Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CO12 - Spy vs. Spy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
CO12 - SPY VS SPY

Summary: FIA Rebels have finally slipped up and allowed CSAT to turn a member into a CI. He's advised us a meeting has just taken place outside Paros. In order to locate their remaining rebel camp, CSAT needs to follow their truck from the air. Once the camp has been located, take out the militia scum and their weapon cache.

Vanilla. FFV friendly.

Download
First RHS mission from Etzu and now first FFV! Thanks! Uploading.
We tried this on Thursday, great concept, good atmosphere!

However, some issues:
We spotted one pick-up truck leaving the city, we followed it and it moved north then west not far from the coastline. At one point they just stopped in nowhere. We took them out (first time firing from a bench for me!) and regrouped with the other little-bird team that lost a truck which was moving north-east. Can someone from the other team explained what happened there? I just remember that we had a "enemy base found" message with no good reason.
(11-16-2014, 03:23 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]We spotted one pick-up truck leaving the city, we followed it and it moved north then west not far from the coastline. At one point they just stopped in nowhere. We took them out (first time firing from a bench for me!) and regrouped with the other little-bird team that lost a truck which was moving north-east. Can someone from the other team explained what happened there? I just remember that we had a "enemy base found" message with no good reason.

Knight thought he had spotted a truck leaving town on the route we designated "Route 5" (the Kavala Highway I think). He was the only one though, but it might have been that there was a truck and that it had turned out the lights. We stayed near the town, until I proposed to see if we can find it again, so we followed the road north-east. At one point we go the message about having found the camp, and I *thought* I had seen something a bit off the road near the Sofia power plant, but wasn't sure. I told Outlawz to fly towards it, but there we got the Mission Failed message.
I think the issues were all from the lower viewdistance than I use. I didn't anticipate that, therefore you're having a harder time seeing the vehicles and got detected. I'll have to re-do the mission with that in mind...
Updated.

Hopefully this solves the issues experienced last run. Same download link.
Updade uploaded. Thanks Etzu.
Great mission! Loved the camp spotting and assault. We had some awesome firefights.
One comment - leave the 50.cal unlocked, it's not logical for them to be locked if they was manned by the enemy a minute ago.
Nice one buddy. Thank you!

I'll write a bug report ASAP.
Nice mission thanks, found it a bit impossible to shoot down the enemy chopper at the end though. Maybe if the .50 cal was unlocked we could manage it with that.
the flying is fun ; died too soon to experience the whole mission : )
(12-04-2014, 11:18 PM)alias link Wrote: [ -> ]Nice one buddy. Thank you!

I'll write a bug report ASAP.

Really like the mission, but I think that you should consider changing the following:

1) Use Taru's instead of Littlebirds. Not only is that a genuine CSAT chopper, it also means all team member can contribute shooting from the vehicle.
2) Put the teams apart a bit at the start to make it clearer who goes where
3) The chopper chase at the end is really difficult, using slower helicopters might be a good idea. It is very VERY hard to hit the chopper due to non-locality - the pilot and hence the chopper is on a different machine, so the movement is pretty jerky.

Other than that, a very creative mission Smile
back with bug report...

Loadout script bugged by Psycho script, not sure tho, but at some point i wasn't able to pick a weapon. I tried drop mine but i just kept an infinite amount of weapons while the gun was still in my inventory i couldn't use it in any way.
Also, i wasn't able to get in helicopter after getting the weapon bug. I'm 80% sure last patch broke Psycho script even more.
Updated

- .50cal is now unlocked
- Corrected loadout (hopefully to avoid primaryweapon duplication)

In regards to Taru instead of MH-9, the issue is the detection is so much greater. The premise of the mission is to be as stealthy as possible, so I simply updated briefing that the MH-9's are stolen.
Thanks Etzu! Do we still need to take down an enemy LB? Because it seems almost impossible (see Alwarren's post) How about having one Littlebird and one Taru?
Pages: 1 2