Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 2: Anti-tank and Anti-air launcher sights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Overview and aiming methods for all shoulder-launched Anti-tank and Anti-Air weapons that can be assigned to you during CiA ArmA 2 Coop Nights.

How to read the pictures: The lines tell you how far away target you can aim when you place your desired impact point on that line. Example, if your target, let's say a enemy BMP is 200 meters away from you (to determine it, use rangefinder or guesstimate), and you want to hit middle of its side armor; then look through the sight so the BMP's side is on the line indicating "200m".

Even if the sight pictures show aiming points to very high ranges like 600m and above, you don't normally need to master that far. Learn to aim for targets in 100m-300m distance and you'll be effective enough!

Note that launchers with Lock-On capability need to be aimed only roughly at the target - you don't need to be precise.

MANUALLY AIMED ANTI-TANK LAUNCHERS

M136
The launcher must be elevated "over the sights" already at ~250m targets, so it's not too practical to use for those distances.

[Image: arma2m136.th.jpg]

SMAW
The two available rocket types for the SMAW are:
HEAA / High Explosive Anti-Armor - best penetration for armored targets
HEDP / High Explosive Dual Purpose - used against infantry, bunkers, light vehicles.
I grouped the mid/long distances roughly together in the picture below. With this kind of sights picture (sparse lines), it's hard to mark the aiming points accurately. Should be still fine enough.

[Image: arma2smaw.th.jpg]

MAAWS (Carl Gustav)
Effective range at least 1400m, maximum unknown. Includes rangefinder in the scope, and the tube can be loaded with either HEAA or HEDP rockets.

[Image: arma2maaws.th.jpg]

RPG-7V
One launcher, four different rockets:

PG-7V / PG-7VL
Standard HEAT warhead for most vehicles. Maximum range 900m.

[Image: arma2rpg7vrpg7vlog7.th.jpg]

PG-7VR
Dual HEAT warhead, the most powerful one against heavy armor.
Due to heavy weight, this rocket drops down heavily after exiting the tube. This makes the aiming scale a bit weird looking, e.g. for a target 100m away you must aim at same spot than for 600m target. See below:

[Image: arma2rpg7vr.th.jpg]

OG-7(HE)
Fragmentation warhead for anti-personnel warfare. Same aiming points than in PG-7Vs and max 900m:

[Image: arma2rpg7vrpg7vlog7.th.jpg]

RPG18
Maximum range 600m.

[Image: arma2rpg18.th.jpg]

(FDF) 66 KES 88
Light anti-tank launcher. (M72A5 LAW)

[Image: kes66.th.jpg]

(FDF) 112 RSKES APILAS
Heavy duty launcher.

[Image: apilasj.th.jpg]

GUIDED ANTI-TANK LAUNCHERS

As a rule of thumb: Targets are locked just by roughly aiming at them, and that works with only ground vehicles. Press spacebar to see the lock status - green square+circle should be floating over the target. Then press space again to close the "HUD", and fire!

FGM-148 Javelin

[Image: arma2javelin.th.jpg]

The CLU (Command Launch Unit) screen explained:
DAY - Day / Night vision mode. Cycle view modes by pressing N key
WFOV - Wide field of view = zoomed Out (NumMinus key)
NFOV - Narrow field of view = zoomed In (NumPlus key)
SEEK - This is illuminated when seeking for target, or when target is locked (but is NOT the actual lock indicator)
FLTR - Thermal views, cycle with N

And lastly, the most important symbol is on the top left side - the tiny rectangle inside a circle. This will be lighted up in dark orange color when the system is acquiring target, along with a "beep-beep-beep"-sound.
When target is locked properly, the sound cue will change to a faster and high-pitched "bi-bi-bi-bi" sound. If unsure, check the video below:

[url=
This definitely needs to be stickied!

Thanks Osku.
And here he goes again Wink Nice job!

Are there multiple versions of Carl Gustaf because isn't it Wire guided?

Again, some very useful info! Will alt-tab when needed to check it.
Zwobot, thanks for the stickies!

(01-09-2011, 07:08 PM)Bubba link Wrote:Are there multiple versions of Carl Gustaf because isn't it Wire guided?

No, it's not wire-guided and only one version of CG/MAAWS in ArmA 2.

If you are recalling Operation Flashpoint Carl Gustav, it had guidance system (with mouse), but I have always thought that was some mistake from the devs. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...
Atleast wikipedia didn't say it was guided. hmph... It's guided in BF: bad company 2 too! Big Grin Wonder from where they've got the idea that it's guided! Tongue
Added RPG-7. Now it should be complete.
Hola,

and because i guess you are all lazy bastards, her is a basic AT Training mission on the proving ground with static tanks on different ranges.

Inside the mission file is a ammocrate loaded with some stuff (but not BAF and PLC weapons) so you can easily play around yourself.

Once i find some spare time, i will add some moving stuff, but that might take a while...

I expect you all get tank snipers now ;-).

Cheers

Tony
Nice Tony, but remember you don't need to start from scratch and reinvent the wheel. Wink Maybe find something useful from these:

Kronzky's Moveable Target Range http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6504

Proving ground (don't be confused of the name) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11936

I have used Kronzky's for weapon tests, because it has all selectable weapons in one list and unlimited ammo / no need for reloading. There isn't fixed positions for targets, instead they are adjustable with 50m increments.
Added FDF AT launchers 112 RSKES APILAS and 66 KES 88.
Are you sure about the RPG 18? I think your range markers are offset by one notch and should start from the top triangle.
(05-18-2011, 06:05 AM)Variable link Wrote:Are you sure about the RPG 18? I think your range markers are offset by one notch and should start from the top triangle.

I just checked RPG18, looks fine to me...

With the top notch you can hit targets only at little less than 100m distance.
I prepared a printable version to be used during coop. I will hang it by my screen Smile. I got sick of missing those RPGs...
I used Icebone's AT guide. I can't attach it here because it's too big. If you want me to email it to you guys let me know.
I would like one, I think my Email is at my Profile page!
(09-07-2011, 04:43 PM)Bubba link Wrote:I would like one, I think my Email is at my Profile page!
It's hidden!
Pages: 1 2 3