Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 Required Addons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(10-23-2014, 11:56 AM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but you did say we should update because people were manually updating anyway and it would be harder to make them rollback, not because it's been shown to be stable, so I figured there's not much point serving a specific version to PwS users if we're going to update anyway just because non-PwS users have.
Ok, I see I created a confusion. Let me explain what I think is the best policy: I think we should update only once a version proves to be functional and stable. A version can be proved stable fast by reviewieng test results of testers on the relevant thread. Our mistake was to update to 0.9.3 on a game night, before it proved stable.

(10-23-2014, 11:56 AM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, people can select v0.9.6 on PwS and it won't update until they manually select a different version, so we can tell them to do that and not change it until we say to in the PwS thread. That seems easier as it doesn't rely on me updating the profile every time a new version is released, which might be a problem if I'm away on holiday or something. We can check tonight that everyone using PwS knows to do this and is subscribed to the PwS thread (and again on Sunday for anyone who's not around tonight), so I don't think it should be a problem.

As long as we can prevent auto-update the second a new version is out, it's great. Sorry, I'm not very familiar with how PwS works.
(10-23-2014, 12:32 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I see I created a confusion. Let me explain what I think is the best policy: I think we should update only once a version proves to be functional and stable. A version can be proved stable fast by reviewieng test results of testers on the relevant thread. Our mistake was to update to 0.9.3 on a game night, before it proved stable.

I totally agree that's what we should do.
Quote:As long as we can prevent auto-update the second a new version is out, it's great. Sorry, I'm not very familiar with how PwS works.

Yep, the default setting when first adding a mod is "Latest Stable", so it will auto-update but once the user has set it to v0.9.6, it won't update until they manually select a different version, so it should be fine Smile
What do you guys think of the CSAT Modification Project? I think it would remove the sense of fighting space men from our sessions (or  fighting as space men).
(10-27-2014, 09:10 PM)HKFlash link Wrote: [ -> ]What do you guys think of the CSAT Modification Project? I think it would remove the sense of fighting space men from our sessions (or  fighting as space men).

Geez, please not!

The reason is that this is simply a set of retextured  NATO items with CSAT hex pattern.

The problem is that this completely erases any visual difference between NATO and CSAT. It's basically like the UAV's in A3: Same silhouette, just different colors. Try identifying your targets with NVGs, then... good luck with that.

Honestly, I don't mind the CSAT equipment, it may not be to everybodies liking,  but it's a change from the normal  everyday equipment you find in NATO. Plus, for the reasons above, I would strongly advise not to use something like that....
I understand and I love CSAT, I really do. I just don't like some of the infantry gear... but I guess you are right when it comes to the mod itself.
The problem I have is really identification... this isn't a problem of this mod per se, it's just that I think that it will make things much more difficult...

ASDG Joint Rails update[size=78%]http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23242[/size]
(12-05-2014, 03:15 AM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]
ASDG Joint Rails update[size=78%]http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23242[/size]
http://ciahome.net/forum/cia-dedicated-s.../#msg28463
Pages: 1 2 3 4