Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Briefing/Roster for Sunday 27 Dec 09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(12-26-2009, 04:44 AM)Overlord link Wrote: [ -> ]Can't be there, I'm on "leave" Smile And why TF edit a perfectly good mission??? Is anyone afraid of faliure?? Whay not remove all enemies??

Either stop messing up missions or put an end to this stupid games where you need to alter every mission just to waste a couple of hours just in briefing. As I've clearly staded before, OFP ain't built for these kind of gameplay and it only satisfye a few players. So please use Thuesdays for this games or forget'em. >Sad

1. Since we have started playing our CiA preplanned/preslotted missions numbers joining have doubled from an average of 9 players on Sundays to an average of 17. Check the server stats. These players are all of high quality and they return then next week for the next mission. The stats speak for themselves. It can only be a good thing for CiA to attract and/or retain more good quality coop players.

2. The poll clearly showed that the majority of players want to keep the preplanned mission on Sundays, not Tuesdays or Thursdays. Again the stats speak for themselves.

3. A look through our forums shows an extremely positive reception to playing one preplanned/preslotted mission on a Sunday, just look at the posts and interest and discussion it's created.

4. If anything, we spend less time in the briefing before a mission, because it's all mostly preplanned and the commander just quickly runs over the briefing - majority of players already know the plan from reading the forums. And if there isn't a plan yet, then what makes it different in the briefing from any other mission we ever play?
Absolutely nothing.

5. Only reason some missions are changed is to split up player groups into 4 or 5 man groups rather than cumbersome 12 man groups. Nothing else is changed. Maybe 2 or 3 extra player slots are added to round out the teams but the effect of this is miniscule compared to the enhanced combat skills the AI have after converting a mission to WGL. Smaller groups = faster, more efficient control, more fun, more leaders volunteering. Definitely not "messing up missions".

6. Finally, I'm not directing this at anyone in particular..., but if don't like playing in the one preplanned coop mission, no one is forcing you to join! I don't like playing FDF/BAS much and you rarely see me on the server on a wednesday but I don't rant on the forums to "put an end to these stupid games" just because I don't like it!

As I said, the stats speak for themselves, and anyone is free to post a poll on whether we should get rid of playing one pre-planned, preslotted mission on a Sunday. If the stats show otherwise, then we can get rid of it.

Anyone wanting to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of playing one preplanned mission occasionally should start a new thread. This one is for: Briefing/Roster for Sunday 27 Dec 09  Smile Smile Smile
@Zwobot (and @Kurtz, too): You know, you've given me an idea - I don't think it'll hurt my setup if I do use the LShift key for comms (yes, the menu does show up - I've wondered why in the past and now I know, and now I know, again, that I'm thick). I was confusing TS keys w/ OFP keys. I don't think it'll be a problem using the Turbo key for non-Turbo conditioned actions. Let me know if you think I'm missing something.
@Marto, I'll try to be there; I don't want to commit to a slot, yet.
Slot me
Heavy Direct Fire Support Team Delta - Alpha Orange
2. Assaultman Javelin (M4 ACOG/Javelin)
@Anguis: I use left Shift key for talking as channel commander and I don't have any problems with it.
Requesting slot "3. Automatic Rifleman (M249)" under Koortz's command...
For me: 2. Assaultman Carl Gustav (M4 ACOG/84mm Carl Gustav - 1x HEAT)
in Medium Direct Fire Support Team Charlie - Alpha Yellow
READY FOR DUTY !!!  ;D
If you're okay with a tentative slotting, put me in for

Alpha Yellow
3. Assistant Assaultman Carl Gustav (M4 ACOG/Ruck 2x HEAT) - tentative

If someone else wants it and knows they can make it, go ahead and give it to them.
(12-26-2009, 06:51 AM)Anguis Viridis link Wrote: [ -> ]@Zwobot (and @Kurtz, too): You know, you've given me an idea - I don't think it'll hurt my setup if I do use the LShift key for comms (yes, the menu does show up - I've wondered why in the past and now I know, and now I know, again, that I'm thick). I was confusing TS keys w/ OFP keys. I don't think it'll be a problem using the Turbo key for non-Turbo conditioned actions. Let me know if you think I'm missing something.

Well I switched it to Insert once I realized that it's easier to lean and roll using the Shift keys. (Insert seems to be one of the few keys that isn't mapped to something that could conceivably be important in OFP). Leaning left seems kinda useless (because you're just as exposed), but leaning right and rolling left or right could be rather important.
I take the command slot if no one else wants it and make a small simpel plan.(not like last time)

But if some one else wants it i could take any Team Leader or Riflman slot(no AT slots i cant hit a barn wite those things)
ohhhhhhhhhh
(12-26-2009, 11:37 PM)gum link Wrote: [ -> ]ohhhhhhhhhh

Too much food over Christmas Gum??
yes marto, i think OL's message was just a food overdose hallucination then......and it was not there when i red it 10 min ago and replied to it.........
Come on guys, better start slotting up - we can't win this one with only 6 players!  :Smile
I'll slot myself as PL SGT but can shift into medic or team leader as needed.
You want to shift down to Charlie rifleman Viking?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5