Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: Arma 3 - PMC Versus: Oriens (co10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
    [Image: 075733E7D43F39248ACDC622C77E0777C7A19CFF]

Background:
    Political tensions seasoned with the occasional armed incidents has been mounting up in the Podagorsk peninsula in south-eastern Moldova for the last two years. The consensus in the region is that the US government and the West-European media have greatly exaggerated the aggressions and violence in the peninsula and that the Moldovian government is justified and able to handle its conflicts on its own. Nevertheless four months ago NATO decided the intervene and send peacekeepers to solve the conflict despite the protests of the European Union and the Russian Federation. It has been speculated that the reason for stabilizing the situation in Podagorsk are the peninsula's abundant reserves of nickel and bauxite.

The NATO occupation was estimated to be quick even though the Russian Federation did not allow NATO presence in the Black Sea for the exception of one aircraft carrier. Four months after the advance began from the north of the peninsula, NATO front lines have not been able to make real progress towards the southern parts of Podagorsk where the minerals are mined. Almost the entirety of the peninsula's population has been united under an ancient slavic religious movement, ?????? ?????? ??????? ???????????? (????, pronounce 'SRGA') and the movement is fiercely defending the southern parts of Podagorsk. NATO high command believes that the Russian Federation is providing the locals with military grade weapons, vehicles and training since a great deal of the Black Sea region is controlled by the Russian Federation.

NATO combat research estimates that the ???? combatants number up to 800 and more are joining the cause from as far as northern Europe. The ???? forces have been able to defend the peninsula against everything the NATO forces have thrown at them. As the eyes the the whole Europe and Russia are upon the situation and the peacekeeping forces must also keep the Moldovian government from interfering, the NATO high command has hired a small but apparently effective Belarussian private military company to expedite the occupation.

The PMC will be placed directly under NATO forces' local high command, Lt.Col. William K. Gobbler and given command over the NATO's battalion sized force in the peninsula. The PMC's relationship with NATO will be denied in order to maintain relations with the Russian Federation and media. The Lt.Col. has heard that the PMC in question is not afraid to get their hands dirty if there's money involved. And there is.

Mission content:
  • Operation MMCCXXII Nihil: Ambush enemy QRF and help NATO forces break through the enemy lines.
  • Operation Strangulatus: Hunt down routed hostile forces.
  • Operation Clasis Echium: Assist NATO forces in taking out enemy MBTs on the western flank.
  • Operation Carboneum Atrum: Scout enemy positions for NATO spearhead and support the attack.
  • Operation Anticus Obscurus: Find and destroy guerilla camps.
  • Operation Pars Mortalis: Assassinate a ???? high priest.
  • Operation Relicta Greges: Find a crashed NATO plane and rescue the crew from behind enemy lines.
  • Operation Imber Sempiternus: Seize and hold a service depot near the enemy front line.
  • Operation Tempestas Particularum: Lead an armored assault through enemy lines.
  • Operation Refragatio Terminalis: Ambush a ???? reinforcement convoy.
  • Operation In Eremo: Prevent the enemy spec-ops from destroying NATO mobile artillery.
  • Operation Chirurgia Arcanus: Assist the NATO spec-ops in eliminating the second ???? high priest.
  • Operation Ultio Obtingens: Help the NATO forces hold the front line against ???? offensive.
  • Operation Inter Lupos: Exfiltrate a NATO captain from Berezniki while the town is being overrun.
  • Operation Divisi Cademus: Reach the exfiltration point and leave for friendly lines.
  • Operation Tenebra Albae: Prevent the enemy ground-assault planes from taking off.
  • Operation Excitandi Infernos: Coordinate a combined operation to capture enemy airfield.
  • Operation Rati In Cuna: Kill the broadcast signal flooding the NATO channels.
  • Operation In Auro Fidimus: Rescue two NATO POWs from a bauxite refinery.
  • Operation Lucis Tyrannis: Prevent enemy forces from regrouping and seize the power plant.
  • Operation Mare Sonat: Eliminate the ???? military strategist and destroy mobile artillery.
  • Operation Aquae Virides: Clear the north-eastern flank for the NATO advance.
  • Operation Dies Tum Umbra: Extract intel from Zirnitra prior to seizing the town.
  • Operation Adversi Reges: Eliminate the last ???? high priest.

