Comrades in Arms Discussion Board

Full Version: CUP Addons and RHS updated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please update the following mods for the next coop night:
Also, remove AiA Terrain Pack.
PwS and Arma3Sync profiles update pending.
(12-25-2015, 07:00 PM)Alwarren link Wrote: [ -> ].....
Also, remove AiA Terrain Pack...
and @A2_map_fixes ... ASCZ A2 Community Map Fixes  Wink
No, we still need those. They are for community maps like Podagorsk or McNools' islands, not for those in the terrain pack.
OK... then I wrong understood this  :o
Quote:Inclusion of ASCZ AIA TP Map Fixes
That is weird, Evro said they are not included. I will investigate.
Any info about this Alwarren?
Yeah, it's not integrated according to Evro, I asked him directly. So we still need that one.
Thanks for the clarification.
IMPORTANT!

Due to a bug in CUP_Terrains, some missions may not load.

To fix this issue, use the attached pbo and just drop it into you CUP_Terrains\addons folder, overwriting the one that already exists. This will be fixed in the next release of the terrains
Thanks for fast fix Alwarren  Smile ...add to A3Sync repo.
Does anyone have the issue where trying to use RHS updater only download with like <100 Kb/s constantly or by timing out? I've tried different times of day etc and still same result?  ???

Can't get the bloody addon updated.

Might just have to use the torrent method I guess.
Wondering why the preference of CUP_terrains over AIATP?  Not had any problems with AIATP, but have had one or two bugs with some of the CUP addons.
(12-30-2015, 12:25 AM)JGaz-UK link Wrote: [ -> ]Wondering why the preference of CUP_terrains over AIATP?  Not had any problems with AIATP have had on or two bugs with some of the CUP addons.

- AIA TP is no longer maintained, CUP TP is.
- CUP TP has ponds.
- CUP TP has fixed vegetation
- CUP TP has fixed walls and fences

"Not had any problems with AIATP" is outright wrong. In the beginning it used to crash. A lot. It used to crash when AI was moving on Sahrani. It used to crash when there was a building that had fuel capacity. It used to crash when certain buildings popped up.

CUP Terrain is new, and yeah, it will have some issues, which will be ironed out. The problem with the terrain pack so far is only the minor issue with the missing compatibility configs, which is a no-brainer to fix with the pbo I posted.
Yes AiATP did have some problems to start, but not recently. The House of Clowns dedicated server updated CUP, & RHS recently which lost quite a lot of missions from the server (no longer worked) so we rolled back to previous versions, for now at least. Will have to see how it goes.
As I said, use the pbo I posted earlier in the thread.

Other than that, I outlined the reasons for changing to CUP Terrain Pack.

Spoiler alert: Try shooting through rocks in Takistan.
Pages: 1 2