Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Let's try ACRE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.

Subject says it all. I'd love to try ACRE at least once, for the positional audio and easier organization of radio. Especially if we split the squad mid-mission, this would probably be helpful too.

Varanon tried it once and it is really easy to set up.

What is everybody's opinion ?
(10-04-2013, 07:18 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]What is everybody's opinion ?

If it works, it's quite good. The setup is mostly on teamspeak and the server itself, since in Arma, it's just another addon.

The icky part is that teamspeak must run in admin mode, which is kind of silly, but there you go.
(10-04-2013, 07:18 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]it is really easy to set up.

Not from my expierence but, thats not saying alot tbh (drunk piano player) lol - name that film? will be most impressed if anyone gets that??
But yes with you guys i'm sure it wouldn't be a hassle, heard soo much good about it, even a lot of missions have it as a required 'addon'  8)

I'm up for it. Don't know why we didn't try it before. I've used it in other communities and it seemed to work out well for them, so why couldn't it work for us? Smile
I had troubles with ACRE in the past while trying to use it one time. For some reason my TS3 keys and such stopped working when I enable ACRE and then I couldn't speak at all. Maybe I'll try running it admin mode next time, but not sure.
(10-04-2013, 10:31 PM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]I had troubles with ACRE in the past while trying to use it one time. For some reason my TS3 keys and such stopped working when I enable ACRE and then I couldn't speak at all. Maybe I'll try running it admin mode next time, but not sure.

There's a bunch of problems in Teamspeak with the hotkeys. If you look into the settings for hotkesy, you will notice a selection box at the bottom right corner. I don't remember each setting, but there's things like "Only mouse and keyboard" and "DirectInput", I think.. for me only the "Only mouse and keyboard" setting ever worked reliably.
Phantom
I had troubles with ACRE in the past while trying to use it one time. For some reason my TS3 keys and such stopped working when I enable ACRE and then I couldn't speak at all. Maybe I'll try running it admin mode next time, but not sure.

This is exactly what happened to me last Sunday night session. I couldn't speak  :-X and then eventually realised ACRE was messing up my key input. I disabled ACRE and got it working.
(10-08-2013, 02:19 PM)Lefty link Wrote: [ -> ]This is exactly what happened to me last Sunday night session. I couldn't speak  :-X and then eventually realised ACRE was messing up my key input. I disabled ACRE and got it working.

Make sure you set your options correctly, like I said in that post before yours (Keyboard and Mouse only, not DirectInput)
From last night:-

Soo wanna set a night to test this out?
(11-01-2013, 09:03 PM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ]From last night:-

Soo wanna set a night to test this out?
Can't test it until ACRE is installed on the server. I will get around to it hopefully this week.
Let's test it this monday

Here's a link to the latest version from UO servers.

The plugins for Teamspeak are in @ACRE folder

http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/37122613/file.html
Thanks MCraze, I'll try to squeeze it in. Can't promise about Monday though...
So when do we test it out? Early on Thursday coop night ?
(10-09-2013, 10:00 AM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you set your options correctly, like I said in that post before yours (Keyboard and Mouse only, not DirectInput)

Strangely the advice from UO has always been this should be set to DirectInput, which has always worked for me (after one TS3 update this got changed and it stopped working until I changed it back).

I'm up for using ACRE and am quite familiar with it but don't missions have to be designed to give everyone radios to use for it to work, or does having the ACRE mod enabled on the server cause a radio box to spawn at the start for everyone to grab radios from?
(10-04-2013, 08:01 PM)ck-claw link Wrote: [ -> ](drunk piano player) lol - name that film? will be most impressed if anyone gets that??

Sry just quoting myself  Wink
Pages: 1 2