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2: Medic[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Alpha Red:
[table]
[tr]
[td]Slot[/td]
[td]Player[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]1: Squad Leader[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]2: Rifleman[/td]
[td]Misha[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3: RPG Grenadier[/td]
[td]ninja[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]4: Rifleman[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]5: Rifleman[/td]
[td]Killerbob[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]6: Automatic Rifleman[/td]
[td]mikka[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]7: Crew (BMP commander)[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]8: Crew (BMP gunner)[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]9: Crew (BMP driver) Reserve[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Alpha Green:
[table]
[tr]
[td]Slot[/td]
[td]Player[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]1: Squad Leader[/td]
[td]Grip[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]2: RPG Grenadier[/td]
[td]BormaN[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3: RPG Grenadier[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]4: Grenadier[/td]
[td]gum[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]5: Grenadier[/td]
[td]Starosta[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]6: Machinegunner[/td]
[td]RKDmitriyev[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]7: Crew (BMP commander)[/td]
[td]T-34-85[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]8: Crew (BMP gunner)[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]9: Crew (BMP driver) Reserve[/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

COMMUNICATIONS
[table]
[tr]
[td]Group[/td]
[td]Callsign[/td]
[td]TS Channel[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Alpha Black[/td]
[td]Command[/td]
[td]Delta[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Alpha Red[/td]
[td]Alpha[/td]
[td]Alpha[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Alpha Green[/td]
[td]Bravo[/td]
[td]Bravo[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

SQUAD LEADERS of Alpha and Bravo have to be Channel Commander in TS.
COMMANDERS of BMPs have to be Channel Commander in TS.

Callsigns and TS Channels for the Alpha Green and Command group will be announced soon.

All please map a key to change channel in TS and to become Channel Commander and to speak as channel commander or make sure you can safely Alt-Tab out of the game and back to change TS settings.

PLAN
A tentative plan for the mission will be posted within the next couple of days.

I took the liberty to sign up for the platoon commander slot who will be the mission commander. If anyone else wants to plan and lead this mission please let me know. I'd be happy to slot in as BMP commander in that case.
MISSION
Our platoon attacks on a south to north axis in order to clear the of objectives 1 to 3 whereas objective 1 is the southern most questionmark and objective 3 the northern most one.

INTENT
The purpose of our mission is to kill or force withdrawal of all enemy forces in the vicinities of objective 1, 2 and 3.
We will accomplish this mission by subsequently attacking the objectives from south to north.
End state of each attack is the objective cleared and our platoon consolidated around the objective to react to enemy counterattacks.

EXECUTION
Each attack will be executed in a similar manner: The platoon will be divided into a supporting element and an attacking element. The supporting element will remain in a position from which it can prevent enemy reinforcements entering the vicinity of the objective. The attacking element will clear the objective dismounted and use direct fire support from it's mounted element (BMP) if necessary.
A reconnaissance of the objective will be carried out prior to each attack if the situation permits.
Alpha Red 1.Squad Leader, should be god fore me
ok, i take slot 4 (grenadier) in grip's squad.

if it happens that we have filled all the inf groups, then i can join zwob in bmp squad as gunner....(sorry i have no driving license)
I'm still inconclusiv whether to
1. add an extra command group with the platoon commander and a platoon medic
2. declare leader of Alpha Black as platoon commander
3. declare leader of Alpha Green (BMP section) as platoon commander

Right now I chose 1. because the commander should focus on supervising the rest of the platoon and only take minimal part in the actual fighting which would be hard in alternatives 2. and 3. On the other hand 2. and 3. would not require to fiddle around with the mission to add extra slots.

What do you think?
Hit me up for Alpha Red's Machinegunner, please. I think I could handle it.  Wink

Now, hopefully, if another army shows up on co-op day, we can fit everybody in.  ;D

And I vote for Zwobot's option 1, because it will give us two more slots.
i'm blindly going in too, Alpha Black  as 6: Automatic Rifleman - no matter who will lead this cannon fodder squad  Big Grin
I think you should use option 1, No fighting troops in the command team, basicly you dont have time to direkt 3-5 troopers, when you are trying to direct the platoon. And the chance that the commander get hit increase to much.

Further i whould like to suggest that on some missions a platoon sergeant(second in command) and a marksman(not a sniper) is added in the command team.
This two roles do not neead the commanders attenchon but could operate on ther own or together if spotter is needed.
The platoon sergeant could follow a squad that the commander think is extra importent, or act as Forward observer.
The Marksman armed wite a scoped wepon could help targeting importent targets, or take care of enemy snipers/marksman and HMG/MMGs.
id love to jump on this mission, if ya need a rifleman im ya guy
My experience (and probably others too) with this mission calls for a mission update. To add all crew in one group make this mission almost unplayable in my opinion. The crew should  (in my opinion) be attached to infantry squads (or next best solution to the "commanding unit"). There is no way to use the BMPs effectively without the possibility for inf squadleadres to directly command the BMPs. With this setup the-chain-of-command will be too long and/ or a lot of TS shit-chat; and then BOOOM, 1 BMP less (or a inf squad less). Afik remember we need swift responds from them here.

This is, by no means, an attempt to destroy the game, just pointing out mission faults.
You have a point with what you say Overlord and I already noticed this myself the last time we played this mission when I was crewing a BMP myself. I will evaluate both alternatives you suggested.

Will you be there on sunday?
I'll try if I'm not too busy with work or AA2 (gonna test CiA AA2 you know Wink )
do we have any aerial recce of suspected enemy positions?

I wanna apply for Alpha red, slot 2, rifleman, and I can even try to be group leader if nobody wants to take that slot. I'm do not feel comfortable being leader, since there are more experienced people here, but since game is scheduled for Sunday, I have four days to prepare. 
Killerbob, there is no information about exact enemy positions.

Misha, I slotted you as the Rifleman for now. If no one else will take the leader slot you'll have your ordeal as a squad leader on sunday  Wink

I rearranged the crew to be grouped with the infantry squads. As far as I could test this does not have negative consequences like e. g. not being able to switch between commander, gunner and drive seat.
Still I want the commanders of the vehicles to be channel commanders in TS too so they'll have better chances to keep up with the situation.
Pages: 1 2