Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: [CiA] Teamspeak 3 whisper setup guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If I remember correctly, having microphone has never been a requirement for joining the CiA coop nights.  ;D  So joining the coop nights without the whisper plugin shouldn't be a problem in any way.
I think the communications should be handled in a way, that it doesn't cause problems for anyone and it doesn't raise the bar for anyone wanting to join. In this aspect I feel that Teamspeak is the best way to go. At least for now. And using teamspeak is easy. Even I can teach someone how to use the whisper.
I don't see a reason for not using beta any more.
Friday night special opening post, and required addons webpage updated.
(11-22-2012, 05:17 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a reason for not using beta any more.

Thanks Variable. Not withstanding the big "Set your Teamspeak ‘Whisper’ key!" post on the Homepage, it might be worth mentioning on those pages that we use TS instead of VON though, just because it gives new players a chance to setup their mouse buttons to their TS keys rather than VON keys before they join.
Thanks for the advice doveman. Last post on "Friday night special" thread updated. And I actually already added to the "Join CiA coop nights" page a link to this thread.
(11-22-2012, 05:17 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a reason for not using beta any more.

Why not use also on Tuesday and Sunday, too? Because beta patches have lots servers fixes and optimizations.
It's allowed now also on official nights. That's why the join CiA coop nights page was updated.
Updated plugin attachment to rar. No need for renaming anymore, just download and extract.
The ORBAT addon is attached as a pbo.
(11-26-2012, 05:21 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Updated plugin attachment to rar. No need for renaming anymore, just download and extract.
The ORBAT addon is attached as a pbo.

Having some problems with the ORBAT addon. If I load a mission (single- or multiplayer) it pops up theORBAT window on the map but it does nothing and cannot be removed, essentially making the map unusable.
Teamspeak 3 iOS app is free today and tomorrow, so if you are an app freak like go get it! It usually costs 5 US$!
Hi, guys,

I'm setting things up - the whisper plugin isn't working, problem looks identical to rundll.exe's, setup the same as Setup's, except I'm using 32-bit. run, were you able to get it working?

Anguis
No, I didn't get it working.  Good to know its not a 32-64 bit problem tho
For 32bit system you need  whisper_plugin.dll NOT whisper_plugin_x64.dll.
I don't know if this will help but I ran into a similar error setting up TS3 on another PC running Windows 7 x64 today. It turned out I had it installed in both Program Files (x86) and Program Files and it was running the wrong (i.e x86) version!

So that might be something to check. Other than that, this is what my plugins folder under Program Files\Teamspeak 3 Client looks like. It seems for some plugins (ACRE, TS3 Overlay) it puts both win32 and win64 versions in there and must just ignore the win32 versions but as you can see, for the whisper plugin I just have the x64 version in there (obviously if running Windows 7 x86 you need just the whisper_plugin.dll as Horus said).
For the record, I got the plugin working after a complete reinstall of windows. I guess there was some .NET dependency problem or smth.
rund, you need to re-configure your whisper, right now you are whispering to everybody. you need to set whisper only for alpha, bravo, charlie and delta, so the guys on AFK and KIA wont hear you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5