Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Debriefing, 06 Dec 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
To cite Generation Kill : "Kill some civilians and get a reputation"
So Hawke could be called "Whopper Junior", and Variable would be "Whopper" then  Wink
One thing to add: as a squad leader, I'd prefer that Command has direct command of armor.
Damn,  you are writning novells guys! It takes me a day to read only through the half of this...

I want to add a few things aswell (to make it as long as lord of the rings):

Hawke was driving the bmp in the beginning, it was ME driving around during "battle", so its me responsible for making you jumping around and killing this girl in town. In the end it was hawke driving again into the hill of death ;-).

If you are not aware of what is happening whenI am entering a vehicle, just ask Overlord he will tell you. I will just say as much: You better run, if im driver...

But seriously: You all know how bad the drivers view is, there is no chance in seeing where people are, only guessing. Infantry is responsible to keep off as far as possible from armor if they want to stay alive. So its the infantry moving out of the way of the Armor, not vice versa. I tried to tell my group where i will move in advance, but of course the  other team wont hear this. One more reason to stay even further away and run if Armor comes your way... Nevertheless i was trying to be aware of Martos poor guys and circle them as much as possible AND bringing variable to a good position of engagement. Belive me i was sweating ;-). I think we were very effective with the bmp and didnt let them hunt us down, which often meant to drive forward let Var fire a few rounds and push backwards into cover again, change pos and show up the next ridge, etc...

With all that guys so close toghether, in fact i wondered, that i didnt drive over someone, but i could feel you fleeing out of my way ;-)...

Cheers Tony
and:

the preplanned missions are very much fun so far me aswell, although im one of the persons who wont spend time in the "pre". But thanks to the guys who do the work therefore, especially zwobot and Marto for the missions, but others too.

But: Dont go more into micro-Preplanning-making-doodlesl-andsoon plz. I´d say, lets just play at 20.00 one quick mission and then do the setup for the "Big One". Who ever can make it then, is lucky, who wont - is not. That includes me aswell. In the "old" Days coopnights began at 2100 cet, because this coverd the most appropriate time for everyone in the world, im just now completely understanding why. Its short after lunch in USA and not too early in for the Ausies ;-). The rest is lucky enough to be in between... I think thats fair for everyone without going into a major "Planattack"... When i miss one game, i am sad but patient enough to wait for the next one.

Once we are set up, dont go back for late joiners, there is no sense in letting 10+ wait for one guy late. There are always one or more guys loosing connection in the beginning anyways. Its hard for the late one but fair for the rest.

Tony
(12-09-2009, 02:28 PM)Fat Tony link Wrote: [ -> ]and:

the preplanned missions are very much fun so far me aswell, although im one of the persons who wont spend time in the "pre". But thanks to the guys who do the work therefore, especially zwobot and Marto for the missions, but others too.

But: Dont go more into micro-Preplanning-making-doodlesl-andsoon plz. I´d say, lets just play at 20.00 one quick mission and then do the setup for the "Big One". Who ever can make it then, is lucky, who wont - is not. That includes me aswell. In the "old" Days coopnights began at 2100 cet, because this coverd the most appropriate time for everyone in the world, im just now completely understanding why. Its short after lunch in USA and not too early in for the Ausies ;-). The rest is lucky enough to be in between... I think thats fair for everyone without going into a major "Planattack"... When i miss one game, i am sad but patient enough to wait for the next one.

Once we are set up, dont go back for late joiners, there is no sense in letting 10+ wait for one guy late. There are always one or more guys loosing connection in the beginning anyways. Its hard for the late one but fair for the rest.

