Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 Required Addons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Updated to Task Force Radio 0.9.5. See previous post for link to instructions on copying the updated TS3 plugin.
Updated first post as it was quite outdated.

Today's additions:
FHQ Map Draw updated (can now delete lines)
Added @Rails_CiA (needed for optics on certain weapons)

Also, make sure you have the latest All in ArmA Terrain Pack (v1.3).
Do we update TFAR to 0.9.6?
(10-22-2014, 08:38 AM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Do we update TFAR to 0.9.6?
doveman, will people with PwS will update to 0.9.6 automatically?
(10-22-2014, 10:47 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]doveman, will people with PwS will update to 0.9.6 automatically?
No, as I've set it to download 0.9.5 from our server, to avoid people auto-updating and give us a chance to wait and see if there are any reported issues before updating. I can change it back to download from PwS any time you want though.
(10-22-2014, 01:27 PM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]No, as I've set it to download 0.9.5 from our server, to avoid people auto-updating and give us a chance to wait and see if there are any reported issues before updating. I can change it back to download from PwS any time you want though.
Good man, I suggest we wait then.
So we're not updating?
I say we rather wait for Sunday.
Rogér Smile
Ok, it seems like people are manually updating theirs to 0.9.6. Since it will be harder to make these people roll back, let's update ASAP. Server updating as we speak.
Note that the userconfig has changed!!!
(10-22-2014, 08:48 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, it seems like people are manually updating theirs to 0.9.6. Since it will be harder to make these people roll back, let's update ASAP. Server updating as we speak.
Note that the userconfig has changed!!!

OK, will do.

I think I'll just set it back to retrieving the PwS version, as it's a waste of time uploading specific versions to our server if people are just going to update as soon as a new version comes out anyway and it's easy to rollback to older versions if needed with PwS.
No, I wouldn't say that. The reason we are updating is that 9.6 seems to be stable. It's not guaranteed for future versions. Let's keep it on PwS, but after tomorrow's game please set it back to the CiA repo.
We don't want to auto update in the next major version until it's tested on games of other communities and proves to be stable Wink
(10-23-2014, 08:50 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]We don't want to auto update in the next major version until it's tested on games of other communities and proves to be stable Wink

But we updated to 0.9.4 the afternoon it came out?
(10-23-2014, 08:52 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]But we updated to 0.9.4 the afternoon it came out?
THAT was the mistake we should avoid in the future.
(10-23-2014, 08:50 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]No, I wouldn't say that. The reason we are updating is that 9.6 seems to be stable. It's not guaranteed for future versions. Let's keep it on PwS, but after tomorrow's game please set it back to the CiA repo.
We don't want to auto update in the next major version until it's tested on games of other communities and proves to be stable Wink

Sorry but you did say we should update because people were manually updating anyway and it would be harder to make them rollback, not because it's been shown to be stable, so I figured there's not much point serving a specific version to PwS users if we're going to update anyway just because non-PwS users have.

Anyway, people can select v0.9.6 on PwS and it won't update until they manually select a different version, so we can tell them to do that and not change it until we say to in the PwS thread. That seems easier as it doesn't rely on me updating the profile every time a new version is released, which might be a problem if I'm away on holiday or something. We can check tonight that everyone using PwS knows to do this and is subscribed to the PwS thread (and again on Sunday for anyone who's not around tonight), so I don't think it should be a problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4