Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Medics, wounds and general medical SOP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How about wearing a different helmet or vest to identify yourself as a medic in the event confusion and panic abounds during a firefight
(10-25-2014, 09:11 AM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]No, as I said, ammo is ok, being the RPG gunner/machine gunner/rambo-of-all-trades isn't as long as there's someone else free to do that.

Sorry, what I meant to say was is there any harm in the medic carrying a spare AT launcher, not just ammo?
(10-25-2014, 10:34 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]I also forgot the part that every time you are first aided in Psycho's AIS, remove any excessive FAK that spawned in your inventory.

Yeah, that's a pain and sadly it seems Psycho has quit modding, so it's unlikely to get fixed. I guess we should look at the other medical mods sometime and see if there's anything that works better.
FHQ got a new medical system in the works for us Big Grin
(10-25-2014, 06:57 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]FHQ got a new medical system in the works for us Big Grin

Cool  ;D
(10-25-2014, 06:57 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]FHQ got a new medical system in the works for us Big Grin

Tease  Tongue

Good news!

I'm wonder what this will be. As I have had an idea, not sure if this will be possible or not.

Here's my idea; Could we have the mk4_hud colour the name tag of a person who is wounded with % of how bad the wound is, for the medic.  This could cut the time down and make the medics job easier to spot who needs him 1st. Also if possible this should only be available for the medic only as its his job to know this info.
Excellent!
Will it be purely script based rather than mod based?
Something akin to Farooqs or Psycho's revive scripts but without the bugs would be fantastic.  Something that allows:
Stabilisation with FAKs to stop the bleed out timer
Carry/Drag/Load into vehicles
Customisation eg: medikit can only be used X times before consumption - X seconds until bleedout etc etc
I just want something that:

A) Doesn't bug out and not allow the medic to even Revive.

B) Doesn't plop 20+ FAKs into the inventory of someone who was revived.

8)
(01-14-2015, 06:26 AM)MavericK link Wrote: [ -> ]I just want something that:

A) Doesn't bug out and not allow the medic to even Revive.

B) Doesn't plop 20+ FAKs into the inventory of someone who was revived.

8)

A is an engine bug that has finally been assigned by BI... and Alwarren fixed B AFAIK. But since Psycho is a script set, missions need to be updated
Yeah I fixed the fucking FAK's Big Grin

I'll pack up the scripts later today for everyone.
Maybe we can use Misha's Project Swissknife or have an update on that to include a patch for psycho revive script and run through all the missions.
(01-14-2015, 03:47 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I fixed the fucking FAK's Big Grin

I'll pack up the scripts later today for everyone.

Yay, but what about the fire damage? Or does fixing that go so far it'd be better to write a new revive script?  Tongue
(01-14-2015, 11:49 PM)Outlawz7 link Wrote: [ -> ]Yay, but what about the fire damage? Or does fixing that go so far it'd be better to write a new revive script?  Tongue

I'll check if I can fix it, but it is difficult.
Pages: 1 2 3