Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CiA Banner Contest!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello CiA coop nights players! We are pleased to announce the CiA Banner Making Contest.
You are invited to create a banner promoting CiA coop nights. Whoever creates the best banner/s will win a Logitech G5 Gaming Laser Mouse (it's actually mine hehe... but I never used it). The prize will be shipped to the winner's address free of charge.

[Image: variablelogitechg5mouse.th.jpg]

If you have a nice concept for a banner but need help making one, don't hesitate to post your difficulties and we will do our best to assist.
Post your banners here as a reply to this topic. The posted banners shall be used on Armaholic to promote the CiA coop nights!

Examples for banners (click to enlarge):

[Image: ciabannerambush.th.png]

[Image: baseline1.th.jpg]

[Image: ciabannerplan.th.png]

Please note the following:
  • The banner must be an image in 710 x 110 pixels size.
  • It must include the CiA logo (jpeg and gif attached) and any text must use our regular Bank Gothic font (attached)
  • Creating multiple banners will increase your winning chances!
  • CiA members shall form the winner nomination committee and therefore will not participate in the contest.
May the best banner win!

[Image: cia.gif]
Aww, I made three banners, but I can't participate! Smile

Good luck to all who try to make something!

Edit
Oh, I just had to make one
;D

And if there is a fail - It was Tony leading...  :Smile

Anyways, nice Idea! I´d say, what ever there is, there is definitely fun!

Keep it coming Guys!
Hi Guys,

Have no experience in this stuff, but I want Variable's mouse  ;D 

So here are some examples for now, the slogan can be changed of course, tried to play with the words , sort of double meaning, well...

[Image: ciabannercoop1.jpg]

[Image: ciacoopbanner3.jpg]

[Image: ciabannercoop2.jpg]

btw, I like planes... Smile

Cheers
Very Nice Setup they look great! I especially like the second one. " Fly by the seat of your pants do you " Smile

Regards Gary
Thanks Gary!

I'm thinking of more slogans, and thought of providing the template so the slogan can be changed from time to time.

Regards
Ron/Setup
Since we are more infantry oriented group than airborne (as my earlier banners might imply), I made more banners.
If you have any improvements suggestions, like changing colors/slogans/" go learn some more photoshop"... post them here  :Smile

[Image: sniper1b.jpg]

[Image: combined2copy.jpg]

[Image: combinedneg.png]
Go learn some more Photoshop!

Nah, kidding.  I love the "We aim to please" idea  Big Grin 

However, I'd say, less is more, so lose the left scope on the first one, and make the CiA logo transparant.
On the second one, try to make the transition of the images in the center, so you have the vertical line behind the logo.
Try to play with the blending options in Photoshop for the text, some soft shadows, stroke or glow makes the text more readable and stand out.

I actually do it all in simple paint mixed with Picasa...
I don't have Photoshop or any knowledge with it... Smile

I accept your ideas, but couldn't accomplish that with paint alone...
will see what I can do with the help of a friend, maybe...

P.S. feel free to download and modify if you like... Smile
If you cant get your hands on Photoshop, Try Gimp its got near enough all the same things as Photoshop and its free Tongue
                                                                      http://www.gimp.org/

Regards Gary.
I heard of gimp, you have to learn it as well, not very simple, so I still use the primitive/simple ways.

More, in two flavors...

[Image: sniperrifletemplate001.jpg]

[Image: sniperrifletemplate.jpg]

Many "smart" slogans came up to my mind here, under the sniper rifle, to mark the position of the missing new recruits etc'...  :

"Don't be invisible" join bla bla..
"Here is / this is your spot",
"Where are you?!"
"We have a place for you"
"Can you aim?"
"Do you see us?"
"We have the correct aim"
"Wonder aimlessly??"
"Need a target in life?"
"Dont hide there..."
"Grab a gun..."
"Good camouflage..."
"We can't see you..."

well, you got the point...pick what you like...

Cheers... ;D
Armaholic homepage now shows one of Setup's banners. This is a good chance to announce him as the winner of the banner making contest!
See you soon at work to give you the prize...
Congrats setup!  Too bad there was no competition, but an easy win is a win! Smile
Thanks!,
Yea, unfortunately no one competed, it could have been interesting,
put up a graphic card for the win next time and then we'll see... Wink
Hopefully I've created enough banner type/ideas to cover the lack of competition/banners.

Currently I'm abroad at work, miss playing with you guys,
Hopefully be back on the weekend.

See you guys later
and "Kill Them All!"... Smile

Well, I would have competed if my graphical skills wouldn't suck so much Big Grin
Pages: 1 2