Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: DAC - Missions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Nephris

Gentlemen,
i hope ya all had wonderful days off with a lorry full of presents.
I would like to thank ya for the past hours gaming in 2010 i had with ya,much appreciated.
I already joined several nights in OFP and FDF era but nothing really changed at CIA.

In OFP times we tested at Mapfact.net Silolas DAC.
As u can imgaine testing a single map 100times can be very cheesy.
But with DAC each time the map was played ,it developed completely different,although the primary targets and the mission kept the same.

Since OFP DAC was developed further more and is now for ArmA2 called DAC3.0 (surprise,surprise).
In our personal small gaming group we played already several times with DAC, what can be very challenging.
Even more ,the less proffesional your team mates are, who think and play in COD Rambo style,... i guess you know what i am writing about .

So my suggestion and personal question is,
would you mind to spend an evening on a DAC mission?
At first just for testing, means i could host it on my small dedicated (10mb upload/50mb download)
and we can play a simple mission, to expirience DAC.

For those who dont know DAC, it is a pool of scripts/functions that creates more or less random
AI units and their waypoints within a given zone.Furthermore, the AI groups communicate to a certain degree, so the enemy get investigated by surroundings, paradrops,armored attacks, and several tactic .I will post a part of the readme below.

DAC is loadable by either an addon/modfolder as .pbo or as scipt version inside the mission file.

I would really like to test DAC 3.0 with an expirienced troop and veteran players like you, and would much appreciate if ya were interested in it.

Now a short description of DAC and the features:

Quote:In (so called) "AI-zones", waypoints and units of different categories
and sides are being generated. If you play a mission using DAC, you will
get a different game experience every time restarting the mission.
This is the result of every AI-zone being generated every time,
when you start the mission.

Furthermore, when using DAC, your mission will gain momentum and
replayability will increase drastically in comparison with
standard missions. Nevertheless mission designers have to spend
more time in balancing the opposite forces and in testing their mission.

The script is able to maintain supplies, in a dynamic, but by mission designers
controllable way. The AI respawns at fully generated camps, so it is possible
to create large, long lasting missions using DAC.

New features, such as create DAC-zones during a mission or object-generation
and also the old features like global troup movements,or multiple de-/activation
of AI-zones are taking mission design to a new level.

Hi Nephris. Good to have you too with us... looking forward for the upcoming new coop year.

Might be fun to try DAC in multiplayer, I'd be definately up for that. We could schedule some night in the beginning of next year, just not on the official coops (sundays/tuesdays).

Nephris

I would like to test a DAC mission on a dedicated server with more than 1 Player, so it would be great if more are fancy for some AI blast tonight 20h.
Will be inTS3 at 20h.

Nephris

Thx for joining tonight and help testing the map.
I think  i should lower the unit count and thier skill.

Maybe i should implement the revive script properly, although
Zandhaas already told me u like to play without.
So i guess activating it via the parameters should be fine.

Any thoughts and critisms are welcome, although we didnt come too far on the map.
(01-06-2011, 11:35 PM)Nephris link Wrote:Any thoughts and critisms are welcome, although we didnt come too far on the map.
Yeah, this is the point Smile
We need to be a bit more careful and play it several times before, at least, I can judge it. A common error, in my point of wiev, is that if people get killed they blame the mission, never their own behavoiur.

So, I say, let it stay at current level for a while as long as you yourselfe don't have deected any flaws. But I would agree to lower AI skills due to we lost 3 man by 3 shots.... Smile

Nephris

The skill was dynmically from 0.2 - 0.6 what is not too much.
Does anyone know if the skill from the server config overwrite the skill added in the mission?

So in veteran mode the default AI skill is via server config 0.75 and at pro 0.9.
Just for curiosity, how exactly did the AI beat you? with their intelligence, aiming accuracy, or simply just numbers by having a larger force than yours?

EDIT: following post added:
(01-07-2011, 01:18 AM)Nephris link Wrote:So in veteran mode the default AI skill is via server config 0.75 and at pro 0.9.

In my OA enemy skills are:
Recruit: 0.55
Regular: 0.70
Veteran: 0.90
Expert: 1.00

Arent't these the same defaults for dedi servers?
I was killed by a single shot of .50 cal from pretty close range. So my death was caused by bad situational awareness. I think Grip was mowed down by the same .50 cal seconds later.