Required addons:
    CBA A3
    ASDG Joint Rails
    RHS: Escalation
    Community Upgrade Project - Weapons Pack
    All in Arma Terrain Pack
    Podagorsk

Subscribe in Steam Workshop or
    download version 2.46 from Dropbox.

Screenshots on Steam.

Changelog:
      • [li]Fixed mission #20 triggers and loadouts.
      [/li]

[li]Fixed mission #13 objectives, vehicle inconsistencies.
      • Fixed mission #17 trigger areas.
      • Minor tweaks for mission #19.
      [/li]

[li]Unified weapon loadouts in missions #6, #13, #20 and #24.
      • Reworked mission #13 primary objective.
      • Added ambient battlefield effects in missions #13, #14 and #24.
      [/li]

• [li]Balance tweaks and trigger fix for mission #13.
      [/li]

• [li]Configured map marker module in all missions except #15.
      [/li]

[li]Added muzzle brakes in mission #5.
      • Fixed high priest surrender, Dagger waypoints, briefing typos and enemy uniforms in mission #12.
      [/li]

[li]Added the last two new missions.
      • Added a grenade launcher to demolition expert in mission #3.
      • Added radio designations for high priests in missions #6 and #12.
      [/li]

[li]Added two new missions.
      • Fixed AI behaviour in missions #12 and #14.
      • Fixed helicopter trigger in mission #19.
      • Added LRTV to team leader in mission #19.
      • Major balance tweaks for mission #20.
      [/li]

[li]Added one new mission.
      • Changed enemy uniforms in mission #12.
      • Added muzzle brakes to mission #10.
      • Tweaked ending triggers in mission #6.
      • Changed captain's uniform in mission #14.
      • Fixed briefing in mission #19.
      [/li]

• [li]Fixed dedicated loadout issues (thanks Alwarren!)
      [/li]

• [li]Added one new mission.
      [/li]

• Added more AT weapons to mission #4.
      • Removed extra crew in mission #7.
      • Added more rockets and more enemies to mission #10.
      • Changed the truck to US model in mission #11.
      • Delayed the initial attack more in mission #13.
      • Replaced HMMVW's with MRAP's in mission #14.
      • Added more empty vehicles and friendly engineer to mission #17.
      [/li]

• [li]Added two new missions.
      [/li]

• Fixed mission #14 briefing.
      • Changed mission #11 truck to older model.
      • Little tweaks for mission #6.
      [/li]

• Fixed mission #11 briefing.
      • NVG loadout fixes for dedicated servers.
      [/li]

• Balanced mission #10. It was too easy.
      • Little tweaks and bug fixes throughout.
      [/li]

• Fixed some loadout issues.
      • Fixed briefing typos.
      [/li]

• Tweaked mission objectives in mission #2.
      • Fixed some briefing typos in mission #5.
      [/li]

• [li]Fixed missing items.
      [/li]

[li]Added three missions.
      • Fixed some briefing typos.
      • Fixed crew uniforms in mission #2.
      • Fixed loadouts thoughout.
      • Changed ending triggers to newer ones.
      • Reworked loadout management for dedicated servers (thanks Alwarren and Varanon!)
      [/li]

[li]Added two missions.
      • Set all AI skills with setSkill in all missions.
      [/li]

[li]Added one mission.
      [/li]

I know you don't have Podagorsk on the server and the map view with textures on suffers from some strange tiling. Hopefully you guys consider adding Podagorsk to the server, it's an awesome map although it's only about one third of the size of Chernarus. Even though Chernarus is one of my all time favourite maps, I know it pretty well and some locations, especially along the coast are getting quite boring.

The mission pack is quite addon-heavy which I don't like but I'm planning on making a sizeable pack and a lot of missions require a lot of different gear and vehicles to keep things interesting and varied. Some missions will suffer from the occasional bugs of RHS but hopefully they'll be fixed in the near future.

