Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: 30 min mission pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
It has base respawn + some kind of revive system and more like a gamemode.
CO15 Mike station

Attack Air station mike on stratis and destroy the radar. Orca and Csat UGV included.
I don't add revive to these missions because i want to encourage non-risky alert behavior for short intense periods instead of a long drawn out mission of perpetual battles.
Next will include some form of diving and and a coastline assault from the sea. Does anybody have a good idea where and what map to hold this mission and do you guys want a diver medic unit?
Thanks! Mission uploaded, thanks Watchmen. If you could adhere to the mission naming standards I'd be very thankful. See this new CiA Mission Naming Standards thread.
I think Altis is the best choice for a diving mission, since it and Stratis are the only ones that were designed with interesting underwater environment, but I might be wrong. Medic is always good.
Unless you have something specific in mind I'd say always add a medic in squad. Adds a dimension to the gameplay, like protect the medic, call the medic, wait for the medic, find injured etc all these things will bring another tactical element, but of course depends on the mission you have in mind.
Its just a simple attack a base near the coast and do some objective. If there was revive i wouldnt add the diver medic, for some reason the diver medic class was removed after Arma 3 left Alpha.

The thing is medics cannot heal underwater and only serve their purpose on land. Which is strange from a gameplay perspective, why cant the injection thingy be done underwater? contamination?
CO14 30m Frogs

A diver team assassinates an officer and the scientist working for him.

Not sure if i got the naming right variable, the pbo file name becomes the mission list name?
(12-05-2015, 02:09 PM)Watchmen link Wrote: [ -> ]CO14 30m Frogs

A diver team assassinates an officer and the scientist working for him.

Not sure if i got the naming right variable, the pbo file name becomes the mission list name?
Uploaded! Thanks.
Naming: you got it right except for the capital A on Altis, should be lower case too. Thanks for adhering to our naming standards.
Sorry i didn't reply to comments about Kamino_range, factory_defence and fog_of_war. I wasn't around when they were played, but if the mission was failed, latest versions are on the first post. Leave a comment to let me know if you play the other missions when im not present along with noted problems, thanks.
Frogs
Great great mission. I loved it, exactly what we need more of. Simple, quick, and yet requires cooperation and planning. Great move with moving the enemy divers into the boats to target our backs when we surface.
Several issues:
1. I'd remove the extra armor on the enemies, it kills the immersion.
2. a patrol of two on the west side was completely oblivious and kept on walking calmly when hell broke loose around them.
3. The officer was moving outside the building.
4. Recommend reducing enemy divers view distance to make them less lethal. It seems they can see the players before they are in view distance.
Thank you for playing, sorry if it didn't go well and for the issues. I can't fix the mission as im overseas on holiday and will be until next year.

I don't expect anyone to attempt to, but in the unlikely case, anyone can edit my missions without my permission, to fix issues or change it into your own mission to make it more fun for players. Basically do whatever the hell you want.

Frogs

-Addressed problems
-Made boats and vehicles inaccessible
-Changed and reduced enemies
-A few script and presentation changes
Excellent. Updated!
Oh crap, we forgot to report that TFAR underwater radios have a very limited range on this mission. The mod author said it might be related to the sea wave height. Can you play with that a bit?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7