Zandhaas

The actual AI skill settings are a mix depending on their skill level set in the mission file and those in the general game settings for a difficulty mode, except for the full AI skill option in which the skill is absolutely maxed out.

The failures could be attributed to bad drills. Now that we are gaining more and more regular attendance we might consider reintroducing some basic standard operating procedures to make a team more effective. A little discipline can go a long way without being burdensome (I guess most have bosses at work and/or home for the latter).

Regards,

Sander
Hola,

my experience with the AI (corresponding with my other post, thx for Zwobots hint) are, that you can alter the DAC_Config_Events for the setup of each unit.

I put there (thx for Grip here...):

Code:
case 1:
    {
        _Events_Unit_S =    [
                                [“{_x setskill ["aimingAccuracy",0.05]} foreach units _group “],

With this setitng i could experience quite good effects for havin AI shooting at me but not hitting (always) on the first shot, even with maxed skill. Maybe this could help you there a bit...

And be aware that (as i understood) the setting for DAC_AI_Level in the DAC_Config_Creator affects the time and efficiency on how quick the Groups react to USers attacks. That means on level 4 they call in help earlier than in level 1. In my opinion this value doesnt set the skill of the unit itself.

What i did is in my tests, that i set the skill level of the unit to 1.0 (highest) in the editor and put the setskill to 0.05. With this values i got the unit firing rapidly on me but the bullets were hitting only close to me or causing just wounds instead of headshots (which i got plenty without the shake on skill level 1.0)

Cheers

Tony

Nephris

Well the skill of the AI units canbe set in DAC on several points.
Primary in the DAC_Config_Creator.sqf
Code:
DAC_AI_Level        = 3    
DAC_AI_AddOn        = 1

Awhile the AI_Addon can be edited for further changes.

The DAC_Behaviour.sqf contains the generell skill setting
Code:
_setSkill   = [0.2,0.6];

Nevertheless i totally forgot about the events function FatTony mentioned.
A good hint, maybe the old value used by the first zeus_aI can be integrated here.

And here was actually my question.
How deal Skill from the server config deal with the skill from the mission.
Zandhaas sias it will be mixxed in some kind.
Do u know more exact how they deal together?

I also asked in the BIS Forum, and actually each smartass having an idea posts into a thread to get his postcount pushed....noone answered so far on my question there.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112898

To the missionitself...after i today
[bouncer mode on]
updated my pc with a ssd and HD5870[bouncer mode off], i made the unit count on the battlefield dependant to the player count.Means 4 Players default. Each player more increases the unit count by 10%,each player less will decrease the unit count by 10%.
That way it keeps playable for each number of players.
Further more i added the revive possibilty to each medic only.
The revive is configurable to a certain degree in the params, aswell the DAC unit skill
Maybe its because noone besides BIS Develops can actually say, in which way the will realy mix up.

What wanted to say ist: When the AI skill is appearing too high, use the setskil for each unit of DAC arrays to lower their aim. its even better to have their skill set to a high value as they will try to return fire instead of getting stoned (if you know what i mean ;-) ) but not hit you once.

I know this is not actually answering your question specifically but can give you a solution for your problem if you want to try. But of course theres a bit of smartass inside me too...

Cheers

Tony
and: I think the AI LEvel and AI Addon are not what you are looking for, because i think they are not influencing the shooting skills directly and thus dont pretend you from one-shot-kills (which is what you want to aviod, when i got you right).

As i read it in the help, AI ADDON is not fully supported yet and AI LEvel will affect how fast they react on your attacs and call in support.

the Setskill is more into the headshot problem, but will cause "Dumb" AI´s, when decreased too much, which is in my eyes not the goal to achieve.

This is why i think it might be a good idea to set the units on a high skill and give them a poor aim.

Nephris

Hi folks,
would it be possible that someone join me before the "official round at 20h", so we could heck some very basic things to my DAC mission, what wont last long i guess.

To be tested:
- revive
- JIP revive
- JIP DAC

I ll be at 16h at home so any time since 16h would be fine.
A pm if someone has time or a post would be appreciated
hi,

I can help you to test your mission if you want. I can be on the server at aprox 16:00 GMT+1.

cya.

Nikiller.
Pages: 1 2