Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CO17 Operation Wetworks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Neutralize the AA site and push an assault through the front line with jet CAS support.

Situation
In the continued campaign to defend Altis from the CSAT invasion, AAF forces have requested the help of NATO in the battle effort. CSAT armies have taken over the North East side of the country and have established a border of enemy territory. Intel on CSAT comms suggest they holding the area for reinforcements to arrive before they move further down South. We have to launch a counter attack to push back the front line and gain as much ground as we can before CSAT receives military reinforcements.

Mission
NATO spec ops will infiltrate behind enemy forces via SDV to avoid detection and disable the Tigris. AAF forces will target the CSAT airfield and steal the aircraft to use against the front line while the rest rendezvouswith NATO. Once the Tigris site has been neutralized, give AAF the clear to fly in at the nearby town, join groups and attack the frontline with jet support.
Our drone team operating from the Airport will assist both squads by providing them with aerial recon and ATGV missile strikes. All teams have long range radios.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=315795113
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=315794720
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=315794511
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=322630135 

This is my latest attempt at designing a mission that requires a joint effort from separate teams over as large a scale as i could imagine, the map markers should give you some idea. You have to complete each of your objectives in order or else the mission cannot be completed as you will be either a liability or an asset to the other teams, aka teamwork between teams. It is a 17 man mission including a main assault force(9), Spec ops(6) and UAV support team for both teams(2). Everything from diving, armor, jets, helicopters, uav, infantry and moreSmile

Mission has to run with TFR or there will be script error, please test mission on server before hosting(just to be sure).
Hey Watchmen, you said something about packing the wrong version for this one. Let me know once you have the correct one on and I'll install it on the server. Looking forward to finally play it! Smile
Revive script + fixes
Thanks! Did you overcome the performance problems you had with it?
Yes
- Fixed floating guy in the water(sorry lol)
- Removed surprise ambush
- Improved minefield
Thabks watchmen. As explained before, please keep one file per thread. Update the first post instead of attaching a new one.
Error message when mission loads - "Script scripts\module_performance\init.sqf not found". We are trying the mission now, will let you know how it go.
Good mission overall, but one criticism some of us had was that the objectives for both team seem a bit unequal.  For example, taking the medical station takes far less time than the AAF having multiple objectives and having to hoof it over several KM to finally get to the airfield, all while NATO is waiting for air support (which is absolutely necessary to complete the mission).

One suggestion might be to have AAF start closer to the airfield and have that be the first objective.  That seems a bit more congruent between teams.
Played as drone operator.

-Southern K-40 blows up on connecting.

-Darter UAV hasn't got the fuel or speed for this kind of mission.

-The enemy helicopter circling above the Gulf of Pyrgos destroyed my other UAV when I landed.

Way too large distances between objectives, it took us 2:45 hrs and AAF got wiped out.

Good mission, had some fun as it was very action packed. Long mission but it was good and enjoyed it. Keep up good work.  ;D
Played as NATO lead, we managed to get to the beach intact by swimming. Lost two guys at the assault on the medical station, took ammo and weapons and moved on. Waiting for the AAF, and using the the UAV for recon, we engaged with mortar the enemies that were in the open south of the front lines. When the AAF was wiped out we took the Mohawk and flew to the airbase along with the UAV operators, cleared it and used the jets to engage the armor at the front lines. Then we called if completed and ended it. Good mission but way too long.
Advice in making joint ops scenarios working on 2 ends of an island. If one team is AI, its fine if the time are different since humans waiting isn't optimal for a coop night. NATO forces objective are quick, AAF objective is too long so NATO have to wait a good long while until AAF gets to the airfield to head over to NATO. Too much walking distance for AAF to get to the airport and other objectives. NATO had a quick action so they have to wait. I'd cut down the mission for AAF to only attack the airfield. That way, the time succession would be in sync and the other team won't have to sit around for AAF to get over to NATO.

I also would just make destroy the armor for the frontline instead of take out all infantries as well.
(11-10-2014, 09:12 AM)Phantom link Wrote: [ -> ]Advice in making joint ops scenarios working on 2 ends of an island. If one team is AI, its fine if the time are different since humans waiting isn't optimal for a coop night. NATO forces objective are quick, AAF objective is too long so NATO have to wait a good long while until AAF gets to the airfield to head over to NATO. Too much walking distance for AAF to get to the airport and other objectives. NATO had a quick action so they have to wait. I'd cut down the mission for AAF to only attack the airfield. That way, the time succession would be in sync and the other team won't have to sit around for AAF to get over to NATO.

I also would just make destroy the armor for the frontline instead of take out all infantries as well.
That, or give the AAF a tank! Put some unmanned MRAPS in the airbase and allow the AAF use a heavy lifter chopper to ferry them to the front lines and use them in the attack on the front lines, they can't all fly the aircraft, anyway.

Thanks for the feedback guys and sorry for the late reply, i hope the mission was fun and at least every player had some action despite imbalances here and there...and the mission level progression being messed up from a designers standpoint(i hear nato had to fly back to AAF with a chopper that was meant to fly AAF to NATO instead)

Question: There were 10 player slots for the AAF, how many of them were filled and did you take the scopes/extra titan launcher at the beginning resupply area.
Also after looking through debriefing, it says AAF ran out of faks at one point, did the support supply drop menu work? because they could have used it to refill their medical supplies. However it shohuld only be available to the SL and TL, if they were dead perhaps thats why it wasnt used?

@variable, that module performance script was my solution to the low frames which by my carelessness was in the wrong location, i hope performance was not a problem despite my solution not working

PS: i hope you enjoyed the locations i chose for the mission, i spent a great deal of time considering and surveying altis for unique and "eye-catching" locations for this mission.

PSS: Would AAF have benefited with 2 medics instead of 1? The thing about large teams is the designated medical officer will have more casualties than he can handle during a heavy fire situation.
Pages: 1 2