Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Mission testing thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks Valhalian!The missions that do not load require addons that we intend to add to the server. Once those are added they will be playable.
You might want to check the mission list when you play. This way you can avoid selecting missions that area known to not work:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...=en#gid=31
I'm already looking forward to having those addons added to the server Smile Thank you! I'll try to remember the mission list the next time we play with Hellhammer.

We played some more missions yesterday and I can definitely recommend the mission co@02_body_snatch.zargabad. It almost has a movie like atmosphere (reminded me of the series Strike Back)  8)
Great, I marked the mission as tested and good (green highlight). And I also see that you have commented the author's page, good job! Smile
83 new/updated missions on the server. Testing is welcome.

Valhalian/Hellhammer, do you have any feedback regarding the missions you played on the weekend?
(09-07-2014, 10:26 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]83 new/updated missions on the server. Testing is welcome.

Hm, stupid question: Does sorting the mission list work?

I am asking because I remember you saying that entering the stuff into the mission list takes the most time, and I thought it could be automated. The Google spreadsheet can import a CSV, so I could write a small program that scans a couple of pbo's for the data and generates a csv out of that for importing.  There are a couple of places that can be scanned for the mission description, author etc, so it shouldn't be difficult to come up with something. It would probably require looking over the extracted data once, but it should considerably shorten the time.

Would that be helpful?
(09-07-2014, 12:42 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]I am asking because I remember you saying that entering the stuff into the mission list takes the most time, and I thought it could be automated.
Inserting the missions file names takes a second (I use Bulk Rename's feature to copy all filenames).
The time consuming part is going through each and every mission and adding its description and author. During that I also mark missions that look promising (in blue letters).

(09-07-2014, 12:42 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]The Google spreadsheet can import a CSV, so I could write a small program that scans a couple of pbo's for the data and generates a csv out of that for importing.  There are a couple of places that can be scanned for the mission description, author etc, so it shouldn't be difficult to come up with something. It would probably require looking over the extracted data once, but it should considerably shorten the time.

Would that be helpful?
Yes, it would be helpful because it will automate the process for all missions that their authors bothered to use the "Author" and "Description" fields. I could always do it manually for the rest as I do now but it will cut-down my time and effort! I extract the mission anyway to remove the "briefingName" field so that wouldn't be a problem.
Are you looking for description inside ext files? My program can do it, i just started to work on it again, however I believe Alwarren can implement csv stuff more quickly.
(09-07-2014, 10:26 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Valhalian/Hellhammer, do you have any feedback regarding the missions you played on the weekend?

Great to see so many new missions! We've only tried a few.

The mission co@05_ghosthawk_down.altis seems to be working. We didn't complete it, but is working.

Co02_cold_winter_night.altis features VAS and respawn. We didn't continue playing it, but is working.

Co02_the_cut_throat.altis seems to be a part of a series of missions. Wasn't really my taste  Smile It seems to be working.

The mission co@05_75th_rangers.altis doesn't have AI for JIP. Looks to be a good mission and it seems to be working. Though, like its mentioned in the Mission List, the insertion is a little too long  :'(

Co@04_operation_voltage_eel.altis was a fun mission. We were able to complete the objectives, but the extraction chopper didn't take off.

I'd recommend Outlawz' mission co@08_otl7_death_zone.mountains_acr. I really enjoyed this one.
Thanks a lot! Mission list updated with all your input.
We played some more missions this week and this is what we found out.

- co@06_siege_of_chernarus.chernarus does work as a mission, but the 1st task doesn't work (the disable Wifi option from action menu doesn't work)
- co02_drug_runner.altis, is working, though there is no briefing and no tasks, I'm sure I won't be opening a delivery business  Sad
- co02_elements_of_breath.altis works, but is very strange, if you want something different than a combat mission  Smile
- co02_escape_from_pyrgos.altis works, though contains a bad link, also has no briefing nor tasks, not many pointers
- co02_freedom_mission_01.altis works, has no briefing, is a relatively simple mission which I enjoyed, we completed this one
- co02_freedom_mission_02.altis works, starts where 01 ends and takes it a step further
- co02_getting_tango.altis works, strangely we had a single mag each when we played it but when I tried alone I had full gear
- co02_helo_crash_rescue.altis, contains a bad link, has voice acting but no briefing, again problem with gear, when I was alone everything was there
102 new missions or mission updates on the server. Mission list updated, testing appreciated.
Alias, Valhalian, all the missions you marked on the list as "doesn't load", were they "bad static for broken link"?
I didn't get any message, we were just dropped back in the lobby, but the reason could i wasn't admin.
Maybe Val got a message.
I'd try running it twice since some of my missions also kickyou back to lobby but you'll run it a second time. They're on AIA TP islands.
Need to try all these missions without logs enabled. If the problem is links to static objects they will work then
Pages: 1 2 3