Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Heeelllooo TANOA PART 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is the prologue for my next campaign.

Your are a bunch of PMC, well paid, decently equipped, sent in a suicidal mission. Good luck!

co@15_p1_hellotanoa.chernarus_summer.pbo

Yay! Good news, Alias!
Thanks man, and i used FHQ Task Tracker(Big thank you for this one!!!) as well because i plan to have more objectives and tasks in my future missions/campaign.
Uploaded!
Mission fixed and updated for CUP new releases. Same download link as in OP.
I jumped on server to have a quick look on the mission, but isn't there anymore.
Can someone upload it? The download link is in OP.
Thank you!
Just checked, the mission file is on the server. If you can't see it, then something is wrong with it.
Yeah, thanks, i see it now, i don't know what was wrong before.
However the mission is not updated, is still first version affected by a CUP bug, use the link in OP to get fixed version.
Thank you!
Did you fix all the errors it gives after loading it?
Yup. Is tested on dedicated. Just make sure you download it again to get the last version.
Thank you!
Updated!
Tested on CiA server and it works. Thank you!
A few points on the mission:
  • I really, REALLY dislike the markers. I know they have an explanation, but I don't like them.
  • Lack of radios made communication very difficult
  • The mission was too long, I would really have restricted it to a single airfield and dropped the Balota one.
Really loved the comic intro, that was very slick.
Highlight of the mission was the Abrams firing its main cannon into the Hangar... Solid gold Big Grin

(01-08-2016, 01:30 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]A few points on the mission:
  • The mission was too long, I would really have restricted it to a single airfield and dropped the Balota one.
Really loved the comic intro, that was very slick.
Highlight of the mission was the Abrams firing its main cannon into the Hangar... Solid gold Big Grin

TBH I disagree with it being too long and restricting it to one airfield. I think that fighting at both is one of its unique aspects. I feel the reason it took so long was due to the Abrams which took a lot of rockets to destroy. Ask Stag, to destroy the one at balota which killed like 7 people, I shot it about 10 times and was still active. I think it would've gone much faster if Abrams were destroyed in like 1-2 Javelins. We also spent like half of the mission time at NWA trying to walk around it.

I think it just might need some different enemy vehicles instead of the Abrams.
(01-08-2016, 02:42 PM)Den link Wrote: [ -> ]TBH I disagree with it being too long and restricting it to one airfield.

It's essentially repeating the same goal (kill AA, steal stuff) twice in a row.

Quote:I think that fighting at both is one of its unique aspects. I feel the reason it took so long was due to the Abrams which took a lot of rockets to destroy.

That makes it fine for two separate missions.

Quote:Ask Stag, to destroy the one at balota which killed like 7 people, I shot it about 10 times and was still active. I think it would've gone much faster if Abrams were destroyed in like 1-2 Javelins

Spoiler alert: Something was wrong. I tried it, and an Abrams blows up after a single SMAW hit. No idea what was wrong there, but it certainly wasn't right.

Quote:We also spent like half of the mission time at NWA trying to walk around it.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Quote:I think it just might need some different enemy vehicles instead of the Abrams.

No, like I said, the Abrams is fine, there was something wrong with the specific one, and I am not sure what it was, but handleDamage event handlers are... weird, to put it mildly, as I found out when trying to figure out what was wrong with Psycho revive and fire. The same handleDamage event handler can spawn multiple times, and sometimes it even runs without any selection (which was the case with the fire damage).
Pages: 1 2