Comrades in Arms Discussion Board
Hello! Newbie here! - Printable Version

+- Comrades in Arms Discussion Board (http://forum.ciahome.net)
+-- Forum: Comrades in Arms Life (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Offtopic (http://forum.ciahome.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Hello! Newbie here! (/showthread.php?tid=2115)

Hello! Newbie here! - Revan - 11-18-2011

I by no means am new to OFP or ArmA, but as far as looking around for a group to play with, I am (pretty much. I HAVE played a few domination games with Silent Warriors back in 2010, but only a few. Was fun, though.). I'm Revan (took my name from the Dark Lord of the Sith from KOTOR. One of my fav Star Wars game series), but most of my friends lately have been calling me "Rev", so feel free to shift between those both. I personally don't care what people call me, I answer to just about anything, but Rev is a name I would like to be called here if it's not too much of a request. But enough about my name, that's boring (I'm a boring person over all, IMO. lol).

If you are a TL;DR person, feel free to just stop reading past this point.

I love Military History, Tactics, and Equipment...pretty much always have. My dreams to join the U.S. Military came crashing down when I contracted type 1 Diabetes when I was 11, so the only thing I can do lately is play simulators, check out some airsoft stuff, or watch the military channel. Some say I know so much military stuff that it's rather scary and they may be right....okay, it kinda does scare me too, but you know. I realize that sounds a bit excessive and pathetic, but those are my main hobbies next to gaming, writing, and scripting/planning for movies.

My favorite color is red. Red = fire, passion, the blood of my enemies....well, at least fire and passion, because that last one can be a bit creepy if you look at it. But look at me just rambling on like normal!

I like making friends with people, instead of fighting and trying to look like a big shot when I'm really not. I give respect where it is deserved and I protect my friends where it is needed. I'd like to say I'm mostly calm, but should I ever sound like a complete dirt bag, it could possibly be because my blood sugars are high. It really sucks to have diabetes...it can turn me into a person I'm not.

Anyways, in terms of OFP and ArmA, I love playing tactically...flanking the enemy's weak spots...hitting the enemy where it hurts the most. I love doing that rather than just run in guns blazing, no real aiming, hoping to hit something and achieve victory in the end. I love working as a team and I love feeling useful and helping teams get stuff accomplished, regardless of what role I am. I've played every single shooter (well most of them) I know of in a tactical manner and most of the time, that style of play has actually helped me accomplish objectives with a friend of mine... believe it or not. Shows those bunny hoppers the true meaning of using your brains in combat. Does sound a bit mean, I'll admit, but I just tire easily of senseless gameplay with people acting like complete morons and not achieving objectives like they should be. I'm tired of the "OMG U N00B H4X" and the "U camper!!!" crap when I'm actually trying to achieve an objective like actual military personnel would (or at least my friend and I try to recreate that). It's time for the real deal (well, a more challenging and worth it deal). I want to actually work as a team with people to accomplish objectives and I want to be a part of something special and massive, or at least bigger than 32 player confined spaces maps....I like large scale operations (massive infantry assaults sound awesome at this point.)

Whether it be the Silent Warriors or the Comrades in Arms, I just need to join a group where there is true respect, rather than just the people who troll, talking about how much I 'sux0rz at aiming, zomgz u h4x0rz' (I understand light hearted jokes, but when people go into that kind of thing being all serious, you can tell they have need of urgent help.).

I am actually thinking of joining you guys, because of the OFP portion, but before I make my decision, perhaps I should have a few games of OFP with you guys first? Singleplayer is fun and all, but I just need to play MP. This laptop actually really sucks for ArmA: Gold right now (so OFP will have to do for now), but that will soon change. Hopefully one eventually that can run ArmA II or even....ArmA III.

Anyways, I apologize for my novel that is this post. Glad to meet you folks and I'm looking forward to at least doing something with a large group like you guys.

Re: Hello! Newbie here! - kenwort - 12-01-2011

Cool story bro.. jk Big Grin

Welcome to CiA Revan!

You should join us tomorrow for CWR coop evening, haven't seen you on the servers yet.