Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: WGL UKF Troops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey all, its been a while (I broke my wrist then I broke my monitor and have only just got a new one.), but I should be back soon. However, during my enforced absence, Ive been busy. Ive spent the past few weeks at least trying to hammer the AI part of SLX into a form that will work on MP (unsuccessfully atm Sad ) and a bit further back, I sorted out the infantry section of the WGL UKF conversion I've been doing. After much swearing, boredom and that annoying error beep, I've pretty much got it sorted, I just need to beat my computer back into getting on the net (im on a borrowed laptop atm) and I should be able to upload it.

Currently in the mod
Generic UK infantry in DPM
Paratroopers in Desert DPM
Marines in Mixed DDPM and DPM
SAS in DPM and DDPM, working on finding a suitable Private contractor model for them.
UKF WIMIKs with M2HMG.

Watch here for more updates.
Excellent Mjolnir.
Order to Marto: create a few SP missions for those units asap  Big Grin
excellent, i love using the L85A2 in ofp
Good to see you back MJ!

These seem very interesting.

Maybe we might need another CiA addon pack...

PS Zwobot: Havent played SP for years... :-[
(12-11-2009, 04:18 PM)Marto link Wrote: [ -> ]PS Zwobot: Havent played SP for years... :-[
Yeah, but I don't see those units being added to the server too soon unless there's a big demand for them.
WB MJ

(12-11-2009, 04:40 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see those units being added to the server too soon unless there's a big demand for them.

The desert units could be handy if I understand this correctly; WGL units right?
Yes, they are all converted to WGL. Im currently working on the armoured units to go with them as well, and thinking about doing some form of taliban as well.
(12-11-2009, 04:40 PM)Zwobot link Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but I don't see those units being added to the server too soon unless there's a big demand for them.
SAS, yes please  Wink
I should have a download link in a couple of hours, just uploading it.

There is a set of armoured units in there, they are basically their American counterparts but reskinned, I thought Id try it and see how it works just to get them in there, and I found some decent PMCs to use as "plain clothes" SAS. I think Ive solved most problems, but there are still a couple of annoying error messages that pop up, but nothing that is game breaking or anything. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to make it standalone as it were, and it has to overwrite a couple of WGL files.

I am also going to put together a decent MP mission once its uploaded to show off the troops, Im thinking something along the lines of a patrol into a town in Afghanistan.
(12-11-2009, 06:10 PM)Mjolnir link Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, they are all converted to WGL. Im currently working on the armoured units to go with them as well, and thinking about doing some form of taliban as well.

I have the generic Arab insurgeants and civilians from Lost Brothers mod half converted, I would email it to you but I ain't at home till after Christmas....

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8618

They seem real nice to convert, don't take long to do so you could start from scratch...

This one seems nice too: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8802

Als there's the Taliban pack...
http://www.filefront.com/15112647/UKF%20WGL.rar
Here it is, Id back up wgl_men_config and wgl_wep_config if you are going to do this.

All the .pbo files just need to go in @wgl/addons, and the mission folder into user missions.

Ive just started on the Lobo units, shouldnt take too long.... I hope.
just 136 Mb...

Tongue
Hey MJ, there is one thing I was never able to figure out when converting units to WGL:

When I convert vehicle, eg a Humvee with an MG on top, and in the config file get it to use WGL M2 and WGL ammo, the tracers never show up.

Do your vehicle/heli conversions show the tracers up when firing?
I suppose the Tracers are created with "fired" eventHandlers. Did you delete any eventHandlers from the config Marto?
(12-12-2009, 03:33 AM)Marto link Wrote: [ -> ]Hey MJ, there is one thing I was never able to figure out when converting units to WGL:

When I convert vehicle, eg a Humvee with an MG on top, and in the config file get it to use WGL M2 and WGL ammo, the tracers never show up.

Do your vehicle/heli conversions show the tracers up when firing?

I haven't tested the vehicles properly yet, but I assume that its to do with eventhandlers. Ill check and get back to you in a bit.

I just had a bit of an idea.... Who would want FDF style UAVs in WGL? Cause Im looking at importing them, and maybe, if I can, giving them a couple of Hellfires.
Pages: 1 2 3