Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - CO 15 Oil Protection Services
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Situation: ISIS have stolen many new tanks for their future agenda of terrorist warfare. The good news is that they don't have any oil to move those tanks around. The bad news is, they're heading to this big oil derreck right now to take this oil. We must deny them of oil. Any assets that ISIS can obtain will be detrimental to the future as they execute and behead more what they call infidels. Unfortunately, the rest of the US Army aren't near the oil field. ISIS are on the move as fast as possible and we need to retaliate now. The only men that are near the oil derreck are a squad of nine 75th rangers, two snipers, a ghosthawk, and a little bird. Good thing we have hell of a lot more firepower than them, but they got massive numbers for this attack.

Mission: Defend the oil derreck from ISIS.

Enemies: ISIS soldiers with AKs, RPKs, PKs, and such weaponry without optics (except SVD).

Assets: High tech stuff and lots of ammo.

Required Addons: RHS, AiA Terrain Pack

Optional Addons: FHQ Accessories
Updated mission.

I added addons requirement for FHQ M4, Accessories, and Massi African Conflict

I tested after and it seems to launch and work. The second time I try I got booted back to the lobby then I try picking the mission again and it works. Overall it seems to work on the server. All mission on Desert map gets the no config error stuff including Outlawz's mission in the desert. I played through a bit with the AI and it works to me.
This should be a drone strike mission. ONLY drone strikes with no infantry action
Infact if you do want an infantry mission, there was an night time actual operation by delta team to rescue the US citizen Foaley that failed because he wasn't in the compound. He was eventually executed by a pen knife, poor dog.
(09-30-2014, 10:25 AM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]This should be a drone strike mission. ONLY drone strikes with no infantry action
What should or should not be a an infantry mission should be dictated by the question "what would be fun" and not by pure military logic.
(09-30-2014, 11:12 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]What should or should not be a an infantry mission should be dictated by the question "what would be fun" and not by pure military logic.

Exactly. By pure military logic, most warfare in 2035 would be drone based anyway.
I said drone strikes because thats the preferred U.S method of attacking terrorists, and this is a caricature of real life warfare against ISIS in 2014.
(09-30-2014, 05:53 PM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]I said drone strikes because thats the preferred U.S method of attacking terrorists, and this is a caricature of real life warfare against ISIS in 2014.

You didn't, by chance, watch "Last Week Tonight"? Wink
Mission kick back to lobby isn't on my end. I just pick it again and it works on the server. The first time go back to lobby, but after that it works. I think it has something to do with AiA Terrain Pack.

Anyways, I updated with ISIS uniform now. Maybe they look like a bit like stormtrooper in blacks but that's how ISIS dress up.
Sniper has no scope in this mission, and way too little ammo to be able to do anything.
Nice mission Phantom. Could use a little bit more position, and twists like the offroad attack that managed to get some of us and got really close.
(10-16-2014, 09:37 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Sniper has no scope in this mission, and way too little ammo to be able to do anything.
Strange, I remember having a Leupoid scope when I pick sniper to test out from the FHQ accessories pack. I can confirm I have the Leupoid scope from the FHQ accessories pack the last time I tested the mission. There's 8 extra 5rd mags for it (almost full inventory, I guess I can put about 2 more) or give you a M107 .50 cal instead. Any other suggestions?

@Variable (the font size went microscopic so can't quote)

What'd you meant by this?
I meant it was a bit too easy. With our optics we mowed them down before they even managed to fire back.
Well only that 10 off roads with machine guns spawned directly on top of the sniper team and mowed us down like nothing. We didn't stand a chance, and it felt quite unfair.
(10-17-2014, 10:08 AM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Well only that 10 off roads with machine guns spawned directly on top of the sniper team and mowed us down like nothing. We didn't stand a chance, and it felt quite unfair.

I guess that's the usual case of the mission designer not anticipating that someone was there Big Grin I know that feeling all too well...

Phantom, you might want to spawn those trucks way out of the map to make sure they won't suddenly appear on top of everyone...
Pages: 1 2