Tony

I agree. Couldn't say it better myself.
(12-09-2009, 02:28 PM)Fat Tony link Wrote: [ -> ]I´d say, lets just play at 20.00 one quick mission and then do the setup for the "Big One".

another good idea
hey, in real life soldiers don't perform a "worming up battle"...... Smile
i say we just speed up the slotting process....
if all cia registered wgl players would give zwobot or marto theyr email address, maybe they could forward  the briefing/roster in an email, not forcing people to check cia forum to check if a new organised sunday event is upcomin.......
just an idea.......
I don't want to do that gum and I wouldn't want to receive such emails myself. It is not very complicated to take a look into the forum once or twice a week...
(12-09-2009, 02:13 PM)Fat Tony link Wrote: [ -> ]Damn,  you are writning novells guys! It takes me a day to read only through the half of this...
As long as we ain't boring you...

(12-09-2009, 02:13 PM)Fat Tony link Wrote: [ -> ]Hawke was driving the bmp in the beginning, it was ME driving around during "battle", so its me responsible for making you jumping around and killing this girl in town. In the end it was hawke driving again into the hill of death ;-).
Haha, where did you get your BMP license... a cornflakes packet? ;D

I was in that house.... I saw the BMP coming back to PHQ, so I thought oh I better get inside, I'll be safe in there.... NOT! Then I looked in the next room and a BMP was in there!!!! I ran out the back door! Was pretty funny...

Don't worry Tony, our public affairs and media department explained that woman's death as "a road accident".... We could not explain Variables HEAT and HE frag rounds on the kindergarten and elderly peoples' home as "a road accident" though... ;D ;D ;D

(12-09-2009, 02:13 PM)Fat Tony link Wrote: [ -> ]But seriously: You all know how bad the drivers view is, there is no chance in seeing where people are, only guessing. Infantry is responsible to keep off as far as possible from armor if they want to stay alive. So its the infantry moving out of the way of the Armor, not vice versa. I tried to tell my group where i will move in advance, but of course the  other team wont hear this. One more reason to stay even further away and run if Armor comes your way... Nevertheless i was trying to be aware of Martos poor guys and circle them as much as possible AND bringing variable to a good position of engagement. Belive me i was sweating ;-). I think we were very effective with the bmp and didnt let them hunt us down, which often meant to drive forward let Var fire a few rounds and push backwards into cover again, change pos and show up the next ridge, etc...

With all that guys so close toghether, in fact i wondered, that i didnt drive over someone, but i could feel you fleeing out of my way ;-)...

I totally agree, the dismounted infantry need to be aware of AFVs and get out of their way, this is true in RL as well, I'd hate big, loud, stinking bullet magnets with big tracks moving nearby.... just ask Viking, I'm sure he has a few stories (ie toothpaste tube...). But their firepower is awesome...

And this was noticable with the BMP, you guys did very well, gave good firesupport, maneuvered well using terrain, just unfortunate with the mixup of waypoints you got toasted near the end... Sad Sad

Also Tony, making the planned mission around 2100 or the next mission after 2100 could be a good idea. Some short missions before could let everyone log in, get all their TS etc setup, give everyone some time to glance through the forum at the mission plan (when they die in the short missions), get people to know their squad etc...

Also, I realise there are some who cant check forums during the week or make a plan, but there are plenty of "grunt" and "driver/gunner" slots that can be filled on the night and that's what makes the preplanned missions really no different than any normal mission we play on a coop night - it's just that the leaders and other key positions are better organised and prepared, hopefully with a solid plan,  which leads to more successful completion of the mission. Smile

It also gives people a chance for at least one mission to reserve themselves a weapon system that they would like to try, are good at, or particularly like, then they don't have to try in the mad scramble of slotting to get their slot that they wanted...
PS Osku: You are sacked as platoon medic...

Slim Lilly is much better looking than you...

I would much rather have her touching me while she is healing me than you............... Wink Wink Wink ;D ;D ;D
that was 2 hours of watching how awesome artillery is
(12-10-2009, 05:03 AM)Marto link Wrote: [ -> ]Slim Lilly is much better looking than you...

We have a woman on the server?  :o
Pages: 1 2 3