Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Star Citizen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thank you Den.

I have not explored every corner of computer gaming yet, but 200 something $ for a ship? I haven't seen anything like it yet.

To the best of my knowledge, what you need is a pledge package, like this one. This will give you Beta access. However, I don't think that there is any package anymore with "Alpha" access. You would need that to get things like the Hangar Module, Arena Commander, etc. Beta access does not include that. Beta access will only give you access to your ship in the hangar, which is kind of cool but not a game at all.

You can get access to the Arena Commander module by paying an extra 4 Euros for the AC Access pass (here). So right now, the cheapest entry into Star Citizen is (if I am not mistaken) 32 Euros.

To reiterate, you must have purchased a game package (in the store under "Game Packages") with a ship, and the AC Access Pass (extra 4 Euros) in order to "play" the game right now. Play means you can run around in the hangar looking at your ship and fly it in Arena commander (which includes online matches against players, AI matches against bots, and a Racing mode).

Relevant links:
Thank you Alwarren, that was very thorough info. I think I'll pick the option that offers me to try the most things without paying much, if it's possible, just to try the game before committing more. 
(12-27-2014, 01:56 AM)Misha link Wrote:Thank you Alwarren, that was very thorough info. I think I'll pick the option that offers me to try the most things without paying much, if it's possible, just to try the game before committing more.
Most of the packages can be upgraded later, so going for the lowest price is the best idea :-)
I just bought the HULL-A, didn't realize it didn't include the game so i guess i have to buy the mustang aswell.
A huge step forward for my gaming, a big set back for my wallet.
(04-26-2015, 07:05 PM)Evans link Wrote:I just bought the HULL-A, didn't realize it didn't include the game so i guess i have to buy the mustang aswell.

Are you sure it does not include the game ? As far as I know, every starter kit includes the game as well
(04-26-2015, 07:05 PM)Evans link Wrote:I just bought the HULL-A, didn't realize it didn't include the game so i guess i have to buy the mustang aswell.

Yeah you need a game package, otherwise you don't get the game.
Well you get the game, but only after its release, not early access.
No the Hull-A is a limited concept sale and does not come with a game package. I sort of tricked him into buying it (I'm getting a percentage of the funding for SC). Now he has to buy a Mustang pack as well  Smile
And my two-ship armada will take over the galaxy!
Wow, just wow. This is going to be amazing!

Star Citizen 2.0 is out and showing off some things that you will be able to do later... well, first impression is of course that if you log into a server you get all kind of wierdos running around and goofing around, trying to board your ship, or doing crazy things (Alwarren was flying and suddenly he got a guy on his windshield, no kidding).

It feels great, though, to be able to finally board your ship and fly. I'm a backer since before it went to kickstarter, so I got my ship sitting in the hanger for over a year, and now I can climb into it and fly out. That's nice!

Can't wait to see the final game
Yeah me too. Citizen 41407 reporting for duty. 2.0 is certainly a big milestone, but as you say currently a lot of asshats running around. And my ship is still not flyable. I'm patient though  ;D
I've played 1.2 or 1.3 recently with my black widow flightstick and it was pretty good. Still waiting for some decent FPS though  :-\
(12-17-2015, 09:10 PM)Den link Wrote:I've played 1.2 or 1.3 recently with my black widow flightstick and it was pretty good. Still waiting for some decent FPS though  :-\

FPS is available now in 2.0  Wink
(12-18-2015, 01:24 PM)McGregor link Wrote:FPS is available now in 2.0  Wink

I'll give it a go when I update it but in original post I meant Frames per Second. I'm getting a low amount of FPS. Playing on low FPS is my nightmare.
Pages: 1 2 3