Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: New Terrain @ E3!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(06-15-2015, 03:32 PM)doveman link Wrote:I find it hard to believe the current engine could produce anything looking that good, so maybe the expansion will come with a new engine.

I have my doubts as well, it's also a matter of resources. While some improvements will certainly make it into the game, they lack the manpower to pull something like the VBS3 video off, plus it needs to stay playable with today's hardware.

Realistically, since water reflections are apparently confirmed, I would want things like

- AI improvements (requirement for decent jungle fights)
- More assets, civilian and otherwise
- Fast roping (come on, how are you going to insert into a jungle without it)
- New scripting engine. There had been rumors about a new scripting enigne in Take on Mars that might make it into Arma
- Improved attachment system (not very likely)

But who knows; BI are working on a new engine which should be used for DayZ, and maybe they intend to use it for Expansion as well. Best thing is to expect nothing and see what we get Smile
So there it is Tanoa:
Jay Crowe mentioned on the PC Gaming show that DX12 will be implemented and some sort of performance gain is to be expected. How big we can only speculate but it can only be for the better  ;D
All that grass is going to impede frame rate performance if you have atoc on.
Far as i heard DX12 will be able to make ARMA use more than one CPU core which will be great. I really hope the rumors are true Smile
(06-17-2015, 06:36 PM)alias link Wrote:Far as i heard DX12 will be able to make ARMA use more than one CPU core which will be great. I really hope the rumors are true Smile

I hope that will be the case but I honestly have doubts about performance still...

It does look great and I will get it but I was surprised by the 2016 release date. Expected it soonish.
(06-17-2015, 06:36 PM)alias link Wrote:Far as i heard DX12 will be able to make ARMA use more than one CPU core which will be great. I really hope the rumors are true Smile

No that isn't true. Arma will still use only what it uses right now. The point of DX12 is to reduce the overhead of the graphics driver by making general state of a program more in line with hardware state, making it possible to re-use state changes as well as balancing the CPU/GPU load better. It will free up CPU cycles on a CPU that is rendering, but it will not make Arma use more cores unless Arma is modified to use more cores.
Island Thunder 2
Pages: 1 2 3