I have more than a dozen missions semi-ready but still without briefings and extensive testing.

Here are the translations for the mission names:
[*]MMCCXXII Nihil = 2222 nothing
[*]Strangulatus = Suffocated
[*]Clasis Echium = Fleet of echoes
[*]Carboneum Atrum = Black carbon
[*]Anticus Obscurus = Primeval dark
[*]Pars Mortalis = Mortal share
[*]Relicta Greges = Derelict herds
[*]Imber Sempiternus = Eternal rains
[*]Tempestas Particularum = Particle storm
[*]Refragatio Terminalis = Final resistance
[*]In Eremo = In the wilderness
[*]Chirurgia Arcanus = Esoteric surgery
[*]Ultio Obtingens = Vengeance descending
[*]Inter Lupos = Among wolves
[*]Divisi Cademus = Divided we fall
[*]Tenebra Albae = White darkness
[*]Excitandi Infernos = Waking up the damned
[*]Rati In Cuna = Rats in the cradle
[*]In Auro Fidimus = In gold we trust
[*]Lucis Tyrannis = Reign of light
[*]Mare Sonat = Ocean speaks
[*]Aquae Virides = Green waters
[*]Dies Tum Umbra = Day and then the shade
[*]Adversi Reges = Dead end kings
I've been so looking forward to this... Yay! A new deployment! What's the fee? Working for NATO aye? Don't they mind we killed a bunch of them in Chernarus back in the day? Wink
Don't be silly, we'd willingly install even a maleware had it been required for a mission pack made by you, and Podagorsk is great.
Looking forward to it! Expect Podagorsk to be added to the CiA addon pack shortly.
(01-09-2015, 06:15 PM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]What's the fee? Working for NATO aye? Don't they mind we killed a bunch of them in Chernarus back in the day? Wink

Oh right, I totally forgot about the comissions Smile

PMC Versus will naturally deny all involvement in what happened in Chernarus or Finland Smile Versus combatants never carry any insignia or dogtags, weapons have no serial numbers and the company name is never mentioned over the radio. This makes it possible for Versus to even fight on both sides of a conflict without the other side knowing - they are not working to win a war but to make money.

I've also added a new mission.
Podagorsk and Oriens missions installed!
(01-12-2015, 11:43 AM)Variable link Wrote: [ -> ]Podagorsk and Oriens missions installed!

Good stuff! I'll release an update for the Bohemia's AI bug this week along with at least one mission. It's already on Steam.
Hiya, I've added a new version with two new missions and set the AI's skills with setSkill in all four missions to counter the dedicated server AI skill bug. The link is in the op.

Also, Variable has shown interest in the mission name translations in the past and they can be found in the second post.

Expect new missions some time next week!
Amazing first mission so far!. Loved it.  8)
Nice on buddy, good atmosphere!
Thanks for an other great one Fuiba! Keep em coming
Yay for saving Moldovian flowers! Big Grin Nice mission!

One thing, McGregor (slot 5) started out butt naked. I think it might be an issue with early initialization. How do you assign the loadouts?
The first mission is really a great teaser. Loved every second of it! We bumped into an enemy tent encampment and it became bloody, it really felt like we surprised them. The atmosphere was great and the Versus operators look badass! Smile
Thanks Fuiba, looking forward to the rest of it!
Great action and pace, also the setting (and backstory)!
Thank you all for feedback, you guys seem to be the only ones who give any sort of feedback Smile I'm glad you guys liked it.

(01-16-2015, 01:01 AM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ]Yay for saving Moldovian flowers! Big Grin Nice mission!

One thing, McGregor (slot 5) started out butt naked. I think it might be an issue with early initialization. How do you assign the loadouts?

I do all the loadouts old school with the units' init-field. I just checked and noticed nothing out of the ordinary in 5's slot. Everything works well with the loadouts at my end. Any suggestions on how to make this piece of shit work since the Editor's Preview is next to useless? Big Grin
Well as we loaded the mission I crashed and had to restart and JIP into the briefing. Might that have had any thing to do with my clothing situation?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14