Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Medics, wounds and general medical SOP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Any more teasers on the new medical system? PMC Versus will most definitely use it as soon as it's out!
I'll update oil leak as soon as that is out, I already patch some other stuff but haven't test on dedi or upload yet (I'll do so tomorrow if its out)
(01-15-2015, 08:39 AM)Fuiba link Wrote: [ -> ]Any more teasers on the new medical system? PMC Versus will most definitely use it as soon as it's out!

No, sorry.

Right now, it's only crawling forward with me having other things on my plate, too. I was doing CUP work this week and I would like to push that forward a bit, now with kju leaving and all, we want to send some clear message that CUP is going to continue...

So it won't really surface for some time.
(01-15-2015, 10:51 AM)Varanon link Wrote: [ -> ]Right now, it's only crawling forward with me having other things on my plate, too. I was doing CUP work this week and I would like to push that forward a bit, now with kju leaving and all, we want to send some clear message that CUP is going to continue...

So it won't really surface for some time.

Well we are eagerly waiting anyway Smile
(01-15-2015, 12:32 PM)Fuiba link Wrote: [ -> ]Well we are eagerly waiting anyway Smile

I can tell you what I want to have in it:

First of all, it should be similar to Arma 2: Getting hit enough will cause agony state and only allow you to crawl and do simple tasks.

Secondly, I want to add pain: If you get wounded, your pain level will rise, even if you are subsequently treated. The pain can be cured with morphine, but as long as you don't, it will limit your vision (blurry) and will not recover stamina beyond a certain point.

Thirdly, shock: If you receive more damage than a certain threshold in ONE hit, you drop unconcious. You will wake up after some time, or if someone administers Epinephrine.

Lastly, bleeding: If you receive damage to vital parts (head, chest), you start bleeding (maybe even legs and arms, but with a lower rate, then). Bleeding will drain your stamina and stamina will no longer recover at all, until you are bandaged.

This is all planned features, of course, feel free to comment on them.
Please continue the discussion regarding the future medical script on this topic:
http://ciahome.net/forum/addons-mods/fut...t/new/#new
I come across this every time I play as the medic:

Whenever we move in column the medic is always at the back, where he is the least likely to be the first to be mowed down in an ambush. But when we expect contact and assume a wedge or a line formation my question is: Should the medic stay behind the formation and rather stay safe or should he add his firepower to the group by moving with the formation but thus exposing himself? The thing is also that when the order is given to change from column to say wedge he is usually the last to fall into the formation (as he was at the back), so he finds himself on either of the flanks, now vulnerable to flanking.

What do you think?
(02-06-2015, 01:45 AM)Valhalian link Wrote: [ -> ]I come across this every time I play as the medic:

Whenever we move in column the medic is always at the back, where he is the least likely to be the first to be mowed down in an ambush. But when we expect contact and assume a wedge or a line formation my question is: Should the medic stay behind the formation and rather stay safe or should he add his firepower to the group by moving with the formation but thus exposing himself? The thing is also that when the order is given to change from column to say wedge he is usually the last to fall into the formation (as he was at the back), so he finds himself on either of the flanks, now vulnerable to flanking.

What do you think?

I generally prefer to keep the medic in the middle of the column when I'm leading, to avoid him being picked off by an enemy to our six. I would say that when expecting contact and moving to line formation, rather than line up with everyone else he should remain a bit behind and then when engaged, move slightly off either side of the line, so that he's not in the front line but still has a clear line of sight in front of him to add his firepower. When moving in a wedge, I would suggest him staying safe in the middle of it, behind the leader and if engaged I guess we usually move into a line anyway, so as above, he can position behind and to one side of the line and return fire.

Of course, he should advise the person who's nearest in front of him that he's at his five or seven o'clock, so that person can avoid moving into his line of fire!

Heck, most of the time the medic's too busy patching up the rest of us to do much else anyway Wink
(02-06-2015, 03:09 AM)doveman link Wrote: [ -> ]Heck, most of the time the medic's too busy patching up the rest of us to do much else anyway Wink

Hehe

Sounds good doveman  Smile
I think we need a little reminder of this thread  Wink  Please read people
OP edited guys, please read.
Pages: 1 2 3